• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
when kearse caught that pass on his back, i texted my boy dirt and say "this fucking guys cursed".

i was prepared for a loss.

People dwell on that last interception but that whole game was pretty fucking good. Pats got the last laugh but that was an entertaining game no matter who you were routing for.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
simple

seattle isnt setting him up for success. i thought seattle would be like the pats NW. the parallels were there. i dont think carroll is as good a coach as people up there think (having seen him here myself, hes doing the same things and he got canned for it here). i just dont see a long term formula for success there.

wilson is the best combo of legs and arm ive seen since randall cunningham. he can be dynamic when he needs to. i also just dont see a "take a game over" guy in him...or a guy who can carry a team on an off day.

So there's nothing IN HIM you're seeing that lead you to believe that he's plateaued.

Noted.

The conversation about Carroll is a good one to have, but it has zip to do with whether Wilson 'is what he is.' I figure he's only coaching for another three years tops anyway. Despite the fountain of youth exterior, the guy is second only to Coughlin for age.

The first sentence bolded has a logic issue with the second sentence.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People dwell on that last interception but that whole game was pretty fucking good. Pats got the last laugh but that was an entertaining game no matter who you were routing for.
best superbowl ive seen since montana/boomer in what, 88?

IMO

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never had that defense and Marshawn Lynch at the same time. Doesn't get much easier than what Wilson gets to do. And then he throws a pick to lose the game anyway, so what's to like?

Rivers...C'mon now...are you telling me that LT wasn't better than Lynch? The DEF was never on the SEA level, but the OFC was much stronger...that said, the DEF was good enough to make to the conf game 1 time and DIV round 4 times and 3 of those times they won 11 or more games...they had pretty good football teams...don't get me wrong, I would take Rivers in his prime all day over RW, but I'm not going to say he would have won anything more than what he's won.

Wilson...yeah, he's not asked to throw it 40 times, but you still have to make plays at some point to win as many games as they have...A.Smith and Kap couldn't get it done with a comparable DEF in SF (and I don't mean the '14-'15 49ers.)

People call RW a game manager...Idt that's wrong, he is a game manager...but idt it's a bad thing when you win. If they brought in Bruce Arians as the HC...yeah, they would be throwing it 30 times a game...RW would have beefier stats, but fewer wins.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Wilson's defense wasn't #1 in everything he lost too. Nothing makes it easier than that defense he's been playing with, #1 in yards and #1 in points both of his Super Bowl trips.

That worked out well considering he was facing the team that set the NFL record for points and yards in his SB win. Seattles offense wasn't bad either. #1 in rushing in 2013 and #9 overall in 2014.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So there's nothing IN HIM you're seeing that lead you to believe that he's plateaued.

Noted.

The conversation about Carroll is a good one to have, but it has zip to do with whether Wilson 'is what he is.' I figure he's only coaching for another three years tops anyway. Despite the fountain of youth exterior, the guy is second only to Coughlin for age.

The first sentence bolded has a logic issue with the second sentence.
why?

someone can be both dynamic but unable to carry a team. you see it all the time. shit, dexter mccluster can be dynamic.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, except it wasn't about those guys was it? It was BB comparing RW to Staubach. I've also heard him compared to Fran Tarkenton a lot too. No big deal though right? He's just mediocre.

Why should I really care what little 17 year old Billy Belichick thought about Staubach? I've heard Wilson compared to a headless chicken a lot too and the headless chicken threw less game losing interceptions in the Super Bowl.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what entire story?

brady led the league in 2002 with 28 TD's

thats an actuality.
You used that stat/fact in regards to a comparison of Wilson/Brady. There's more to the story about that fact you provided, especially considering the fact that Wilson wasn't even in the NFL and wouldn't be for nearly a decade. Thus, considering that, you are only left to use hypotheticals when comparing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That worked out well considering he was facing the team that set the NFL record for points and yards in his SB win. Seattles offense wasn't bad either. #1 in rushing in 2013 and #9 overall in 2014.

Yeah, I already mentioned Marshawn Lynch. What a beast. He gets it done even when the passing game doesn't scare anyone.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the first half of that game, when the game was still in doubt, it wasn't the very pedestrian M. Lynch moving the sticks and putting points on the board. It was Wilson.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers...C'mon now...are you telling me that LT wasn't better than Lynch? The DEF was never on the SEA level, but the OFC was much stronger...that said, the DEF was good enough to make to the conf game 1 time and DIV round 4 times and 3 of those times they won 11 or more games...they had pretty good football teams...don't get me wrong, I would take Rivers in his prime all day over RW, but I'm not going to say he would have won anything more than what he's won.

Wilson...yeah, he's not asked to throw it 40 times, but you still have to make plays at some point to win as many games as they have...A.Smith and Kap couldn't get it done with a comparable DEF in SF (and I don't mean the '14-'15 49ers.)

People call RW a game manager...Idt that's wrong, he is a game manager...but idt it's a bad thing when you win. If they brought in Bruce Arians as the HC...yeah, they would be throwing it 30 times a game...RW would have beefier stats, but fewer wins.

Rivers with that defense is basically a blow out every game. Rivers wins games when he has to score more than 24 points. Wilson doesn't.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I already mentioned Marshawn Lynch. What a beast. He gets it done even when the passing game doesn't scare anyone.

This isn't true, and hasn't been for going on three seasons now. We've been passing (and running the read option) to set up the run forever.

Seattle's seven tries to cash it in from close in the first half vs the 9ers last night was a perfect encapsulation of that.

Lynch has been stuffed repeatedly in obvious running plays for years now.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers with that defense is basically a blow out every game. Rivers wins games when he has to score more than 24 points. Wilson doesn't.

Wilson's never puked on anyone's shoes at midfield while playing in a Superbowl. So he's got that going for him.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blah, blah blah. I do give you points for consistency.
Wilson's never puked on anyone's shoes at midfield while playing in a Superbowl. So he's got that going for him.

I almost feel for e-nut. Wonder if he's going to have to watch Bradford for another year past this one?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This was the last playoff game SD played with a good football team...so I'm taking their '13 wildcard game out of play which they lost 24-17 to DEN.

New York Jets 17 at San Diego Chargers 14
Sunday, January 17, 2010

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was the last playoff game SD played with a good football team...so I'm taking their '13 wildcard game out of play which they lost 24-17 to DEN.

New York Jets 17 at San Diego Chargers 14
Sunday, January 17, 2010

His kicker missed 3 kicks!

Also his defense made a rookie into a 130 yard rusher and Rivers threw a touchdown his last drive and never got the ball back.

I must have missed when the Seahawks defense let that happen and Hauschka missed all day...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also his defense made a rookie into a 130 yard rusher and Rivers threw a touchdown his last drive and never got the ball back.

I don't how many yards that gave up if they only yielded 17 pts...you're supposed to win that game @ home...You tell me he threw a TD late 4th just to reach 14.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is on pace for 18 TD's and 11 picks

3,800 yards

thats 237 yards a game over 16

1.12 TD's per game

trent dilfer with legs

Put Brady behind our line and I think his dream of playing 10 more years would end rather quickly.... Wilson has been an escape artist behind this O-line which has 3 rookies ...

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I must have missed when the Seahawks defense let that happen and Hauschka missed all day...

Oh, so now we're make excuses like kicker play and poor defense? Go and look up how many of the high scoring Seattle losses had Wilson walk off the field with a lead, only to have the defense give up the winning score.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Brady behind our line and I think his dream of playing 10 more years would end rather quickly.... Wilson has been an escape artist behind this O-line which has 3 rookies ...
so has brady behind our damaged line. you see him having to move like rodgers last week?