• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson and Kaepernick

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to have to agree with this and I don't even think it's close. The regression of Kap is enormous. I guess everyone was right about holding off on opinions until other teams have game tape.

But even last year, I thought Wilson was better than Kap. I don't see much changing this year, but Kap definitely has the higher ceiling. The question is will he get close enough to it? I'm not sure.

He is playing better today but Wilson is better at this point.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey whysies, congrats on the great game today, you KTA. Kaep is very good, and RW does have that 17 you talked about, joking.

Anyway, we are setting up for a great finish, and since the Seahawks CAN'T win on the road, this home field advantage is HUGE for us Hawks.

Go Hawks.:10:

don't know about "huge", but does appear to be bigger than the 49ers?

its still early, but Seattle already seems to control their "play-off bye" destiny?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kaepernick's stat line against the Titans is exactly what I want to see from him. 13/21 for 199 yards. 9.5 yard average. High YPA, low total attempts. And a lot of running the ball.

I think the Niners are much more likely to win when this is what Kaep does versus him throwing the ball 35 times for 300 yards.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kaepernick's stat line against the Titans is exactly what I want to see from him. 13/21 for 199 yards. 9.5 yard average. High YPA, low total attempts. And a lot of running the ball.

I think the Niners are much more likely to win when this is what Kaep does versus him throwing the ball 35 times for 300 yards.

Kaep 10/16 for 164 yards today (10.1 YPA). I want to see more of this. Fewer attempts from Kaep; more running the ball.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaep 10/16 for 164 yards today (10.1 YPA). I want to see more of this. Fewer attempts from Kaep; more running the ball.

on one hand it is good to have the run game working, no question.

but how do you improve Kaep's passing game by throwing 14 and 16 times? if we expect to complete in the play-offs, obviously the passing game has to take a step up.....if not two? not asking to have a top passing offense, but i'd start to add more throws from here on. just 'a little at a time' so everyone on offense - not just Kaep - has more reps by end of season.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This just goes hand in hand with the way the Niners want to do when they have a lead. What happens when they're trailing big?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just goes hand in hand with the way the Niners want to do when they have a lead. What happens when they're trailing big?

When do they usually trail, "big?" They did in the Super Bowl and Kaep led them back. The Seahawks were constructed to beat the 49ers and have done that. When I see Kaep beat them, I'll be sold on us making another Super Bowl.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When do they usually trail, "big?" They did in the Super Bowl and Kaep led them back. The Seahawks were constructed to beat the 49ers and have done that. When I see Kaep beat them, I'll be sold on us making another Super Bowl.

They usually don't. The point is that Sickness doesn't want them to throw the ball alot. If the Niners are trailing then they'll have to rely on Kap's arm.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At least until they get their outside weapons back and healthy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall Kap is looking great right now in this offense.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

If they're trailing "big" late in the game then obviously they have to throw a lot. But even if they're trailing big in the first half I would hope they limit Kap's attempts & stick to the running game. The Niners will eventually beat up on a defense with big, nasty blockers (including their TEs) if they keep running the ball. Think more '90's Cowboys & less '90's 49ers.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If they're trailing "big" late in the game then obviously they have to throw a lot. But even if they're trailing big in the first half I would hope they limit Kap's attempts & stick to the running game. The Niners will eventually beat up on a defense with big, nasty blockers (including their TEs) if they keep running the ball. Think more '90's Cowboys & less '90's 49ers.

we MAY see this in three weeks, at New Orleans. obviously, I hope not but that game seems mostly likely hit this scenario?

regarding 'trailing big in the first half', depends on what is big? i'd think we each have our own definition of 'big'?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
on one hand it is good to have the run game working, no question.

but how do you improve Kaep's passing game by throwing 14 and 16 times? if we expect to complete in the play-offs, obviously the passing game has to take a step up.....if not two? not asking to have a top passing offense, but i'd start to add more throws from here on. just 'a little at a time' so everyone on offense - not just Kaep - has more reps by end of season.

Obviously that would be ideal, but he only threw the ball 21 times against Atlanta and we won that one. If the D and running game continue to click - particularly Kap's runnning - we can get by with low numbers of attempts. Especially if he's taking advantage of the few passes he throws.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we MAY see this in three weeks, at New Orleans. obviously, I hope not but that game seems mostly likely hit this scenario?

regarding 'trailing big in the first half', depends on what is big? i'd think we each have our own definition of 'big'?

Without a pass rush to speak of, they are going to have a tough time down there.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously that would be ideal, but he only threw the ball 21 times against Atlanta and we won that one. If the D and running game continue to click - particularly Kap's runnning - we can get by with low numbers of attempts. Especially if he's taking advantage of the few passes he throws.

That's just it though, the D is not clicking. The worst team in the league put together three drives in the 2nd half of 12, 16 and 14 plays and held the ball for the first 7 minutes of the 3rd quarter even though the drive died down by the 49er goal line. They can't get off the field with the league's worst team because they cannot generate a pass rush. They didn't even get a whiff of Chad Henne with that horrendous O Line the Jags have. If they do that against Seattle or New Orleans or even Atlanta they'll get beat.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Without a pass rush to speak of, they are going to have a tough time down there.

I think there's a fair chance Aldon will be back by then. And Tank may be rotating in some on passing downs. Our pass rush could look MUCH different in three weeks. Most of that hinges on getting back arguably the most dangerous pass rusher in the NFL today, though.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's a fair chance Aldon will be back by then. And Tank may be rotating in some on passing downs. Our pass rush could look MUCH different in three weeks. Most of that hinges on getting back arguably the most dangerous pass rusher in the NFL today, though.

Or they could use Bowman the way they did in the game that Willis missed. He was in the QBs face all day.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock is becoming one of the better CB in the league. Right now he has the best rate in football. Now to be honest he doesn't face teams #1s but overall its still good to no he is becoming a good CB. 1 problem he is about to become a FA.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's just it though, the D is not clicking. The worst team in the league put together three drives in the 2nd half of 12, 16 and 14 plays and held the ball for the first 7 minutes of the 3rd quarter even though the drive died down by the 49er goal line. They can't get off the field with the league's worst team because they cannot generate a pass rush. They didn't even get a whiff of Chad Henne with that horrendous O Line the Jags have. If they do that against Seattle or New Orleans or even Atlanta they'll get beat.

I think you're overstating it a bit. Winning by 25 points at half, after allowing 53 yards and no points in the first 27 minutes, and with backups rotating through pretty regularly, the Niners gave up a couple long drives that resulted in 10 total points. The lone TD came when Gore fumbled on our 28. The D scored the same amount of points as they allowed in the second half. I agree that the D wasn't totally and utterly dominant, but it's hardly time to freak out about a unit that has played well and gotten pretty good pressure even without Smith, who may very well be back in our next game. And hell, the Hawks allowed 17 points to that same Jags team, in Seattle.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Brock is becoming one of the better CB in the league. Right now he has the best rate in football. Now to be honest he doesn't face teams #1s but overall its still good to no he is becoming a good CB. 1 problem he is about to become a FA.

I wonder if that's still the case. He allowed a TD this week. That'll hurt his rating.