• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson is starting a pretty impressive list

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Two hands are not required for a catch. Tate got a hand on it first and the ball never once moves relative to his hand. If he slips half an inch you have a case the catch was not complete yet, but from the second it hits his hand first it never moves once.

I'd never thought of it that way. Excellent point.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Russell is a bad QB but I'd still take him over cam.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wilson. He reminds me of Tarkenton, but I think we need to tap the brakes a bit. He's in a great situation with a hell of a supporting cast.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That's absolute alright. These two players are still way too early in their careers right now to be absolute about anything. You don't have to "convince" me, but the numbers don't lie. Of all the young QB's Wilson RIGHT NOW is the best."

lol, you would take RW over Andrew Luck even too...yes, you do have your steve largent tshirt on. I really like RW, don't get me wrong...but the best, right now...no.....not with RGIII, Luck, Cam in the league, even Foles (19 tds to 0 int??) and Tannihill (3200 yrds) is blowing away probably everyones expectations.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bad QB? Wow! So you're not a big fan of the QB rating stat?

Passer rating or ESPN's QBR?

Passer rating has some value, but if a QB doesn't have to be aggressive to win games for his team, it doesn't have much use as a comparison to someone who has no ground game or defense and has to put up 30 a game by himself to have a shot.

QBR is 100% valueless. If you use it in a discussion I can never take you seriously again.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"That's absolute alright. These two players are still way too early in their careers right now to be absolute about anything. You don't have to "convince" me, but the numbers don't lie. Of all the young QB's Wilson RIGHT NOW is the best."

lol, you would take RW over Andrew Luck even too...yes, you do have your steve largent tshirt on. I really like RW, don't get me wrong...but the best, right now...no.....not with RGIII, Luck, Cam in the league, even Foles (19 tds to 0 int??) and Tannihill (3200 yrds) is blowing away probably everyones expectations.

Who is doing the best right now is a whole nother argument but when you but to compare what RW is doing to Luck and RG3?? i mean look at the stats in black and white RW threw 100 less passes and has 7 more TDs than them. RW and Luck almost have the same amount of yards??

I hate when people say that RW's offense is better aside from marshawn lynch who do we have? Golden Tate, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse arent exactly an All Star cast for the ages im a hawks fan and i have to admit this the reason why RW runs in circles is because he is buying time for his recievers to get open

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry. Just catch the guy who caught the ball. You touched it first. It's your ball. Take away? No such thing. Oh that guy you threw on the ground to get open in the first place... No problem. :spit:

And nice gifs up there. Don't forget what you said... Bad calls all game long. Both ways.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry. Just catch the guy who caught the ball. You touched it first. It's your ball. Take away? No such thing. Oh that guy you threw on the ground to get open in the first place... No problem. :spit:

And nice gifs up there. Don't forget what you said... Bad calls all game long. Both ways.

It never once moved relative to Tate's hand. If you can't even break his grip (with two hands verse his one, btw), you didn't take it away.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO. What rounds were those guys picked in again vs. Wilson and Foles? Being 1st rounders and top 10 picks, they had better "blow everyones expectations" :laugh3:

Yet, Luck has struggled this year as of late. RG3 is clearly not himself and has yet proved that he can be again. Tannehill isn't nearly playing as well as Russell Wilson and Nick Foles.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with cloud that there are higher expectations for griff and luck based on their draft positions.

And if one was to be choosing based on performance TODAY, RW leads in the performance category with wins on the field. Ultimately, wins are what a team wants, stats be damned. Now tomorrow or next year, who knows?

Still like Griffs future potential best, barring injury. Course, you gotta take that with a grain of salt, I am a skins fan, after all.

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with cloud that there are higher expectations for griff and luck based on their draft positions.

And if one was to be choosing based on performance TODAY, RW leads in the performance category with wins on the field. Ultimately, wins are what a team wants, stats be damned. Now tomorrow or next year, who knows?

Still like Griffs future potential best, barring injury. Course, you gotta take that with a grain of salt, I am a skins fan, after all.

I keep seeing people talk about RGIII's potential being high, but he was average in college, just got the benefit of playing in a conference that had ZERO defense, so he had crazy high stats. In the NFL, he is facing real defenses every week and he is playing at the same level, average. I just think what you have already seen is what you are going to get from RGIII. The job for the WAS coaches is to build a gameplan around what he does well, don't try to turn him into something he is not (a drop back passer).

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't pass either of Luck, Griffin up for Wilson for this second though. Cam, tannehill, Foles you can, but Griffin and Luck have been doing well for their situations and the upside tomorrow if you give each equivalent talent still goes to both over Wilson.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't pass either of Luck, Griffin up for Wilson for this second though. Cam, tannehill, Foles you can, but Griffin and Luck have been doing well for their situations and the upside tomorrow if you give each equivalent talent still goes to both over Wilson.

I will NEVER pass on Luck and RG3. One has to be silly to do so. Of course, the jest of my original argument was the fact that a poster would absolutely take Cam over Wilson. As it stands right now, I don't know if I would do that. But in terms of what they'll be like down the road, it remains to be seen.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
\They never say "the right call was made" or anything like that. They merely ask if we are still butt hurt over it. Speaks volumes that even Seahawks fans know we got screwed in that game.

FWIW, I think the right call was made (and said so at the time). If you have a rule which allows simultaneous possession and gives the ball to an offense in such a case, I think it clearly qualifies. Especially if you look at the back angle. Tate clearly gets his hands on the ball when it is still in the air and has his arms around te ball for 2-3 seconds after they are on the ground. It's possession, even if MD Jennings possessed it more. The rule doesn't care about who possessed it more, so that is irrelevant. All that matters is whether Tate possessed it and he did. Stupid rule. Right call.

The lack of an OPI was inexcusable, but that almost never gets called.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take Wilson over cam in any context. He is not that good, regardless of claims otherwise. You don't build a team around him.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will NEVER pass on Luck and RG3. One has to be silly to do so. Of course, the jest of my original argument was the fact that a poster would absolutely take Cam over Wilson. As it stands right now, I don't know if I would do that. But in terms of what they'll be like down the road, it remains to be seen.

Really? Wilson's QB Rating on the year (108) is higher than Andrew Luck's for any game since Week 1! At least last year, Luck had more raw numbers. Even that's not true this year. Wilson has more passing yards in the first three quarters and only has less overall because of garbage time.

And even more shockingly, he did it without his two tackles. He did it as the second most hurried QB in the league. He did it with a #1 receiver who entered the year with 1 career 100 yard game.

Wilson's #7 in completion percentage. Luck is #31.
Wilson's #3 in YPA. Luck is #29.
Wilson is #6 in TDs. Luck is #16.
Wilson is #1 in fewest INTs amongst guys with 10 starts. This is Luck's best stat, but he is still #5.
Wilson is #3 in QB Rating. Luck is #26.
Wilson is #3 in QB rushing yards. Luck is #8.
Wilson is #1 in Wins. Luck is #7.

And again, he has done this with a worse supporting cast. Saying you'd pick Luck over Wilson looked stupid when they were in college. At this point, it is so futile it is like arguing Sam Bowie was better than Jordan. It's unspeakably one-sided.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm talking in a vacuum of TODAY only. Agree with all the other qualifiers.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, I think the right call was made (and said so at the time). If you have a rule which allows simultaneous possession and gives the ball to an offense in such a case, I think it clearly qualifies. Especially if you look at the back angle. Tate clearly gets his hands on the ball when it is still in the air and has his arms around te ball for 2-3 seconds after they are on the ground. It's possession, even if MD Jennings possessed it more. The rule doesn't care about who possessed it more, so that is irrelevant. All that matters is whether Tate possessed it and he did. Stupid rule. Right call.

The lack of an OPI was inexcusable, but that almost never gets called.

I agree on all 3 counts. Whether it looked kind of funky or not it was simultaneous possession. It was OPI but there is nearly always some sort of PI on Hail Marys and they're rarely called.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take Wilson over cam in any context. He is not that good, regardless of claims otherwise. You don't build a team around him.

Only the highest QB Rating in NFL history
and the most wins in the first two years in NFL history
and the 6th highest completion percentage ever
and the 3rd highest yards per attempt in NFL history.

Yep, he's completely average.