• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson and Kaepernick

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't speak for everyone but most here would agree that right now Wilson is playing better than Kap which is why you don't see a lot of support for it right now.

The only notion I personally dispute is the one where the gap between the two is big. I believe Wilson is playing better than Kap right now but both QBs have seen a fair share of highlights and lowlights so this season and I don't think the gap is that wide.

When it comes to what QB you want 5 years from now the debate is still open. Kaepernick could become the next Flacco being wildly inconsistent from game to game and Wilson could be just Doug Flutie 2.0 for all we know.

I believe both QBs have the potential to be great and are going through typical young QB growing pains that fans in "what are you doing for me this instant" mindset don't have patience for.

We live an a world where Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady can all be great QBs so there is no reason that the young guns like Luck, Wilson, RGIII, and Kap can't be all great together as well.

Good points. It's just way too early to tell how Wilson and Kaepernick will turn out. Right now Wilson is a little ahead of Kap, but I'm confident in our guy. Both quarterbacks are fun to watch and I hope that we will see many years of good football from these two.

I think the difference between Wilson and Kap right now is decisiveness and quickness. Wilson just makes the play, while Kap often looks hesitant. Also, Wilson is much quicker in small spaces than Kap. It takes Kap a little bit of time to build up his speed. Wilson is able to escape from sacks and pressures that Kap can't escape from. Finally, Wilson has a quicker release, while Kap kinda has a funky delivery that gives defenders an extra split second to react to his passes.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of book smarts, might want to go back to math class. I said seven of eight quarters. In the eighth quarter - the fourth quarter of the Atlanta game - he was sensational. But Kap was great in the GB game, and had very strong second halves against Atlanta and Baltimore. Kap was better in the playoffs than Wilson was.

Follow along CC. You said:

Last year? Not sure I agree with that. Wilson was bad for seven of the eight quarters he played in the playoffs. He was lucky they made it past the Redskins. This year I agree Wilson has been somewhat better.

Did you follow why I was laughing? Obviously, you lack the same common sense as Kaep. Wilson threw for 385 yds vs Atlanta, as I stated. Did all 385 come in 1 qtr? It's 100% hyperbole garbage that he was bad for 7 qtrs. He was great for 3 qtrs alone at Atlanta and solid at the Skins for 2.5. You obviously don't know jack what you're talking about.

I agree that book smarts don't matter all that much. That's why I was careful to qualify that Wilson seems to have greater on-field smarts at this time. But I've seen several reporters, including I believe Terry Blount, talking about Wilson as if he's some genius off the field. That's demonstrably false. And I don't think Kap gets nearly enough credit for his intelligence.

CC, you are full of :bullshit: When you were talking to me, you did NOT say RWill seems to have greater-on field smarts. Why not go back to page 3, post #35, so you can see the crap you keep spewing. Need a reminder? Obviously.

As for the "between the ears" thing, Kap is objectively more intelligent than Wilson. That doesn't mean he has more football smarts, but people talking Wilson up as if he is brilliant off the field are full of it. The guy has above average intelligence, but not by much. Kap is markedly smarter.

:L Where do you talk about on-field smarts? :laugh3: Can you say, no where? Why do you even bring up that Kaep is markedly smarter and off the field? That is what I was laughing.

And please re-read my post. Perhaps you will catch this part:

This year I agree Wilson has been somewhat better.

Reading comprehension issues? Did I ever question that comment? Never. Did you read that somewhere? I was questioning and laughing at your "RWill was bad for 7 of 8 qtrs. " Plus the off the field smarts comments you brought into it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought Seattle was a highly educated city....

:laugh3: :laugh3: Right CC, you couldn't follow along with common sense as delineated in the post above, then B.S. about words that you said but didn't and then lacked reading comprehension. Yet, you question anyones education level or even blanket a whole city?

:lol:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck both of them, I'll take Andy Dalton.

But all jokes aside now, I'll take Wilson over Kaep. I think he is just more talented. Kaep is a physical specimen with a cannon arm, but he doesn't have the touch required to be a QB right now. That can change, but at the moment I'm taking Wilson. The first TD throw to Rice was beautiful. He jumped and threw while turning and hit Rice perfectly probably 45 yards down field. Kaep has maybe the strongest arm in the league, but Wilson has a cannon himself too.

An objective fan that corroborated exactly what I said earlier in the thread about touch.

Kaep is a two trick pony. Lacks touch, can't roll to his left and do anything but run and with any pocket pressure he wilts. He has a rocket arm but I've seen plenty of rocket arms fail.

Kaep is a mid-level QB. Good call, Tubbs.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
An objective fan that corroborated exactly what I said earlier in the thread about touch.

Kaep is a two trick pony. Lacks touch, can't roll to his left and do anything but run and with any pocket pressure he wilts. He has a rocket arm but I've seen plenty of rocket arms fail.

Colin Kaepernick to Kyle Williams for 57 yds - NFL Videos

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpRuEH17UQk]Kaepernick throws a touchdown pass to walker - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePNqnQ0lC_A]Kaepernick throwing to moss for a touchdown - YouTube[/ame]

Took me about 30 seconds to find three examples of you not knowing what you're talking about. I have other specific plays in my mind too, but wasn't able to find the video. Yes, he does have a very strong arm. But he can put touch on the ball as well.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Where do you talk about on-field smarts? Can you say, no where? Why do you even bring up that Kaep is markedly smarter and off the field? That is what I was laughing"

It was meant as where do you talk about RWill and qualifying he's smarter?

Answer this, so we can end your 7 of 8 quarters were bad foolishness.

How does RWill account for 445 yds of offense vs Atlanta, 445 yards of Offense, but has only 1 good qtr? Let's not omit the 3 Td's and only 1 interception. You might as well admit you jumped the gun and are 100% incorrect. You "assume" that since we didn't score in the 1st half, RWill was bad = WRONG.

RWill took us to the 10 yd line twice in 1H and our O-Co got away from what got us there and runs right into Atlanta's D to get stopped. Lynch lost his shoe and we took the ball from RWill's hands twice. Lynch also fumbled in the 1st half.

Nobody accounts for 445 yds of Offense and 3 Td's with only 1 miscue and gets a bad rating for 3 of 4 quarters. It just shows your ignorance.

Seattle Seahawks at Atlanta Falcons - January 13th, 2013 - Pro-Football-Reference.com

:L :L :L:L:L:L

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took me about 30 seconds to find three examples of you not knowing what you're talking about. I have other specific plays in my mind too, but wasn't able to find the video. Yes, he does have a very strong arm. But he can put touch on the ball as well.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Have you not heard any of your fans say "he lacks touch" because I've seen the lack of it plenty of times.

Anyone can find a few highlights but show full game films and you'll see overall, Kaep lacks touch.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still confused. Are all Seahawks fans delusional and suffering from a persecution complex? Or just the ones who post here?

I don't get it, their team is 6-1. They have the greatest quarterback who has ever lived. His greatness transcends mere sports. The guy could be the president if he wanted to FFS. They have a better record than the 49ers. 42-13, etc.

So why do their little butts still hurt so much? And why do we have to be subjected to their deep-seeded emotional pain and turmoil?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still confused. Are all Seahawks fans delusional and suffering from a persecution complex? Or just the ones who post here?

I don't get it, their team is 6-1. They have the greatest quarterback who has ever lived. His greatness transcends mere sports. The guy could be the president if he wanted to FFS. They have a better record than the 49ers. 42-13, etc.

So why do their little butts still hurt so much? And why do we have to be subjected to their deep-seeded emotional pain and turmoil?

"deep-seeded" LOL! What a stooge.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"deep-seeded" LOL! What a stooge.

:) *seated*

I actually had a worse error in there that I caught and edited out, I won't tell you what it was for fear of being hit with an old-timey insult.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:) *seated*

I actually had a worse error in there that I caught and edited out, I won't tell you what it was for fear of being hit with an old-timey insult.

There is a third error in that post that you still haven't corrected. let's see how long it takes you to find it starting.......now.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read much support for why Kaep is better than RWill. It's more RWill not being that great in the pocket. In the pocket, out of the pocket, he makes plays. He has a high quick release with accuracy. Nobody runs to either side of the field and can throw like RWill. I know Kaep can't. He's Mr.Robotic going left with a hitch in his throwing motion.

RWill will prove doubters wrong. We heard we couldn't win on the road. How does 6 of 7 sound?

I would like to read why your fans think Kaep is better than RWill because my "eyes" say NOT, instead
of finding a "pocket" issue with RWilson.

Kaep strengths:

A Rocket arm, can squeeze passes into tight windows as well as any NFL QB, is a great athlete and is a dynamic runner. Good playmaker with a lot of upside.

Kaep weaknesses:

A bit skittish in the pocket if he can't find a quick read and there's any incoming pressure. If you force him to his left, he's very robotic and can't do anything but run with the ball. I'm not impressed with Kaep's touch at all. He loves the "heater" but needs big touch improvement. At this early juncture, I don't see the "it" factor, especially with a kick ass Offensive Line, Gore, VD and Boldin. Frankly, I'm not that impressed, sorry.

Russell Wilson strengths:

Composed, nothing seems to bother RWill, smooth. Is there anyone that can run to his left, square his shoulders and fire a bullet for a sideline completion? With the endzone view last night, RWill was on display. Tate torched Peterson twice on the sidelines while RWill was moving left, the window was dime size.

He's a 1st rate playmaker. Trouble coming? He rolls out and throws a beautiful touch pass to Rice for the TD. 3rd down and long? How about a bullet to Rice who made an incredible grap to keep the drive alive. The 3rd down toss to Zach Miller was freakish.

Great touch on his ball but can fire it, too. He has shown he can put a team on his back and his team can finally win on the road.

Russell Wilson weaknesses:

He want's to create something out of nothing too often when he should just chuck the ball out of bounds. He will when he sees the rush but his QB clock isn't always set. That issue can get him hurt because he's only 5'11" and pounding like that could be Marshall drilling Montana. Not pretty.
I'd lump his weakness into his judgment on 1 - 3 plays a game. There isn't much more that I can see with non-homer lenses that I see as weaknesses.

Ospreys, I don't think this thread was to argue who was better or who we would rather have. My point was that I don't think either qb is doing as well as they did last year, for whatever reason, and I was interested in 49er fans' opinions after having watched Wilson recently. I wasn't particularly interested in whether you or anyone else was "impressed" overall with either qb. It was more to this season so far, because Kaep has taken some criticism, justifiably so, but I've watched most of the Seahawk games and I think Wilson is getting more of a pass, and some people, even Hugh Millen on KJR have some critiques as well. As to your points, every single weakness you point to in Kaepernick just about was not there last year, he had touch on most of his passes, he was a very good leader -- he had to be to come back against Atlanta and nearly come back in the Super Bowl. Your points about his weapons is kind of silly, the 49ers were judged in ESPN to have the worst wide receivers in the division by far. It's already been pointed out to you that he has rolled to his left and thrown the ball. Again, I've enjoyed talking to Boogie and some other Seahawk fans because I think they've added thoughtful points about Wilson and I appreciate it, you've sort of made the conversation devolve into whether one qb is impressive or not. Try to stay on point.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a third error in that post that you still haven't corrected. let's see how long it takes you to find it starting.......now.

All I ask of you is that when you point it out, please don't call me a dullard, a dolt, an ignoramus, or a dunce. I don't think my fragile ego can take it.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I ask of you is that when you point it out, please don't call me a dullard, a dolt, an ignoramus, or a dunce. I don't think my fragile ego can take it.

Fair enough. I do love the word "dullard" though, especially when preceded by the words "pitchfork-wielding".

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wilson is far superior. More confident, more polished, more under control, more intelligent and better able to make the big play. Shows you that physical tools really don't mean a lot if you don't have the smarts to go along with them. I would equate Wilson more with Jim Zorn than Fran Tarkenton though.

I'm going to have to agree with this and I don't even think it's close. The regression of Kap is enormous. I guess everyone was right about holding off on opinions until other teams have game tape.

But even last year, I thought Wilson was better than Kap. I don't see much changing this year, but Kap definitely has the higher ceiling. The question is will he get close enough to it? I'm not sure.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to have to agree with this and I don't even think it's close. The regression of Kap is enormous. I guess everyone was right about holding off on opinions until other teams have game tape.

But even last year, I thought Wilson was better than Kap. I don't see much changing this year, but Kap definitely has the higher ceiling. The question is will he get close enough to it? I'm not sure.

I take it you're not watching the game going on right now?

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey whysies, congrats on the great game today, you KTA. Kaep is very good, and RW does have that 17 you talked about, joking.

Anyway, we are setting up for a great finish, and since the Seahawks CAN'T win on the road, this home field advantage is HUGE for us Hawks.

Go Hawks.:10:

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I am. He's playing great right now; reminds me of Alex Smith.

This is 49er football. Winning time of possession, being smart by limiting mistakes, running with Frank Gore, and great defense. Not forcing throws in the vertical game, and not making Kap the focus of the offense is the key to winning.

Look at the score. Kap is part of it, but barely the main reason.