• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Russell Wilson and Kaepernick

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wilson did make a couple of nice throws last night. And his ability to ad lib and make plays under pressure is really, really impressive......the play he made where he was being tackled and got the ball out with his knee about 1 inch from the ground was incredible. Kap is much more robotic in these situations.

But he still comes off to me like a running back that can throw....and I don't mean that as an insult, just that his instincts running the ball are very impressive, and he has RB size and speed. He has nothing like Kap's ability to make passes when his head is right and offense is clicking. And Kap, once he hits the open field, is just a more *dangerous* runner. I still take Kap over him, and its not all that difficult a question.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson did make a couple of nice throws last night. And his ability to ad lib and make plays under pressure is really, really impressive......the play he made where he was being tackled and got the ball out with his knee about 1 inch from the ground was incredible. Kap is much more robotic in these situations.

But he still comes off to me like a running back that can throw....and I don't mean that as an insult, just that his instincts running the ball are very impressive, and he has RB size and speed. He has nothing like Kap's ability to make passes when his head is right and offense is clicking. And Kap, once he hits the open field, is just a more *dangerous* runner. I still take Kap over him, and its not all that difficult a question.

The thing about Wilson is that it seems like most of his big plays come from him improvising AFTER he was flushed out of his pocket and initial stance. Not to take anything away from that because he's been impressive, but you gotta wonder how long that's gonna last.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing about Wilson is that it seems like most of his big plays come from him improvising AFTER he was flushed out of his pocket and initial stance. Not to take anything away from that because he's been impressive, but you gotta wonder how long that's gonna last.
This. He has good reads to his targets(seeing the field well) and good focus out of the pocket. It's hard to get a feel on how good he will be if he is scrambling all of the time or how long he will stay healthy.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having seen most of the Seahawk games this year, and most of the 49er games, I'm interested in what people think of Wilson v. Kaepernick so far this year. I personally don't think that either qb is doing tremendously well, last night Wilson had 3 tds, but also lost 2 fumbles from not sensing the pressure. I was also listening to Hugh Millen on the radio yesterday and he said that the Seahawk receivers have some brief open windows, but Wilson isn't getting it to them, whether because Carroll has drilled the no turnover thing into his head, or arm strength confidence or whatever (to be fair, of all the Seattle radio personalities, Hugh Millen is probably the most critical of Wilson). Anyway, we've all critiqued Kaepernick's inability to spot the open guy, making the wrong decision (running or not running), and while I think that Wilson has a great Fran Tarkenton like ability to scramble and make a play (better than Kaepernick), I'm not sure outside of that he's doing so much better.

Thoughts?

Wilson has played allot of games this year behind a sub-par O-line because of injuries... We've had 3 of our best starters out at times which would kill most offenses... He's had to improvise allot when play's break down because of pressure.. Also I wouldn't question Wilson's arm strength... He's got a cannon...

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think hes overrated and over paid he might not be a seahawk very long

every damn game I watch of the Seahawks, this guy is always making big plays and extremely tough plays that not many other receivers can make. A lot of times these plays seem to be in critical situations. He doesn't put up the numbers like everyone always likes but if you guys lose him, you are definitely going to miss him.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having seen most of the Seahawk games this year, and most of the 49er games, I'm interested in what people think of Wilson v. Kaepernick so far this year. I personally don't think that either qb is doing tremendously well, last night Wilson had 3 tds, but also lost 2 fumbles from not sensing the pressure. I was also listening to Hugh Millen on the radio yesterday and he said that the Seahawk receivers have some brief open windows, but Wilson isn't getting it to them, whether because Carroll has drilled the no turnover thing into his head, or arm strength confidence or whatever (to be fair, of all the Seattle radio personalities, Hugh Millen is probably the most critical of Wilson). Anyway, we've all critiqued Kaepernick's inability to spot the open guy, making the wrong decision (running or not running), and while I think that Wilson has a great Fran Tarkenton like ability to scramble and make a play (better than Kaepernick), I'm not sure outside of that he's doing so much better.

Thoughts?

Being a non-homer ( see my July 7th write on Corey Lemonier as a steal of the draft for your 9er's) With that being said:

Kaep strengths:

A Rocket arm, can squeeze passes into tight windows as well as any NFL QB, is a great athlete and is a dynamic runner. Good playmaker with a lot of upside.

Kaep weaknesses:

A bit skittish in the pocket if he can't find a quick read and there's any incoming pressure. If you force him to his left, he's very robotic and can't do anything but run with the ball. I'm not impressed with Kaep's touch at all. He loves the "heater" but needs big touch improvement. At this early juncture, I don't see the "it" factor, especially with a kick ass Offensive Line, Gore, VD and Boldin. Frankly, I'm not that impressed, sorry.

Russell Wilson strengths:

Composed, nothing seems to bother RWill, smooth. Is there anyone that can run to his left, square his shoulders and fire a bullet for a sideline completion? With the endzone view last night, RWill was on display. Tate torched Peterson twice on the sidelines while RWill was moving left, the window was dime size.

He's a 1st rate playmaker. Trouble coming? He rolls out and throws a beautiful touch pass to Rice for the TD. 3rd down and long? How about a bullet to Rice who made an incredible grap to keep the drive alive. The 3rd down toss to Zach Miller was freakish.

Great touch on his ball but can fire it, too. He has shown he can put a team on his back and his team can finally win on the road.

Russell Wilson weaknesses:

He want's to create something out of nothing too often when he should just chuck the ball out of bounds. He will when he sees the rush but his QB clock isn't always set. That issue can get him hurt because he's only 5'11" and pounding like that could be Marshall drilling Montana. Not pretty.
I'd lump his weakness into his judgment on 1 - 3 plays a game. There isn't much more that I can see with non-homer lenses that I see as weaknesses.

One area that needs mentioning is that the Hawks' OT's are Mr. Magoo and Scooby Doo trying to protect him. With those characters, it's difficult for RWill to trust standing in the pocket. Heck, he is safer rolling out and playing pitch and catch. This whole must be a pocket passer is for the guys listening to ESPN too often and not disecting the game.

Kaep has two pillars protecting his outside in Staley and AD. :nod: Add in Iupati and the OL difference right now with our pro-bowl LT being out and an o.k RT is comparing apples to oranges.

There is no doubt that RWilson does MORE with less than Kaep and the gap towards Wilson being an elite QB vs Kaep is widening.

You like yours but under no circumstance would I want Kaep running our O vs RWilson and it's not that close. :clap:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's ahead of Kap right now. Wilson just seems to have a knack for making the play and is playing very confidently. Hopefully, we can get Kap to that point. The only other thing I think I see is that Wilson has a quicker release. Kap's got a little bit of a hitch in his delivery. It's good that Kap has a cannon because the velocity he can put on his passes somewhat makes up for this.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has played allot of games this year behind a sub-par O-line because of injuries... We've had 3 of our best starters out at times which would kill most offenses... He's had to improvise allot when play's break down because of pressure.. Also I wouldn't question Wilson's arm strength... He's got a cannon...

And he can change directions in mid air!

You've convinced me, I take back everything I've said. Wilson is a phenomonal QB, a physical specimen, a genius, a true quarterback savant. No QB has ever reached the same soaring heights working with such a pathetic squad around him. If it weren't for the rest of that shitfest of a team the Seahawks would already be 19-0. It's amazing Wilson has already become the first player ever enshrined in the Hall of Fame while still playing considering the fact that at times he has to block 900 pound defensive linemen just to give himself enough time to throw lasers to himself 157 yards down field. Russell Wilson drinks Fran Tarkenton's milkshake and Peyton Manning would be lucky if Wilson stooped so low as to let Manning sniff his jock.

Montana who?

Wilson/Tate in 2016!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Wilson. He aint a 49ers so I could not give 2 shits about him. Kaepernick is better anyway. One took their team to the super bowl and should have won it if it was not for 3 holding calls not called. One on a kick return for a TD, one on a fade route in the end zone on 4th down that should have been a TD, and 5 on the entire OLine during a safety. Russel Wilson had a good view of the game on his couch.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another example of RWill's poor judgment a couple of times
a game was at the end of the 1st half. With no timeouts and
in FG range, don't try to make something out of nothing.

Throw the ball out of bounds and kick the FG. Hawks were
very lucky the clock didn't run out and miss out on 3 points.

We play a great team and those type of decisions could lead
to a loss, even though he's the reason we were FG position to begin with.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Wilson. He aint a 49ers so I could not give 2 shits about him. Kaepernick is better anyway. One took their team to the super bowl and should have ....

You had a better team, not a better QB. Should have, would haves. Don't throw SB interceptions
and you win, too.

Take off the gold tinted lenses and the "eye test" will tell you RWilson is the better QB right now.
I'm not sure Kaep has "it" between the ears. That's a concern.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he can change directions in mid air!

You've convinced me, I take back everything I've said. Wilson is a phenomonal QB, a physical specimen, a genius, a true quarterback savant. No QB has ever reached the same soaring heights working with such a pathetic squad around him. If it weren't for the rest of that shitfest of a team the Seahawks would already be 19-0. It's amazing Wilson has already become the first player ever enshrined in the Hall of Fame while still playing considering the fact that at times he has to block 900 pound defensive linemen just to give himself enough time to throw lasers to himself 157 yards down field. Russell Wilson drinks Fran Tarkenton's milkshake and Peyton Manning would be lucky if Wilson stooped so low as to let Manning sniff his jock.

Montana who?

Wilson/Tate in 2016!

Wow sounds like Wilson has you losing sleep at night.... Your sarcasm has bitterness sprinkled all over it..

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers have a better QB, defense, coach, offense, and special teams. Seattle just sucks and gets away with holding on every pass on both offense and defense.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You had a better team, not a better QB. Should have, would haves. Don't throw SB interceptions
and you win, too.

Take off the gold tinted lenses and the "eye test" will tell you RWilson is the better QB right now.
I'm not sure Kaep has "it" between the ears. That's a concern.

Last year? Not sure I agree with that. Wilson was bad for seven of the eight quarters he played in the playoffs. He was lucky they made it past the Redskins. This year I agree Wilson has been somewhat better.

As for the "between the ears" thing, Kap is objectively more intelligent than Wilson. That doesn't mean he has more football smarts, but people talking Wilson up as if he is brilliant off the field are full of it. The guy has above average intelligence, but not by much. Kap is markedly smarter.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers have a better QB, defense, coach, offense, and special teams. Seattle just sucks and gets away with holding on every pass on both offense and defense.

Jennifer-Lawrence-ok-thumbs-up.gif

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, people love Wilson because he's an unconventional quarterback and he's a scrappy underdog who has a work ethic that is 100X that of any mortal NFL QB. He's somehow both an everyman (underappreciated, everyone doubts him, average height) and a living Paul Bunyon (able to leap tall buildings in a single bound with nothing but his smarts and his knowledge of the playbook).

Why can't he just be judged for his actual play on the field?

tumblr_m6726uRLwl1qb8pdro1_500.gif

Edit: I can't believe you even said that nonsense. Do you call him "DangerRuss" as well? He is a scrappy little QB and annoys me to no end. Lets leave the childish little analogy's to Seahawk fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year? Not sure I agree with that. Wilson was bad for seven of the eight quarters he played in the playoffs. He was lucky they made it past the Redskins. This year I agree Wilson has been somewhat better.

As for the "between the ears" thing, Kap is objectively more intelligent than Wilson. That doesn't mean he has more football smarts, but people talking Wilson up as if he is brilliant off the field are full of it. The guy has above average intelligence, but not by much. Kap is markedly smarter.

You didn't watch the Falcons game, obviously. RWill threw for 385 yds and a chunk came in the 4th and the rest of his total was as great as Kaeps FULL GAME effort in Atlanta.

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

More laughter. Are you really bringing in off the field smarts into a conversation? :laugh3:

Does Kaep really impress you with his QB acumen? That is all that matters. I've
seen plenty of book smart people that had zippity doo da for common sense. Kaep
can improve his NFL football common sense.

If your "eye test" tells you that Kaep is more impressive as a QB than RWill ( no I'm not talking
Rhodes Scholar) then you may want to head to your nearest opthlamologist.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're certainly an objective source of information. I applaud your well thought out argument full of facts and statistics. :clap:

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You didn't watch the Falcons game, obviously. RWill threw for 385 yds and a chunk came in the 4th and the rest of his total was as great as Kaeps FULL GAME effort in Atlanta.

:laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3: :laugh3:

More laughter. Are you really bringing in off the field smarts into a conversation? :laugh3:

Does Kaep really impress you with his QB acumen? That is all that matters. I've
seen plenty of book smart people that had zippity doo da for common sense. Kaep
can improve his NFL football common sense.

If your "eye test" tells you that Kaep is more impressive as a QB than RWill ( no I'm not talking
Rhodes Scholar) then you may want to head to your nearest opthlamologist.

Speaking of book smarts, might want to go back to math class. I said seven of eight quarters. In the eighth quarter - the fourth quarter of the Atlanta game - he was sensational. But Kap was great in the GB game, and had very strong second halves against Atlanta and Baltimore. Kap was better in the playoffs than Wilson was.

I agree that book smarts don't matter all that much. That's why I was careful to qualify that Wilson seems to have greater on-field smarts at this time. But I've seen several reporters, including I believe Terry Blount, talking about Wilson as if he's some genius off the field. That's demonstrably false. And I don't think Kap gets nearly enough credit for his intelligence.

And please re-read my post. Perhaps you will catch this part:

This year I agree Wilson has been somewhat better.