• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rusell headed to Brooklyn, Brooke Lopez to the Lakers

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a great move by the lakers, and I have been skeptical of every move they have made since acquiring Howard. You can talk til you're blue in the face about Russell and Ball co existing in the back court, but they are the same player. This way they upgrade Russell and mozgov while getting another pick in the process. Great trade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was like every Laker fan on the hoop telling me this.

Every fan is telling you Ingram is a bust? I sincerely doubt that. He's been untouchable throughout this process for a reason. Counting stats don't really measure his progress last year, as he was more of a glue guy that will emerge more as his game expands.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA will always get the top FA!
I don't know if the Lakers want Kevin Love, but I believe he would love to play for the Lakers. I wonder what his current contract looks like?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fan is telling you Ingram is a bust? I sincerely doubt that. He's been untouchable throughout this process for a reason. Counting stats don't really measure his progress last year, as he was more of a glue guy that will emerge more as his game expands.
Yes I agree. I think Ingram needs to put on some weight (muscle) and he will be just fine.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No... that they'd rather have Ingram over Simmons.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I would do. I wouldn't trade for George, I would let him come to Los Angeles as a free agent.

But you could get him for 50 cents on the dollar today.

If he goes to Clippers/Cavs/Celtics -- he might be happy and never leave.

It is a gamble either way.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if the Lakers want Kevin Love, but I believe he would love to play for the Lakers. I wonder what his current contract looks like?

He signed for 5 years, $110M two years ago. So pretty good ... I think $22M-$23M / year for 3 more.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to play for the Lakers. I wonder if they could use a 36 year old white businessman.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait... What? Ingram is looking like a bust. I was told they'd rather have Ingram then Simmons. My world is getting flipped upside down tonight.

Ingram was even worse than Russell so I don't know what would lead Lakers fans to believe he's going to be a star.

OTOH, the chances of Russell becoming a star are almost nil. I can't think of a single guy who was traded before his rookie contract ended that ended up becoming any kind of a star. Marbury WAY back in the day, if you consider him a star, but he forced that trade. Maybe I missed somebody.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is also (sadly) the most excitement Nets fans have had in years...

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ingram was even worse than Russell so I don't know what would lead Lakers fans to believe he's going to be a star.
OTOH, the chances of Russell becoming a star are almost nil. I can't think of a single guy who was traded before his rookie contract ended that ended up becoming any kind of a star. Marbury WAY back in the day, if you consider him a star, but he forced that trade. Maybe I missed somebody.

Jermaine O'Neal is one guy I can think of that took 4-5 years to mature and become a really good player. (only after he was traded to Indy)

I think there have been a couple of other big guys who did not develop until 3-4 years after being drafted.

Also -- Joe Crowder may not be an All-Star -- but has become a really good NBA player. But his first ~4 years ... he didn't do much.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jermaine O'Neal is one guy I can think of that took 4-5 years to mature and become a really good player. (only after he was traded to Indy)

I think there have been a couple of other big guys who did not develop until 3-4 years after being drafted.

Also -- Joe Crowder may not be an All-Star -- but has become a really good NBA player. But his first ~4 years ... he didn't do much.

O'Neal is a good one, yep.