• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks Got Fleeced.....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 70S Show Lol GIF by Laff

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I graded it around a B for both teams. It was blowing my mind though when analysts/media, and other sites like Walter Football/PFF were saying Seattle got fleeced or grading it a D/F for Seattle and A for Denver, etc. I never understood it and certainly posted that back when the trade happened.

I think I also graded Seattle's overall draft an A where various sites gave it B to B- because they didn't draft a QB... lol. Seattle prob. has the best draft class (maybe outside of the Jets who were drafting higher) through week 9 and all the drafted QBs suck ass.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think I graded it around a B for both teams. It was blowing my mind though when analysts/media, and other sites like Walter Football/PFF were saying Seattle got fleeced or grading it a D/F for Seattle and A for Denver, etc. I never understood it and certainly posted that back when the trade happened.

I think I also graded Seattle's overall draft an A where various sites gave it B to B- because they didn't draft a QB... lol. Seattle prob. has the best draft class (maybe outside of the Jets who were drafting higher) through week 9 and all the drafted QBs suck ass.

It was a C- at best for the Seahawks for me at the time

Yes they got a couple of first rounders but I never expected them to be anywhere near the top 20.

Thanks Russell :thumb:

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just googled the trade as I didn't really pay attention when it went down. Holy fucking shit. Assuming Gino Smith has finally settled into who he really is under Pete's leadership this puts Seattle in a sweet place for the foreseeable future.

Thirteen months later, Seattle traded Wilson to the Denver Broncos along with a 2022 fourth-round pick in exchange for Drew Lock, Shelby Harris, Noah Fant, Denver's first- and second-rounders in each of the next two drafts as well as a 2022 fifth-rounder.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a thread bump coming...

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a thread bump coming...

We can bump the one where Seattle fans spiked the ball 8 games after they won the Jamal Adams trade.

Seeing Russ this year, it is hard to imagine Seattle losing this one at this point. But it is still really early. But at least this trade for Seattle, time actually increases the value (usually) as the draft picks start to play out.

What is going to be interesting for Seattle is when Geno's agent comes into the room in the offseason and asks for Russel's contract that Seattle didn't want to sign him to. Do they give it to him after how he has performed? Or do they stick with what was probably their original plan was and go after a young guy in the draft???

What is crap is that over the years I have seen Seattle games WAY more often than I have cared to with Wilson under contract. But the NFL thought like everyone else that they were going to suck and they haven't been on much this year and I still have seen a game with both Geno and Walker (who I really want to see) on the field together. I wonder if their GM hasnt looked back in the last couple of weeks after seeing how good Walker is playing and just thought for historical reasons that they should have swapped Mafe and Walker picks in the 2nd round.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can bump the one where Seattle fans spiked the ball 8 games after they won the Jamal Adams trade.

Seeing Russ this year, it is hard to imagine Seattle losing this one at this point. But it is still really early. But at least this trade for Seattle, time actually increases the value (usually) as the draft picks start to play out.

What is going to be interesting for Seattle is when Geno's agent comes into the room in the offseason and asks for Russel's contract that Seattle didn't want to sign him to. Do they give it to him after how he has performed? Or do they stick with what was probably their original plan was and go after a young guy in the draft???

What is crap is that over the years I have seen Seattle games WAY more often than I have cared to with Wilson under contract. But the NFL thought like everyone else that they were going to suck and they haven't been on much this year and I still have seen a game with both Geno and Walker (who I really want to see) on the field together. I wonder if their GM hasnt looked back in the last couple of weeks after seeing how good Walker is playing and just thought for historical reasons that they should have swapped Mafe and Walker picks in the 2nd round.

I Highly doubt that might happen but we shall see.

But With Hurts, Jackson and a good QB Draft Class............

We can find a suitable replacement

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give Geno the contract RW wanted??? not unless someone is high

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You used that gif while claiming the Seahawks were tanking if they went with Geno at QB.
I'm cool with being wrong. :suds:
Besides you dont know they werent trying to tank & Geno just didnt write them back :becky:

But you know Geno (if he keeps this up) is getting paid next year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give Geno the contract RW wanted??? not unless someone is high

Go look at Geno’s stats. He is a top 5 QB this year and he is only 32 years old. He continues at anywhere close to this pace and he is signing a MASSIVE contract this off-season.

He is on pace to pass for 4000 yards, 30TD’s and less than 10 INT’s. Even with some regression in the 2nd half of the season, his season is going to be a monster of a year.

The 2 year tag value is 2 years $81M ($31.5 m 1st year, almost $40m 2nd year). Zero chance his agents accepts a penny less than that. And if you want to make it team friendly and backload it a little, it means giving him 4 year $160M+ deal. And he might accept a little less to stay with Seattle…..but he isn’t leaving $30 million on the table under what he would EASILY make on the open market.

And then do the math on teams in need of QB’s now and even just importantly moving forward.

Need QB’s this off-season….
Atlanta
Carolina
Indy
Washington
New Orleans

Might need QB’s this offseason…
Tampa
Green Bay

Teams with young starters that are not great and could use an upgrade
Giants
Jets
New England

Teams that have decent QB’s that will be over the age of 35 when the season starts next year
Vikings
Rams
Titans
Denver

The QB drain in the league is real. And it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Long and short is Geno getting paid. No way his agent would accept anything less than absolute top dollar contract at this point especially as this is the last contract Geno will likely ever sign and in the environment that is developing around the QB position In the league.

What is going to be interesting to see is if Seattle ponies up….or for the 2nd year in a row makes a MONSTER trade that would easily net them way more than 1st round pick value back for their QB and then they go young starter.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go look at Geno’s stats. He is a top 5 QB this year and he is only 32 years old. He continues at anywhere close to this pace and he is signing a MASSIVE contract this off-season.

He is on pace to pass for 4000 yards, 30TD’s and less than 10 INT’s. Even with some regression in the 2nd half of the season, his season is going to be a monster of a year.

The 2 year tag value is 2 years $81M ($31.5 m 1st year, almost $40m 2nd year). Zero chance his agents accepts a penny less than that. And if you want to make it team friendly and backload it a little, it means giving him 4 year $160M+ deal. And he might accept a little less to stay with Seattle…..but he isn’t leaving $30 million on the table under what he would EASILY make on the open market.

And then do the math on teams in need of QB’s now and even just importantly moving forward.

Atlanta
Carolina
Indy
Washington
New Orleans

Tampa
Green Bay

Giants
Jets
New England

Teams that have decent QB’s that will be over the age of 35 when the season starts next year
Vikings
Rams
Titans
Denver

The QB drain in the league is real. And it’s going to get worse before it gets better.

Long and short is Geno getting paid. No way his agent would accept anything less than absolute top dollar contract at this point especially as this is the last contract Geno will likely ever sign and in the environment that is developing around the QB position In the league.

What is going to be interesting to see is if Seattle ponies up….or for the 2nd year in a row makes a MONSTER trade that would easily net them way more than 1st round pick value back for their QB and then they go young starter.
Maybe. still half of the season to go. You being a Viking fan remember Case Keenum I'm sure. He had one of these fluke season with the Vikings, did he get handed a monster contract? Only so many idiot GMs in the NFL. Speaking of idiot GMs you mentioned Carolina is in need of a QB. They foolishly traded for Darnold and Mayfield ( Mayfield being one of those with one season of decent stats then poof). I doubt they are interested in paying Geno big money, they did that with Bridgewater then had to literally pay the Broncos to take him off their hands.
Folks are too easily impressed with a small sample size.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Atlanta
Carolina
Indy
Washington
New Orleans

Tampa
Green Bay

Giants
Jets
New England

Vikings
Rams
Titans
Denver

No. He is not getting $160M for 4 years. It’s just not happening.

he also isn’t bringing back way more than a first round pick in a monster trade

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Atlanta
Carolina
Indy
Washington
New Orleans

Tampa
Green Bay

Giants
Jets
New England

Vikings
Rams
Titans
Denver

well they cant trade Geno
So imagine not signing him, then he goes elsewhere & continues this new geno somewhere else. While the hawks start all over with a newbie?
Question is. Would Seattle let him leave? I'm gonna say they dont. (then he goes back to the old Geno)

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. still half of the season to go. You being a Viking fan remember Case Keenum I'm sure. He had one of these fluke season with the Vikings, did he get handed a monster contract? Only so many idiot GMs in the NFL. Speaking of idiot GMs you mentioned Carolina is in need of a QB. They foolishly traded for Darnold and Mayfield ( Mayfield being one of those with one season of decent stats then poof). I doubt they are interested in paying Geno big money, they did that with Bridgewater then had to literally pay the Broncos to take him off their hands.
I agree. I am not sold he will continue this next season, but if he continues this the rest of this season, its like playing cards with a good hand against a possible better hand. It might be hard for the Hawks to fold. Someone will pay him though (they always do)

Good news if the Seahawks do fold. The Broncos are trying to give you a top 5 pick if there is any college prospects out there. So it can give you an out with the fans that will go berserk.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Case Keenum signed a 2 year $36M contract after that season with $25M of it guaranteed. While it wasn’t top dollar, it wasn’t a tiny contract at the time. Case had physical limitations that slowed people down. Geno doesn’t have that. There is a reason why Geno was an early 2nd round pick while Case went undrafted. If Case had the body and arm that Geno has, he’d be a top QB in this league.

Speaking of Case…..if he starts on Sunday in place of Allen, I bet he beats us. And fantasy football players in need of a streaming starter could do worse.