• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson and Kaepernick

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't think he's uncomfortable in the pocket, I think maybe there are times he might hang onto the ball a little too long checking down so that's one area he needs to grow a little... He's good at extending play's when he does sense the pressure... One BIG mistake he did make in that Cards game is running right before halftime when we were in field goal range with NO time-outs on 3rd down... The holding penalty basically saved us 3 points because time would a ran out... He needed to just throw that ball away if nothing was there and save the field goal attempt .. That to me was the biggest mistake he made all night mentally.. The sacks I'll give to the Cards because they did a good job applying pressure and I think coverage downfield was good ...

The games I've seen him in I felt he was uncomfortable in the pocket.

Now I don't mean rattled in the pocket because there is a difference but just that sense that he would rather be outside rolling out with the option to run or pass than standing in there going through progressions. That doesn't mean he can't or doesn't pass from the pocket it's just that he's not completely comfortable doing it.

And the same thing applies to Kaepernick as well.

Which right now is fine for both QBs with the number of games under their belt. Standing in and throwing from the pocket is one of the toughest things to do for a QB and it's even tougher to get young athletic guys to get comfortable with it since they are so used to using their athleticism to make plays.

Both Wilson and Kap just need in game experience and both guys work tremendously hard at their crafts so I don't see either one being a Vince Young who could never grow as a QB and always stayed as a running QB.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
///

That's wishful thinking on your part.

I'll leave you guys alone though. You seem to be mostly classy and I'll respect your board.

That didn't last very long, lol @ Trolls.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's uncomfortable in the pocket, I think maybe there are times he might hang onto the ball a little too long checking down so that's one area he needs to grow a little... He's good at extending play's when he does sense the pressure... One BIG mistake he did make in that Cards game is running right before halftime when we were in field goal range with NO time-outs on 3rd down... The holding penalty basically saved us 3 points because time would a ran out... He needed to just throw that ball away if nothing was there and save the field goal attempt .. That to me was the biggest mistake he made all night mentally.. The sacks I'll give to the Cards because they did a good job applying pressure and I think coverage downfield was good ...

Maybe uncomfortable is the wrong word, he's better outside of the pocket than in the pocket, even when the pocket is good. And no one is saying Wilson or kaep are bad, just that both have regressed.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, if you don't want Seahawks fans on your board then don't start threads with "Russell Wilson" in the title. And I've been mostly civil and trying to give an informed opinion. I just don't like people basically saying I'm a delusional homer when that's not the case.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH MAN ... Trust me I watch every Seattle game and losing Okung and Breno and then Unger was not just O-lineman it was OUR BEST O-lineman... The pressure has been ridiculous.. As far as smarts Wilson has one massive intangible... HE NEVER GET'S RATTLED... Even with our line playing like @#^ the guy just stay's focused and NEVER changes his mental attitude no matter what the situation is.. He just makes play's and never get's high or low...

Oh gawd. You might want to watch the Texans game. He was rattled. Against the Colts, DEFINITELY rattled.

Wilson is a tough QB, and I am not taking that away from him, but NEVER RATTLED? The seahawks board is a better place for that kind of over glorification.

Last edited by a moderator:

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you don't want Seahawks fans on your board then don't start threads with "Russell Wilson" in the title. And I've been mostly civil and trying to give an informed opinion. I just don't like people basically saying I'm a delusional homer when that's not the case.

Really dude, coming on the niner board and telling us what we can and can't talk about?

You seahawk fans are really full of yourselves aren't you?

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are a delusional homer and you're not giving an informed opinion. Did you really say that Russel Wilson cannot be rattled? LOL. Yep, sure is an informed opinion there and not the rantings of a delusional homer. If you don't like people calling you out on your stupidity, don't be stupid.

Check off another ESPN Seatroll living by ESPN TROLLING rules. Mention my team and I SPAM YOUR BOARD!!!! argggghhghghghg :lol:

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really dude, coming on the niner board and telling us what we can and can't talk about?

You seahawk fans are really full of yourselves aren't you?

I'm not telling you what you can or can't post about. I'm saying that you can probably expect Seahawks fans to chime in when someone starts a thread about Russell Wilson. You honestly can't recognize the difference?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe uncomfortable is the wrong word, he's better outside of the pocket than in the pocket, even when the pocket is good. And no one is saying Wilson or kaep are bad, just that both have regressed.
I'm sure Wilson would prefer to be outside of the pocket. His size isn't brought up as much anymore, but there is no doubt he has better down field vision away from the line and he has a lot more experience out there than standing in the pocket. He does need to develop more in that area to be sure. That is where Luck has the edge on the other 'young' QB's. He spent more time in the pocket at Stanford.
How is what you quoted trolling? If your definition of trolling is any poster not a fan of your team on this board then you have issues. There are several regular SF posters on the Seahawks board and we welcome their views.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a delusional homer and you're not giving an informed opinion. Did you really say that Russel Wilson cannot be rattled? LOL. Yep, sure is an informed opinion there and not the rantings of a delusional homer. If you don't like people calling you out on your stupidity, don't be stupid.

Check off another ESPN Seatroll living by ESPN TROLLING rules. Mention my team and I SPAM YOUR BOARD!!!! argggghhghghghg :lol:
Rattled is checking out on the sidelines and basically giving up. Wilson doesn't do that.

But I will take off now. It seems like 90% of the posters here are cool and there's no reason for this board to degrade into ESPN message board the sequel. Like I said, if you don't want Seahawks posters on your board then don't start threads about Russell Wilson. If you're ok with it then fire away and don't call posters trolls for chiming in about their starting QB. Not a tough concept.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not telling you what you can or can't post about. I'm saying that you can probably expect Seahawks fans to chime in when someone starts a thread about Russell Wilson. You honestly can't recognize the difference?

Well you should expect to get banned if you can't allow the fanbase of another team to have a conversation on their team board about the two best QB's in their division without trolling it.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rattled is checking out on the sidelines and basically giving up. Wilson doesn't do that.

But I will take off now. It seems like 90% of the posters here are cool and there's no reason for this board to degrade into ESPN message board the sequel. Like I said, if you don't want Seahawks posters on your board then don't start threads about Russell Wilson. If you're ok with it then fire away and don't call posters trolls for chiming in about their starting QB. Not a tough concept.

Heard that lie before... by every Seatroll.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew we'd get some seahawk fans on this thread, and that's fine. I was mainly interested in 49er fan opinions because they've seen a lot of kaep and I think they're more objective about kaep than seahawkfans are about Wilson.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is what you quoted trolling? If your definition of trolling is any poster not a fan of your team on this board then you have issues. There are several regular SF posters on the Seahawks board and we welcome their views.

Another moron? Or another Troll?

Let me ask you something dude. Do you think everyone lives in a bubble? Do you think we cannot read the bullshit posters like you put up on the main forum? The pure stupidity based on hatred and jealousy of the 49ers and their fans mixed in with the fully biased opinion of a Seahawks homer. It is right there in the open for the world to see.

Anyone with half a brain can see where you Seahawk fans stand. Nothing wrong with that at all, fans in your position should feel the way you do. I'm not lecturing you on that at all, I dislike the Packers about as much as you do the 49ers. So, I get it.

So back to my question. Are you a moron or a troll?

Moron: Someone who actually believes that he can make his beliefs and feelings on the 49ers well known outside of this board. None of it balanced with rational thinking or clear objectivity. Then descend on this board whenever he sees fit to chime in on a topic and be taken seriously as a good poster.

Troll: A fool who thinks he is clever enough to "back off" on his hatred and spam a board without anyone actually catching wind of his hatred for the team and its fanbase. Someone playing "within the rules".

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read much support for why Kaep is better than RWill. It's more RWill not being that great in the pocket. In the pocket, out of the pocket, he makes plays. He has a high quick release with accuracy. Nobody runs to either side of the field and can throw like RWill. I know Kaep can't. He's Mr.Robotic going left with a hitch in his throwing motion.

RWill will prove doubters wrong. We heard we couldn't win on the road. How does 6 of 7 sound?

I would like to read why your fans think Kaep is better than RWill because my "eyes" say NOT, instead
of finding a "pocket" issue with RWilson.

Kaep strengths:

A Rocket arm, can squeeze passes into tight windows as well as any NFL QB, is a great athlete and is a dynamic runner. Good playmaker with a lot of upside.

Kaep weaknesses:

A bit skittish in the pocket if he can't find a quick read and there's any incoming pressure. If you force him to his left, he's very robotic and can't do anything but run with the ball. I'm not impressed with Kaep's touch at all. He loves the "heater" but needs big touch improvement. At this early juncture, I don't see the "it" factor, especially with a kick ass Offensive Line, Gore, VD and Boldin. Frankly, I'm not that impressed, sorry.

Russell Wilson strengths:

Composed, nothing seems to bother RWill, smooth. Is there anyone that can run to his left, square his shoulders and fire a bullet for a sideline completion? With the endzone view last night, RWill was on display. Tate torched Peterson twice on the sidelines while RWill was moving left, the window was dime size.

He's a 1st rate playmaker. Trouble coming? He rolls out and throws a beautiful touch pass to Rice for the TD. 3rd down and long? How about a bullet to Rice who made an incredible grap to keep the drive alive. The 3rd down toss to Zach Miller was freakish.

Great touch on his ball but can fire it, too. He has shown he can put a team on his back and his team can finally win on the road.

Russell Wilson weaknesses:

He want's to create something out of nothing too often when he should just chuck the ball out of bounds. He will when he sees the rush but his QB clock isn't always set. That issue can get him hurt because he's only 5'11" and pounding like that could be Marshall drilling Montana. Not pretty.
I'd lump his weakness into his judgment on 1 - 3 plays a game. There isn't much more that I can see with non-homer lenses that I see as weaknesses.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another moron? Or another Troll?

Let me ask you something dude. Do you think everyone lives in a bubble? Do you think we cannot read the bullshit posters like you put up on the main forum? The pure stupidity based on hatred and jealousy of the 49ers and their fans mixed in with the fully biased opinion of a Seahawks homer. It is right there in the open for the world to see.

Anyone with half a brain can see where you Seahawk fans stand. Nothing wrong with that at all, fans in your position should feel the way you do. I'm not lecturing you on that at all, I dislike the Packers about as much as you do the 49ers. So, I get it.

So back to my question. Are you a moron or a troll?

Moron: Someone who actually believes that he can make his beliefs and feelings on the 49ers well known outside of this board. None of it balanced with rational thinking or clear objectivity. Then descend on this board whenever he sees fit to chime in on a topic and be taken seriously as a good poster.

Troll: A fool who thinks he is clever enough to "back off" on his hatred and spam a board without anyone actually catching wind of his hatred for the team and its fanbase. Someone playing "within the rules".
You can't show me an example of my trolling on this board. You can't. Never happened. This notion that if I have ever trolled anyone anywhere then I'm only going by the rules to soft troll is just ludicrous. Most of your own base that have read what I have posted will tell you I don't troll your fans outside of breaker on the big board. I defend your fans on the seahawks board and have had many great conversations with them.

So who is it with the problem? Take a good hard look in the mirror.

I asked a legitimate question. How is anything in
That's wishful thinking on your part.
I'll leave you guys alone though. You seem to be mostly classy and I'll respect your board.
an example of trolling? It isn't. I admit I haven't read much of your postings, but all I've seen over several pages here is a paranoid rant about seattle fans. Your calling me a troll just shows how little you know about any of our base. Outside of maybe Harold I doubt there is anyone less likely to be accused of it.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh gawd. You might want to watch the Texans game. He was rattled. Against the Colts, DEFINITELY rattled.

Wilson is a tough QB, and I am not taking that away from him, but NEVER RATTLED? The seahawks board is a better place for that kind of over glorification.

He wasn't rattled he was under more pressure than any qb has face all year long with half our offensive line OUT that game vs the best D front in football... and he gave us a chance to win and we did win... 98 yard drive in the 4th quarter that got us within a touchdown and then in OT drove us down and got us in field goal range... That was probably the toughest circumstances a qb can face and he did NOT get rattled he just balled and gave us a chance.. This isn't glorification it's a fact ...

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both guy's are young and will improve with experience.. It's never easy out there... One thing I like so far this year about Wilson is his arm strength has improved as a pro...He's putting allot more velocity on the ball this year compared to last... I don't think Wilson has regressed at all truthfully.. I haven't seen enough of Kap this year to say otherwise... But watching every snap from Wilson I think he's improving his command with the offense ...

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I haven't read much support for why Kaep is better than RWill. It's more RWill not being that great in the pocket. In the pocket, out of the pocket, he makes plays. He has a high quick release with accuracy. Nobody runs to either side of the field and can throw like RWill. I know Kaep can't. He's Mr.Robotic going left with a hitch in his throwing motion.

I don't speak for everyone but most here would agree that right now Wilson is playing better than Kap which is why you don't see a lot of support for it right now.

The only notion I personally dispute is the one where the gap between the two is big. I believe Wilson is playing better than Kap right now but both QBs have seen a fair share of highlights and lowlights so this season and I don't think the gap is that wide.

When it comes to what QB you want 5 years from now the debate is still open. Kaepernick could become the next Flacco being wildly inconsistent from game to game and Wilson could be just Doug Flutie 2.0 for all we know.

I believe both QBs have the potential to be great and are going through typical young QB growing pains that fans in "what are you doing for me this instant" mindset don't have patience for.

We live an a world where Peyton, Rodgers, Brees, and Brady can all be great QBs so there is no reason that the young guns like Luck, Wilson, RGIII, and Kap can't be all great together as well.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't show me an example of my trolling on this board. You can't. Never happened. This notion that if I have ever trolled anyone anywhere then I'm only going by the rules to soft troll is just ludicrous. Most of your own base that have read what I have posted will tell you I don't troll your fans outside of breaker on the big board. I defend your fans on the seahawks board and have had many great conversations with them.

So who is it with the problem? Take a good hard look in the mirror.

I asked a legitimate question. How is anything in

an example of trolling? It isn't. I admit I haven't read much of your postings, but all I've seen over several pages here is a paranoid rant about seattle fans. Your calling me a troll just shows how little you know about any of our base. Outside of maybe Harold I doubt there is anyone less likely to be accused of it.

So, Moron it is... probably not the route I would have gone, but to each his own.

Look in the mirror?

This is a 49ers forum for 49ers fans. Who is the one posting on his team's forum and who is the one being overcome by an irresistible need to post homeristic fairweather fan drivel on the forum of a team he hates with a fanbase that he often disparages with terms like Forty-Whiners?

Robotic Dreams already said it best in this thread. This is a Troll's Dream!!! Which is exactly why every SeaTroll, including yourself, descended on it with the wrath of a 12 year old girl who won't allow anything negative to be said about her crush. "You start a thread about Wilson you better expect me to respond!!" ha ha, you guys kill me.

Anyways Troll, keep on imagining that nobody can possibly read the homeristic fairweather fan drivel you post about the 49ers and their fans on other forums and then come here expecting to be taken seriously and be seen as anything less than a troll. Keep thinking you're different from Breaker. You're the exact same thing, but as a Seahawks fan.