• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson and Kaepernick

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:)

Although you're a little late to the party, this joke has already been hit

Its you who is late. You probably can't even find my original joke in the original thread. My joke, yes, but the joke, it appears, is on you. So desperate to try and score a "point" you just end up looking like a fool...............again.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its you who is late. You probably can't even find my original joke in the original thread. My joke, yes, but the joke, it appears, is on you. So desperate to try and score a "point" you just end up looking like a fool...............again.

:)

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A QB shows there true colors when things are going bad.

IMO, the best performance that I've seen from Aaron Rodgers was not a 400 yard - 4 TD day. It was when he played in Seattle last year and even though he was getting the shit kicked out of him and not getting any of the big plays that they're used to, he stayed tough and kept chipping away and didn't turn the ball over even under immense pressure.

I didn't feel as impressed with Wilson the other night, but I did love how when nothing was working (running game, protection) yet he stayed tough and did enough to win by putting the ball in the endzone and not turning it over.

Just a little bit ironic that you used that phrase since neither of his TD passes actually crossed the plane in the air. And the second one was a poor throw that probably should have been picked, certainly shouldn't have been completed absent a great adjustment by the WR, and absolutely should not have been a TD.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a little bit ironic that you used that phrase since neither of his TD passes actually crossed the plane in the air. And the second one was a poor throw that probably should have been picked, certainly shouldn't have been completed absent a great adjustment by the WR, and absolutely should not have been a TD.

Oh, take them off the board them. Wilson only makes Lucky plays.

And that fine performance of Rodgers that I was talking about? 0 TDs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Oh, take them off the board them. Wilson only makes Lucky plays.

And that fine performance of Rodgers that I was talking about? 0 TDs.

I just thought it was funny given the phrase you used.

The first play to Tate was a good one. Nice throw to hit him in stride, after setting the play up with a nice run. The second one, frankly, should not be credited to Wilson. It was a bad throw, and only a mistake/mishap by the DB and a pretty good play by the WR led to a catch, much less a TD. There was a lot of luck involved in that play resulting in a TD. Look, Wilson is a good QB in a tough situation. But he played pretty poorly on Monday, and his team won in spite of him, not because of him.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just thought it was funny given the phrase you used.

The first play to Tate was a good one. Nice throw to hit him in stride, after setting the play up with a nice run. The second one, frankly, should not be credited to Wilson. It was a bad throw, and only a mistake/mishap by the DB and a pretty good play by the WR led to a catch, much less a TD. There was a lot of luck involved in that play resulting in a TD. Look, Wilson is a good QB in a tough situation. But he played pretty poorly on Monday, and his team won in spite of him, not because of him.

Thats what I want.

The offense played poor as shit, but he stayed tough and did enough to win. If he would have turned the ball over à couple times and they still somehow won (which I doubt they would have) then I would agree that they won in spite or him. But I think they won in spite of the blocking and playcalling.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thats what I want.

The offense played poor as shit, but he stayed tough and did enough to win. If he would have turned the ball over à couple times and they still somehow won (which I doubt they would have) then I would agree that they won in spite or him. But I think they won in spite of the blocking and playcalling.

It's a minor difference as I see it. I think the second Tate TD was more likely to be an INT than a TD when it was thrown. The fact that it was a TD had little to do with Wilson. Saying they won in spite of him might be a bit strong, but just a bit. If we don't credit him for the second TD, he did virtually nothing in this game. 9 of 17 for 59 yards and a TD, and 16 yards rushing. Kellen Clemens did more for the Hawks than Wilson did, and it isn't close.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a minor difference as I see it. I think the second Tate TD was more likely to be an INT than a TD when it was thrown. The fact that it was a TD had little to do with Wilson. Saying they won in spite of him might be a bit strong, but just a bit. If we don't credit him for the second TD, he did virtually nothing in this game. 9 of 17 for 59 yards and a TD, and 16 yards rushing. Kellen Clemens did more for the Hawks than Wilson did, and it isn't close.

The throw was absolutely more likely to be a TD than an interception. Jenkins was clearly beat. Russell could (and should) have thrown it further, but you are asking Jenkins to do three things at once: 1. Keep running full speed ahead to catch Tate, 2. Look back to locate the ball, and 3. Still keep his eyes on Tate to prevent him from making a proper adjustment.

It's impossible to do all three. He may have been able to do two, which would have forced an incompletion (but not gotten an interception). As it stands, he did one (running full speed ahead to catch Tate). I don't know if that was a more likely outcome than an incompletion, but I sure as hell know it was a more likely outcome than a Jenkins INT.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The throw was absolutely more likely to be a TD than an interception. Jenkins was clearly beat. Russell could (and should) have thrown it further, but you are asking Jenkins to do three things at once: 1. Keep running full speed ahead to catch Tate, 2. Look back to locate the ball, and 3. Still keep his eyes on Tate to prevent him from making a proper adjustment.

It's impossible to do all three. He may have been able to do two, which would have forced an incompletion (but not gotten an interception). As it stands, he did one (running full speed ahead to catch Tate). I don't know if that was a more likely outcome than an incompletion, but I sure as hell know it was a more likely outcome than a Jenkins INT.

The only thing that Wilson did well was identify the open man. He then underthrew him by several yards. Even slipping, the ball cleared Jenkins' hand by couple of inches at best. It should have been an incompletion. You are correct that an INT would have been unlikely, but so was a TD given that throw.

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tate made a great play on the ball. It could have went either way.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Tate was open. He beat Jenkins. Wilson badly under threw the ball. That's why it would have, and should have if Jenkins didn't slip, been picked off. That's the point here. Wilson played bad. All QBs have bad games. Nothing new.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what I want.

He didn't do enough to win the Defense won the game. Rams score there its over. If the D didn't hold them to FGs its over.