• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rusell headed to Brooklyn, Brooke Lopez to the Lakers

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron be like...

I'm taking my talents to Brooklyn!

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. Imo, this trade is good for both teams. The Lakers unload an albatross contract and bring in a solid big who is on an expiring deal, plus they pick up a decent asset in the #27 pick. If Lopez works out, they can re-sign him for less. If not, he's gone.

In Russell, the Nets get a good starting point on what is probably going to be a long rebuild.

The Lakers trade will be considered a great trade if they land George and another big start next year.

If not then I think it's a meh trade.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that Magic stuck it to the Celtics. In reality, that's probably not the case, especially since Boston gets Sacramento's basically unprotected pick in 2019 if the Lakers pick doesn't convey.

2 years away, and the Kings have a few pieces plus two lottery picks to work with. I think they're on the right track, and Rudy Gay potentially leaving wouldn't be the worst thing either. Get a young group together to grow together. Getting some key vets in the mix that aren't me-first players (like Cousins and Gay) would help the growing process, but it won't be easy to draw FA to Sacramento. They should be bottom 5 anyway, without any surprise additions.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lakers trade will be considered a great trade if they land George and another big start next year.

If not then I think it's a meh trade.

True. Dumping salary without a payoff move to capitalize on it will make that trade a failure IMO.

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Lo is gonna be a stud. He's just young, and very inconsistent at the moment. He has great potential and at some point, I think he realizes that potential and becomes a really good PG. Tough to see him go, but there were some positives out of the deal, and only time will tell if we made the right decision

Kold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope they keep Nwaba around at least for depth purposes. He's got a solid defensive game.
If he develops a set jump shot, he can be the next Ariza for us