• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson and Kaepernick

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:LThis thread will go on and on and on. Also will be rebumped after every game.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that book smarts don't matter all that much. That's why I was careful to qualify that Wilson seems to have greater on-field smarts at this time. But I've seen several reporters, including I believe Terry Blount, talking about Wilson as if he's some genius off the field. That's demonstrably false. And I don't think Kap gets nearly enough credit for his intelligence.

This year I agree Wilson has been somewhat better.

You are basing RW's overall intelligence on what? How are YOU determining how smart or not smart RW actually is? GPA, Wonderlic, Conversations YOU have had with RW, What others say? Please share.

Same with Kaep.

I'd like to hear your insight on this.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_m6726uRLwl1qb8pdro1_500.gif

Edit: I can't believe you even said that nonsense. Do you call him "DangerRuss" as well? He is a scrappy little QB and annoys me to no end. Lets leave the childish little analogy's to Seahawk fans.

Maybe I missed the sarcasm...:noidea:

If so, my bad.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You are basing RW's overall intelligence on what? How are YOU determining how smart or not smart RW actually is? GPA, Wonderlic, Conversations YOU have had with RW, What others say? Please share.

Same with Kaep.

I'd like to hear your insight on this.

Wonderlic. That's the only objective gauge I have. Wilson did fine with a 28, above average for the general population and among NFL players. But he wasn't close to "genius" status. Kaepernick scored considerably higher with a 37.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I missed the sarcasm...:noidea:

If so, my bad.

I know people say "sarcasm iz hard on internets" but not sure how you missed it.

The pro-Wilson camp is generally ridiculous beyond belief. If you question him in the slightest, you are met with ad homs, wild exaggerations, and outright lies that defy rational thought. They either don't watch the games or are watching them through neon green colored glasses. I don't get it.

Just judge the actual guy for his actual play on the actual field.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wonderlic. That's the only objective gauge I have. Wilson did fine with a 28, above average for the general population and among NFL players. But he wasn't close to "genius" status. Kaepernick scored considerably higher with a 37.

Drew Brees and Peyton Manning scored 28s. I'll take the dummy.

Honestly, I think the smart-dumb argument it is pretty stupid. But from just watching them play, I think that Wilson generally makes better decisions while remaining aggressive.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Both have struggled when it comes to the pocket but the big difference is Wilson has been way better with his legs.

Neither QB has been all that impressive when it comes to standing in the pocket and making throws from there. Both QBs look uncomfortable there at the moment.

For Wilson I believe that's where the height plays a factor because it just seemed like if you can muck up his passing lanes he gets uncomfortable and wants the leave the pocket and if you contain him in there he struggles a lot.

Of course part of that is due to his offensive line but he still seems to just plain not like being in the pocket and prefers to scramble around before either running or deciding to pass the ball.

Kap's problem is the quality and familiarity with his weapons. Davis is really the only guy he had prior experience with before the season started and Boldin is really the only WR he can depend on. The issue is Davis is the only guy that scares defenses. Boldin is great but he's best when he's outfighting people for the ball so you're not going to really worry about being able to cover him like Davis. Wilson doesn't have an outstanding corp of guys himself but there is some familiarity there and I think he has more guys that he can throw to than Kap.

To me both guys have the "IT" factor, highly intelligent, hard working, and off the charts intangibles.

Both QBs just need experience and keep working at getting better.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know people say "sarcasm iz hard on internets" but not sure how you missed it.

The pro-Wilson camp is generally ridiculous beyond belief. If you question him in the slightest, you are met with ad homs, wild exaggerations, and outright lies that defy rational thought. They either don't watch the games or are watching them through neon green colored glasses. I don't get it.

Honestly, I hadn't gone through the whole thread. I haven't seen you post much, so it's pretty easy to do. I agree, these sorts of threads are a trolls dream. Let them make their statement on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson has looked way more impressive than Kaepernick imo. Wilson has been playing behind one of the worst O lines in the league (due to multiple injuries) and an average WR core (until Percy Harvin comes back). The fact that he still has a passer rating close to 100 is amazing. There might be less than 10 guys in the world that can do that.

You act like the Niners are throwing out pro bowl receivers every week. Boldin looks great until he plays a good corner and then he can't get open. He has a hobbled Davis. The weapons are about equal right now.

That being said, I think Russel has been playing a little better this year. He seems more confident and natural out there right now. I am not sure what is up with Kap, but he doesn't look comfortable right now. Neither is playing great though in my opinion. They are just doing what they need to, to win with good teams around them.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Drew Brees and Peyton Manning scored 28s. I'll take the dummy.

Honestly, I think the smart-dumb argument it is pretty stupid. But from just watching them play, I think that Wilson generally makes better decisions while remaining aggressive.

I don't disagree. But I have seen more than one guy who covers Seattle saying things like, "Russell Wilson is brilliant. If he weren't playing football, he could do anything. He'd be the President." Those sorts of statements are ridiculous.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree. But I have seen more than one guy who covers Seattle saying things like, "Russell Wilson is brilliant. If he weren't playing football, he could do anything. He'd be the President." Those sorts of statements are ridiculous.

gag.gif

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither have been very good this season. Both have problems seeing the field and the plays developing.

I'm a Redskins fan and RG3 is in the same boat.

Hell, even Luck isn't that impressive.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, they can get a bit carried away.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Haha! Sounds like what you get with some of the religious nuts down in Texas when discussing Christianity.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck both of them, I'll take Andy Dalton.

But all jokes aside now, I'll take Wilson over Kaep. I think he is just more talented. Kaep is a physical specimen with a cannon arm, but he doesn't have the touch required to be a QB right now. That can change, but at the moment I'm taking Wilson. The first TD throw to Rice was beautiful. He jumped and threw while turning and hit Rice perfectly probably 45 yards down field. Kaep has maybe the strongest arm in the league, but Wilson has a cannon himself too.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they both look how they looked last year. I could see one or both of them taking a career step forward in the post season though.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! Sounds like what you get with some of the religious nuts down in Texas when discussing Christianity.

True, you get that with religious nuts of all religions in all places.

But this is kind of a weird ad hom in and of itself considering its coming from someone who comes from the worst state in the union. Arizona is a grim amalgam of all that is wrong with both Texas and Los Angeles.

Good luck down there my friend.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, you get that with religious nuts of all religions in all places.

But this is kind of a weird ad hom in and of itself considering its coming from someone who comes from the worst state in the union. Arizona is a grim amalgam of all that is wrong with both Texas and Los Angeles.

Good luck down there my friend.

LOL!

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Both will step up when the time comes. Both teams will be in the playoffs.