• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson and Kaepernick

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're overstating it a bit. Winning by 25 points at half, after allowing 53 yards and no points in the first 27 minutes, and with backups rotating through pretty regularly, the Niners gave up a couple long drives that resulted in 10 total points. The lone TD came when Gore fumbled on our 28. The D scored the same amount of points as they allowed in the second half. I agree that the D wasn't totally and utterly dominant, but it's hardly time to freak out about a unit that has played well and gotten pretty good pressure even without Smith, who may very well be back in our next game. And hell, the Hawks allowed 17 points to that same Jags team, in Seattle.

The complete lack of pressure scares me still. That won't fly against a good team with a good quarterback. Its got to be fixed.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously that would be ideal, but he only threw the ball 21 times against Atlanta and we won that one. If the D and running game continue to click - particularly Kap's runnning - we can get by with low numbers of attempts. Especially if he's taking advantage of the few passes he throws.

but i'm referring to the play-offs, not now. start preparing a little at a time as opposed to having to sling it later.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Without a pass rush to speak of, they are going to have a tough time down there.

yeah, we all know that, so we take a few chances with blitzing.

as long as we fans know there is a consequence should they catch us with the right play?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The complete lack of pressure scares me still. That won't fly against a good team with a good quarterback. Its got to be fixed.

we all know there's big need for a pass rush, how do you fix it......not by just asking. why don't you throw out suggestions on improving it?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we all know there's big need for a pass rush, how do you fix it......not by just asking. why don't you throw out suggestions on improving it?[/QUOTE]

I have none, other than to unleash Bowman like they did against the Rams. That is why I'm so worried about it. If Fangio and the professionals can't come up with a fix, how do you expect me to?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The lack of pressure is an issue, and if Aldon isn't coming back soon, we've got to do more in terms of manufacturing it, as you've mentioned. But I think the general impression is that Aldon will be back soon. A guy who is good for more than a sack a game will do wonders for a pass rush. It will also allow us to rotate all four of our OLBs, keeping our pass rushers fresh.

I think Carradine will provide something as well. The dude was a beast of a pass rusher in college. Coming off an injury and playing against pros, I'm not expecting him to be a difference-maker. But if he's coming in fresh just to rush the passer for a few plays a game, we could see some impact.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
but i'm referring to the play-offs, not now. start preparing a little at a time as opposed to having to sling it later.

I know. I'm referencing the Atlanta playoff game that we won despite throwing very few passes. We were in position to win the Giants game despite 26 passes, including OT. This team can win without throwing that much. Obviously I'd like to see more success in the air, and I hope we work on that as our receivers come back. But if we're averaging 10+ YPA and converting our third downs, I'm not too worried about the pure number of passes.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Our secondary needs a good pass rush as well.

Yes, but I think they're playing much better this year than they did last year. Even without much pass rush over the past few weeks, they've been pretty solid by and large. A few breakdowns which have led to big plays, but otherwise I think theses guys are doing a very good job. Admittedly we haven't faced particularly good passing teams lately.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lack of pressure is an issue, and if Aldon isn't coming back soon, we've got to do more in terms of manufacturing it, as you've mentioned. But I think the general impression is that Aldon will be back soon. A guy who is good for more than a sack a game will do wonders for a pass rush. It will also allow us to rotate all four of our OLBs, keeping our pass rushers fresh.

I think Carradine will provide something as well. The dude was a beast of a pass rusher in college. Coming off an injury and playing against pros, I'm not expecting him to be a difference-maker. But if he's coming in fresh just to rush the passer for a few plays a game, we could see some impact.

He hasn't played football in a while though. Didn't he miss his senior year in college as well as every snap the 49ers have had this year? If so, that's a lot of time since he's played a down.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we all know there's big need for a pass rush, how do you fix it......not by just asking. why don't you throw out suggestions on improving it?[/QUOTE]

I have none, other than to unleash Bowman like they did against the Rams. That is why I'm so worried about it. If Fangio and the professionals can't come up with a fix, how do you expect me to?

we can all ask to fix this and fix that, cause its easy to complain and easy to just say 'fix it'.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know. I'm referencing the Atlanta playoff game that we won despite throwing very few passes. We were in position to win the Giants game despite 26 passes, including OT. This team can win without throwing that much. Obviously I'd like to see more success in the air, and I hope we work on that as our receivers come back. But if we're averaging 10+ YPA and converting our third downs, I'm not too worried about the pure number of passes.

wait......I cite 14 and 16 passes as not being enough to improve our passing game (not just Kaep). feel a few more - ie a little over twenty would be good. you post otherwise but then cite Atlanta (21 passes) and the Giants (26 passes)??!!

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He hasn't played football in a while though. Didn't he miss his senior year in college as well as every snap the 49ers have had this year? If so, that's a lot of time since he's played a down.

agree, we fans expect way too much from Dial and Carradine. eventually they will help, but for now...............

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm a fan, that's my job.

you repeat it about 5 times, then say you're not worried about it?

you say "they" should fix it, but then say Fangio and the professionals can't? if you know they can't fix it, then why do you keep demanding they do?

I know you're a fan, what kind of fan? nevermind................

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you repeat it about 5 times, then say you're not worried about it?

you say "they" should fix it, but then say Fangio and the professionals can't? if you know they can't fix it, then why do you keep demanding they do?

I know you're a fan, what kind of fan? nevermind................

I never said I was not worried about it. I'm very worried about it. What are you talking about?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Thread should be Cut off after yesterdays game. Wilson isn't even close to Kap. Wilson is a good QB but nothing great. Seattle wins again because of the D. That is 3 games the D has won for Seattle.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Thread should be Cut off after yesterdays game. Wilson isn't even close to Kap. Wilson is a good QB but nothing great. Seattle wins again because of the D. That is 3 games the D has won for Seattle.

LOL!