• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson is starting a pretty impressive list

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when GB fans had a team playing well enough that they talked about that year instead of phantom crap from prior years? Those were the days....

Oh come on now. We enjoy talking about the fail mary regardless of the Packers' record.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh come on now. We enjoy talking about the fail mary regardless of the Packers' record.

If you hadn't been on the QB carousel for better than the last month and worked your way nearly out of playoff contention I'm sure there would be a lot more to talk about than a game last year that didn't end up making you miss the playoffs anyway.

:suds:

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

People blame the ref's,the holdout on the NFL management,you name it but i still get a kick out of it.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM I must say you surprise me. I never would of guess you would defend that call. Kudos. However I really wish that call and that game would just be forgotten. It was just one call, out of a million calls that fans could bitch about and at the end of the season it didn't have a impact on the playoffs. I suspect, I'll still hear about that call years from now.

I call things how they are. I don't have slants (except probably one involving NE which I try to keep out of conversations that it's not relevant to) for or against teams. I just weight things differently than most.

Calls are generally not as subject to debate as people like to pretend they are. There is a clear cut right call in most situations and in this one it was made. Tate caught the ball.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call things how they are. I don't have slants (except probably one involving NE which I try to keep out of conversations that it's not relevant to) for or against teams. I just weight things differently than most.

Calls are generally not as subject to debate as people like to pretend they are. There is a clear cut right call in most situations and in this one it was made. Tate caught the ball.

There was nothing clear about that game other than both teams were playing hard and the refs really really sucked. It was probably a catch, but he did clearly push off and it should have been an easy call to make. Still, while some Seattle fans can admit there were calls that went our way, pretty much none of the GB fans can accept the ones that went their way as well and what those meant to the game. Total denial.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PI doesn't get called. It should have and I don't dispute that, but just catch/no catch, that call was easier than the PI would have been if that was first quarter.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's funny is every time this game gets brought up by Packers fans, Seattle fans give the same response. They never say "the right call was made" or anything like that. They merely ask if we are still butt hurt over it. Speaks volumes that even Seahawks fans know we got screwed in that game.

If you knew how many Stealer fans told us XL was fairly called, then you would understand. Roughly 1000 times the impact.

hawkfan1073

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this shit again....praise jeebus let it go!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time two big name QBs go head to head the media touts it as "Brady vs Manning" or "Brees vs Rodgers" etc... They compare records head to head all the time. It got me thinking about Russell Wilson's personal list of QB's he's "defeated" head to head. Of course QB's never actually go head to head but it always get sold that way.

Here is Russell Wilson's list to date of top QB's he's faced. **NOTE** I'm not including guys like Fitzpatrick or Ponder/Cassell types. Only top tier (or perceived top tier) QB's

His list:

• Tony Romo
  • Cam Newton x2
  • Collin Kaepernick x2
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Tom Brady
  • Drew Brees
  • Matt Ryan
  • RGIII
  • Jay Cutler
  • Matt Shaub
A couple losses to some good QB's include:

• Andrew Luck
  • Matt Ryan
  • Matthew Stafford
  • Ryan Tannehill
  • Alex Smith
Not bad for a guy who's only played 39 pro games.

He get's a chance to put Eli Manning on his list as well this year.

I am a Russel Wison fan. I like the kid, I like the QB, I like the team player.
I watched him in college at NC state - fun to watch
I EXPECT him to succeed. Comparing him to the great QB's in the game should wait a bit in my opinion.
Slow this crap down a bit. Let it simmer. Cook it too fast and it (you) will get burned.....

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really funny is the GB fans conveniently forget that their only TD drive was extended by a bogus PI call on Kam Chancellor on third down. If the refs don't make that call then the fail mary probably never happens. As it stands, the refs just evened the score.

ekk6v.jpg

I am so glad someone has a GIF of that play I always tell people about that play saying that if it wasnt for that BS call the packers wouldnt have scored that TD and would have punted the ball But of course this gets swept under the rug because they want to highlight the golden tate catch

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this about Russell Wilson or the Fail Mary? I think Wilson is better than I ever gave him credit for. If not for the DangeRuss nonsense, I would've probably opened my eyes sooner. The guy is maddening and I'll never like him but I respect him as a QB. At least he's not as annoying as Richard Sherman. :doh:

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tony Romo - Wilson is just as good as

Cam Newton x2 - Cam is better

Collin Kaepernick x2 - Wilson is better than

Aaron Rodgers - no, until AR gets a new commercial

Tom Brady - no, until Tom gets divorced

Drew Brees - no, until Brees gets skin cancer

Matt Ryan- better than

RGIII - RG still better but getting closer

Jay Cutler - better than

Matt Shaub - just as good as

what earth are you from where you actually believe that Cam Newton, bum knee RG3, and Matt Schuab are equal to or better than Russell wilson. One QB his 3rd year in the league hasnt been to the playoffs, russells rookie season numbers look better than anything he has done. RG3 made it to the playoffs only to lose to Russell and his career hasnt been the same sense that day. Schuab doesnt even start of his team thats enough said. Not going to waste my time with jay cutler or tony romo. Matt Ryan has had great numbers but with jones hurt it shows me that he is the product of having great recievers

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this about Russell Wilson or the Fail Mary? I think Wilson is better than I ever gave him credit for. If not for the DangeRuss nonsense, I would've probably opened my eyes sooner. The guy is maddening and I'll never like him but I respect him as a QB. At least he's not as annoying as Richard Sherman. :doh:

It should be about Wilson. Of course some Packer fans decide they want to put an asterisk next to one of the QB he beat and bring up the Fail Mary. Same goes for the other thread about his home winning streak. People just need to let it go :L

One thing I will say though is that Wilson fully grasp the play-book, the play-calling, and leadership of this team now. He's only going to continue to improve and get better from here on out. Watch out. I've not seen that type of progression from RG3, Luck, and Kaepernick. Of course he also benefit from being surrounded by talented players and coaches as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what earth are you from where you actually believe that Cam Newton, bum knee RG3, and Matt Schuab are equal to or better than Russell wilson. One QB his 3rd year in the league hasnt been to the playoffs, russells rookie season numbers look better than anything he has done. RG3 made it to the playoffs only to lose to Russell and his career hasnt been the same sense that day. Schuab doesnt even start of his team thats enough said. Not going to waste my time with jay cutler or tony romo. Matt Ryan has had great numbers but with jones hurt it shows me that he is the product of having great recievers

surpise, would have never have thought a Seattle fan would have already had him better than almost everyone on the list.

Currently, today.

I would take Cam Newton absolutely over him.

Matt Schuab had just as good if not better stretch than RW.

RG3 is about RWs equal still.

Matt Ryan has had great numbers but with jones hurt it shows me that he is the product of having great recievers...very well said.

"playoffs" really? that is what determines a great QB? tell that to Dan Marino and Dan Fouts..."playoffs" mean a good to great TEAM...next thing you will be telling me is Dilfer is great because he has a superbowl ring.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
surpise, would have never have thought a Seattle fan would have already had him better than almost everyone on the list.

Currently, today.

I would take Cam Newton absolutely over him.

Matt Schuab had just as good if not better stretch than RW.

RG3 is about RWs equal still.

Matt Ryan has had great numbers but with jones hurt it shows me that he is the product of having great recievers...very well said.

"playoffs" really? that is what determines a great QB? tell that to Dan Marino and Dan Fouts..."playoffs" mean a good to great TEAM...next thing you will be telling me is Dilfer is great because he has a superbowl ring.

Seems like you're very absolute in taking Cam over Wilson. What has Cam done that Wilson isn't capable of doing? Perhaps elaborate and convince me. I want to make it clear that I'm not saying this because Wilson plays for Seattle either.:noidea:

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you're very absolute in taking Cam over Wilson. What has Cam done that Wilson isn't capable of doing? Perhaps elaborate and convince me. I want to make it clear that I'm not saying this because Wilson plays for Seattle either.:noidea:

Capable of doing? I think thats enough. Cam has out passed and even out ran him...I don't have to convince anyone. If we are talking "potential" then I need to put RGIII at a higher rating. Cam's "potential" could eaily match any extra stuff you want to add on to RW's "potential" meter.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Capable of doing? I think thats enough. Cam has out passed and even out ran him...I don't have to convince anyone. If we are talking "potential" then I need to put RGIII at a higher rating. Cam's "potential" could eaily match any extra stuff you want to add on to RW's "potential" meter.

Cam out passed Newton = Seattle is and will always be a run first offense as long as Marshawn Lynch is around. Newton also has a year on Wilson. This is based on the fact that Newton is averaging about 500 pass per season vs. Wilson under 400 pass attempts.

Wilson is equally as effective running the ball despite less attempts as well.

Strictly speaking for this season only:

Cam's passing yards: 2616 in 366 pass attempts
Wilson's passing yards: 2672 in 305 pass attempts

Cam's completion %: 61.7%
Wilson's completion %: 64.9%

Cam's passer rating: 88.1
Wilson's passer rating: 108.5

Cam's rushing yards: 447 yards on 82 carries.
Wilson's rushing yards: 456 yards on 80 carries.

That's absolute alright. These two players are still way too early in their careers right now to be absolute about anything. You don't have to "convince" me, but the numbers don't lie. Of all the young QB's Wilson RIGHT NOW is the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sure, if we are talking about raw ability... But don't forget that Cam's list when going head to head with elite QB's is not nearly as good as RW's. But there are a lot of factors that go into that, like the 'Hawks D. Now that the Panthers have one of the best D's in the league Cam will benefit just as RW has.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a Russel Wison fan. I like the kid, I like the QB, I like the team player.
I watched him in college at NC state - fun to watch
I EXPECT him to succeed. Comparing him to the great QB's in the game should wait a bit in my opinion.
Slow this crap down a bit. Let it simmer. Cook it too fast and it (you) will get burned.....

I'm posting this to you, but it goes for half the people in this thread.

The OP wasn't creating a list of who he is better than. He fully qualified what he was saying by first pointing out how 'some' talk about each game as QB A vs QB B and then showed a list of who Wilson has faced so far and had the team come out with a win. He never said, nor even suggested that made Wilson better than any of them. It was just a list of which QB's Seattle has beaten with him at the helm.

Now we all know there are some rather over the top Seattle fans and why wouldn't there be with what is going on up here? But some of you are quick to jump on things that aren't even said nor suggested by others.

Fact is RW is statistically in very rare air when compared to every other starting QB in the history of the league after nearly his first two full seasons. I believe he has tied the TD's by a starter over their first two years and his QB rating over that period is among the best ever. Of course Seattle fans are going to be excited about that and believe he is already one of the best in the league.

Does that make him elite already or better than any other QB in the league? That is always subjective as it is. Your top 10 list won't match anyone else's. I'll wait to start using elite or other such words until he has a bit more under his belt. How much more? Well that depends on how long he keeps these crazy stats going. Win a SB and people have to start talking about it at least. If he doesn't, then we will see how he does over the next year or two and see how consistent he is over those full seasons.

I'm just pointing out that it always seems like posters up here want to project more of what we are saying than what we actually type. The talk of his status wasn't started by a Seahawks poster.