• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson to Seahawks: "Give me love or nothing at all!"

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have said I was crazy for saying this, but what's wrong with a 5 yr/$65 mil deal all guaranteed with some incentives that could net him another $15 or $20 mil.

Nothing is wrong with that at all.

A QB contract is pretty much 100% guarenteed for the first 4 years no matter what. Even if Wilson played like Johnny Manziel in 2015, he's still going to start in 2016 and probably 2017 and 2018 too. The front office would give him time to work out his issues and if he improved at all, they'd keep him on the payroll until a new QB could be developed.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No kidding, but it won't happen. Some hard negotiations go on, but at the end you know the Seahawks will sign him.
No question in my mind he is a Seahawk for years to come...... but he would look mighty nice in Cardinal red.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing is wrong with that at all.

A QB contract is pretty much 100% guarenteed for the first 4 years no matter what. Even if Wilson played like Johnny Manziel in 2015, he's still going to start in 2016 and probably 2017 and 2018 too. The front office would give him time to work out his issues and if he improved at all, they'd keep him on the payroll until a new QB could be developed.

Exactly...but I have a feeling these damn agents don't want to get cut short.

As I understand it...agents get paid their percentage off the gross amount of the contract so obviously they want to see the $100 mil deals....I don't know how that works if the player gets cut, but either way the bigger the better for the agent b/c they use those big numbers to lure other players.

To be honest...I've kinda done a 180 on guaranteed contracts in the NFL now...do it...and then we'll start to see true value contracts instead of deals like Kaep's.