• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rusell headed to Brooklyn, Brooke Lopez to the Lakers

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good trade for both teams.

The Lakers unloaded a bad contract and got back a late 1st and pretty decent C.
The Nets got a potential star player.

Lakers are better off near term. Nets hopes rest of what Russell can become.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it just goes to show you the true value of a top 3 pick is worth not valuing. these dudes come into the NBA not polished, teenage bodies and lacking fundamental skills.

Which is why it is risky to trade these kids a couple of years into their careers.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... so they'll have a nice Center for Ball?

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brooklyn has a habit of trading for players that are solid but not special. Oh wait, @LogicMan Brooklyn did once didnt they? :dhd:

Yeah that will go down as the worst trade of the century. Now they are still rebuilding with Jlo as their center piece. Cant ask for a better trend in the short term. That 2018 Nets pick is gone up in value in just seconds.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor now is Knicks want Josh Jckson from Celtics. hmmmm

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont' forget Lopez is an expiring deal.

That means the Lakers have a shot at 2 max FAs next year. Frankly, they need to use Clarkson or Randle to dump deng.

And that is whether or not the lakers get PG.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that will go down as the worst trade of the century. Now they are still rebuilding with Jlo as their center piece. Cant ask for a better trend in the short term. That 2018 Nets pick is gone up in value in just seconds.
I was wondering why PG13 had to make it public and not just go in house. Sounds like some collusion, he didnt have to let the whole league know. Also if the rumors are true, im assuming that picks value for Butler trade goes way up. Would be a solid move by both teams. Lakers would be able to see the market for that level talent.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering why PG13 had to make it public and not just go in house. Sounds like some collusion, he didnt have to let the whole league know. Also if the rumors are true, im assuming that picks value for Butler trade goes way up. Would be a solid move by both teams. Lakers would be able to see the market for that level talent.

yeah I am still puzzled why PG13 let that news out to the public.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time I said this, but I actually think this is a good trade for the Nets.

-Lopez is a black hole. He sucks. But his contract comes off the books next year, and that is great for the Lakers.
-The 27th pick in this year's draft is useless.
-I don't think Russell is going to be a star but at least he has some potential and he's trapped with the Nets for 3 years (right?). At least that gives fans ... something ... to look forward to.
-Mozgov for 3 years kind of sucks. But we already have cap space and nobody is coming to Brooklyn in the next 3 years.

As far as the Lakers, if they made the move to clear cap space, it was a little costly. But I don't think Russell is a starting PG on a championship level team. And the Lakers shoot for nothing less than that.

If they did it for Lopez as a player, they're idiots.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember the last time I said this, but I actually think this is a good trade for the Nets.

-Lopez is a black hole. He sucks. But his contract comes off the books next year, and that is great for the Lakers.
-The 27th pick in this year's draft is useless.
-I don't think Russell is going to be a star but at least he has some potential and he's trapped with the Nets for 3 years (right?). At least that gives fans ... something ... to look forward to.
-Mozgov for 3 years kind of sucks. But we already have cap space and nobody is coming to Brooklyn in the next 3 years.

As far as the Lakers, if they made the move to clear cap space, it was a little costly. But I don't think Russell is a starting PG on a championship level team. And the Lakers shoot for nothing less than that.

Agreed for the most part.

but Lopez is a good fit for their offense. But again, the most important thing is he's expiring while the big russian is not.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lopez is a solid player. He will be playing for a new contract. I would like him as a 7 man

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, there are no guarantees he stays or leaves, but winning & money tend to change people's initial choices. Plus the Suns have young players & a high draft pick. If the Lakers are not willing to part with the #2 pick, the Celtics & Suns have a lot more assets for a trade.
Yeah anything is possible.

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,218.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great trade.....it gets rid of a horrible contract negotiated by Kupcake. Russell may be a good player but we haven't done much while he's been here. and Magic wants to bring us back to relevance. We get a 3rd 1st rounder in a deep draft.....but we'll be using that for possible trades.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been no mention of Boston being interested in PG since they'll sign Heyward most likely. Just some facts for you.

Except that is not a fact, only a guess.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed for the most part.
but Lopez is a good fit for their offense. But again, the most important thing is he's expiring while the big russian is not.

Funny that the Laker fans are celebrating dumping the #2 pick in the draft after 2 years --- just to get rid of him and a horrible contract that they signed a year ago.

Next they will trade Randle & Deng -- maybe get an early 2nd rounder for that. (which arguably could be a better pick than the first rounder they just got because of contract requirements)

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone fill me in... I'm a little confused? It seems like they dumped the 2nd pick in the draft for salary cap space?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny that the Laker fans are celebrating dumping the #2 pick in the draft after 2 years --- just to get rid of him and a horrible contract that they signed a year ago.

Next they will trade Randle & Deng -- maybe get an early 2nd rounder for that. (which arguably could be a better pick than the first rounder they just got because of contract requirements)

They need to focus on dumping deng over getting PG right now.