• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson and Kaepernick

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks a lot Purguy. Now I have to agree with Toby a third time.

But yeah, saying Kap is head and shoulders better than Wilson just means you're watching the games with homer colored glasses on. I agree that Wilson isn't special and I like Kap more (both now and going forward) but neither QB has played lights out this season and you could make a legitimate argument that Wilson has played better than Kap.

You're way overrating your guy and underrating their guy here.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But yeah, saying Kap is head and shoulders better than Wilson just means you're watching the games with homer colored glasses on. I agree that Wilson isn't special and I like Kap more (both now and going forward) but neither QB has played lights out this season and you could make a legitimate argument that Wilson has played better than Kap.

Kap has played a lot better then Wilson and in the last couple of games Kap has shown a lot more improvement. Like I said Wilson will be a good QB in this league but he isn't in the same sentence as Kap in Talent. Kap has already went to the superbowl and the things he is doing is crazy. I haven't seen one game where I was like wow Wilson is going to be awesome. Also against 3 bad teams Wilson has choked and the D had to win those games. Yes Kap has bad games who doesn't but I think its clear to say Kap is better and will be better.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But the one point I would agree with him on is that I would rather have Kaepernick than Wilson because I think WIlson may be closer to his ceiling now than Kaepernick is.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll said on the radio yesterday that Wilson made the wrong reads at the goal line when he ran the read option and kept the ball, so apparently he isn't always the football savant. Somewhat unusual that Carroll would say something like that on the radio -- he's like Harbaugh in that he usually doesn't say things like that about players to the press.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap has played a lot better then Wilson and in the last couple of games Kap has shown a lot more improvement. Like I said Wilson will be a good QB in this league but he isn't in the same sentence as Kap in Talent. Kap has already went to the superbowl and the things he is doing is crazy. I haven't seen one game where I was like wow Wilson is going to be awesome. Also against 3 bad teams Wilson has choked and the D had to win those games. Yes Kap has bad games who doesn't but I think its clear to say Kap is better and will be better.

You realize you only made two substantive points in an entire paragraph:

1. "Kap has already went to the superbowl" and

2. "against 3 bad teams Wilson has choked and the D had to win those games"

Everything else is you repeating over and over again that you think Kap is better. You sound like a guy who is desperate to make a point but has nothing to actually say.

And let's examine the two things you actually say:

The first point is laughable. It's not like it was Wilson's fault they lost the game against Atlanta. All he did was pass for 385, run for 60, and lead his team back from 21 down to take the lead with 30 seconds left. He did it on a day where his running back had 3 YPC. You can't call Wilson out for missing the Super Bowl when he was literally the best player on the field in the game they lost.

The second point is just factually wrong. Russell's had three games with bad stats. One was against Houston (where his rushing performance had 70 yards), one was against St. Louis (and by the way, he still had a 110 QB Rating, so this is also debatable), and one was against San Francisco. In the St. Louis and Houston games, he was hit 10 times in both games. Both would have featured more if he didn't manage to work his way out of the pocket. He committed one combined turnover. In other words, he did what a good QB does when his line is getting killed: he didn't turn the ball over, took advantage of his limited chances, and relied on his elite defense. That's not choking at all. As for San Fran, I don't think you would count them as a "bad team." Also, it's hard to see how he "choked" when there was no doubt about the winner for practically the entire fourth quarter.

So basically, your post was devoid of any valid information. Your entire post was opinion or lies. A reasonable person can think Kaepernick is better than Wilson, but a reasonable person can give reasons that aren't conclusory or false. Until you can, you should probably keep quiet.

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You realize you only made two substantive points in an entire paragraph:

1. "Kap has already went to the superbowl" and

2. "against 3 bad teams Wilson has choked and the D had to win those games"

Everything else is you repeating over and over again that you think Kap is better. You sound like a guy who is desperate to make a point but has nothing to actually say.

And let's examine the two things you actually say:

The first point is laughable. It's not like it was Wilson's fault they lost the game against Atlanta. All he did was pass for 385, run for 60, and lead his team back from 21 down to take the lead with 30 seconds left. He did it on a day where his running back had 3 YPC. You can't call Wilson out for missing the Super Bowl when he was literally the best player on the field in the game they lost.

The second point is just factually wrong. Russell's had three games with bad stats. One was against Houston (where his rushing performance had 70 yards), one was against St. Louis (and by the way, he still had a 110 QB Rating, so this is also debatable), and one was against San Francisco. In the St. Louis and Houston games, he was hit 10 times in both games. Both would have featured more if he didn't manage to work his way out of the pocket. He committed one combined turnover. In other words, he did what a good QB does when his line is getting killed: he didn't turn the ball over, took advantage of his limited chances, and relied on his elite defense. That's not choking at all. As for San Fran, I don't think you would count them as a "bad team." Also, it's hard to see how he "choked" when there was no doubt about the winner for practically the entire fourth quarter.

So basically, your post was devoid of any valid information. Your entire post was opinion or lies. A reasonable person can think Kaepernick is better than Wilson, but a reasonable person can give reasons that aren't conclusory or false. Until you can, you should probably keep quiet.

Yes im stating my opinion again. Also numbers don't lie. That's all I need. Also the eye test shows that kap has a better ceiling and has been playing better.

If you are starting a Team right now what is your top 5 QB you would pick.
1)Rogers
2)Ryan
3)Kap
4)Luck
5)James Winston (yes I know he isn't in the NFL but damn he is good) This is somewhat a joke but I would draft him if I had a team with the 1st pick.
6)Stafford
7)Wilson

3 and 4 are really 3A and 3B. Depend on what offense you want to run. Also Manning937), Brees(34) and Brady(36) are old and Im looking at future. Brees I might start a team with but not sure.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean numbers like how Wilson is 6th in the league in QB Rating (Kaep is 15th)? You mean numbers like how Wilson has the 2nd fewest picks of any QB with 200 passes? You mean numbers like how he is #2 in QB rushing yards? You mean numbers like how his team is 7-1? And he's done all of this without his #1 WR or both of his tackles?

You mean those numbers? Because I agree that they don't lie.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson: 125-205, 1,628 Yards, 61.0% Comp., 13 TDs, 4 Ints., 99.0 QB Rating, 339 Rushing Yards, 7-1
Kaep: 113-198, 1,584 Yards, 57.1% Comp., 9 TDs, 5 Ints., 87.6 QB Rating, 294 Rushing Yards, 6-2

In a vacuum, the numbers are equal or slightly favor Wilson. And if you consider circumstances, Wilson's numbers are much more impressive. Again, the numbers don't lie.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean numbers like how Wilson is 6th in the league in QB Rating (Kaep is 15th)? You mean numbers like how Wilson has the 2nd fewest picks of any QB with 200 passes? You mean numbers like how he is #2 in QB rushing yards? You mean numbers like how his team is 7-1? And he's done all of this without his #1 WR or both of his tackles?

You mean those numbers? Because I agree that they don't lie.

Nope talking about 47 yards in the 1st half against the Rams. Numbers like that. U are blind If you think Wilson looks better this year. Seattle should have 3 Ls this year because of Wilson. Thank god for your D. Had Trouble with Rams, Tenn and Houston. Those numbers is what im talking about.

Again I think Wilson will be a fine QB for the next couple of years but he has reached his ceiling already. If I had to pick I would pick Kap over Wilson every day of the week if I was building a team.

Let Wilson do something before your crown him. Win a division or go to the NFC Championship, Go to a Superbowl. Those are the numbers Im talking about.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's a Bears fan. Not sure why he is here but it's doubtful that he has a dog in this fight.

If you bring up numbers (and especially if you're talking about how they are playing now, aka this season) then you're going to get trounced in any argument. Wilson is statistically better than Kap, there is no denying that.

I'm all for saying Kap is better (I believe that as well) but you have to inject some objectivity into your analysis and not shoot your own argument in the foot before it even gets started.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's a Bears fan. Not sure why he is here but it's doubtful that he has a dog in this fight.

If you bring up numbers (and especially if you're talking about how they are playing now, aka this season) then you're going to get trounced in any argument. Wilson is statistically better than Kap, there is no denying that.

I'm all for saying Kap is better (I believe that as well) but you have to inject some objectivity into your analysis and not shoot your own argument in the foot before it even gets started.

He is an unabashed Wilson fan because Wilson is from the U of Wisconsin. His homer opinion is fucking worthless, he has now abandoned his bears and become a card carrying Seattle bandwagon fan.

If he had a choice between 3 Super Models and Wilson's dick, he'd take the dick.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an unabashed Wilson fan because Wilson is from the U of Wisconsin. His homer opinion is fucking worthless, he has now abandoned his bears and become a card carrying Seattle bandwagon fan.

If he had a choice between 3 Super Models and Wilson's dick, he'd take the dick.

Oh, I didn't know that (especially the dick part). I noticed the Wisconsin fandom but didn't make the connection.

Well, homerism aside I still don't think my bro's argument is very good

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look both QBs will be fine I just think Kap has shown a lot more this year. Yes he struggled in the beginning but as of late he has been awesome. Wilson doesn't have that wow factor.

Everyone has their own opinion and that is fine but I just think its an easy one and think after this last week this conversation should be over.

lets go 49ers.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson may be 5'10 but don't worry, he's actually built like someone who is 6'5. And his IQ is 2 trillion. And he runs a 3.98 forty in full pads. And he saves puppies from burning buildings. And he has a 17 inch penis.

Seahawks fans- please, stop. We are suspicious of him being a good long term starting QB because he's a little guy who struggles to throw from the pocket. There isn't a very long list of NFL QBs who have had success given those limitations so please understand why we have our suspicions. We think it's great that you are happy with your QB and this has nothing to do with Kaepernick at all. We are just assessing what we have seen on the field. And we are doing it on our board. No reason to get so bent out of shape that you have to ad hom our asses to death or come up with more excuses/lies to add to the living legend that is Russell Wilson. Just let his play speak for itself.

Every comment in this thread is you're little asinine remarks all the while people are having some QB talk,,if it is anyone that should stop is you.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every comment in this thread is you're little asinine remarks all the while people are having some QB talk,,if it is anyone that should stop is you.

*your*

I just defended your boy, y u mad brobro?

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*your*

I just defended your boy, y u mad brobro?

Not mad it is just the prior comments were very silly but yeah you're last one was fair which is good i just tire of some of the derailed posts,I admit i am guilty sometimes too,but hey..

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Look both QBs will be fine I just think Kap has shown a lot more this year. Yes he struggled in the beginning but as of late he has been awesome. Wilson doesn't have that wow factor.

Everyone has their own opinion and that is fine but I just think its an easy one and think after this last week this conversation should be over.

lets go 49ers.

this is close to my opinion too.......both QB's are fine granted both QB's aren't playing like last year. in fact, both are playing average at best.

obviously, Seahawk fans have to defend Wilson regardless and fine with me. i'm just glad we have Kaep cause as someone said, he seems to have a higher ceiling? i'll take that potential going forward over the stats Wilson has put up.

do not agree Kaep has shown a "lot" more this season. also don't agree this conversation will be over anytime soon.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its clear to me thats its over. As of late Kap has been a lot better for his team. Kap can carry a team like against GB in the playoffs or like in the Super Bowl where we were getting blown out and D was having trouble and he almost bailed him out. I havent seen Wilson really carry a team yet.

I do think both will be good but its clear Kap will be the better QB. That isn't a knock on Wilson. Montana was better then young but young was also a great QB.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well its clear to me thats its over. As of late Kap has been a lot better for his team. Kap can carry a team like against GB in the playoffs or like in the Super Bowl where we were getting blown out and D was having trouble and he almost bailed him out. I havent seen Wilson really carry a team yet.

I do think both will be good but its clear Kap will be the better QB. That isn't a knock on Wilson. Montana was better then young but young was also a great QB.
LOL

Yep, the moment your guy's team plays well enough to give him time to throw = it's over.

Incredible analysis on your part.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

your opinion on Kaep over Wilson is fine, no problem here. I don't feel Wilson is playing well either, but the fact they're in the West will continue the discussion.

last season while this board seemed to already anoint Kaep 'franchise', my feeling was give him more games first? granted, didn't see a reason why he wouldn't continue playing well, but alas he hasn't. he has shown good stuff in "spots", but overall this season my opinion is 'average'.

yes, Kaep HAS proven he can play well in the play-offs, certainly a positive for him. again, glad we have him over Wilson.