• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read a couple here, elsewhere.

Who says they aren't??

And if they are, why if they like Love so much more than JG?
Is there a point here? So a few posters comment they are looking an you ran with that? Any team that thinks they need a QB and has cap space is going to look at these guys. If the 9ers are less than enamored with Jimmy G and have a rookie on the roster how does it not make sense to look at proven vet

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL

2021 NFL Free Agents: Top available at each position​

Top available free agent NFL wide receivers in 2021

1) Allen Robinson, Chicago Bears
2) Chris Godwin, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
3) Juju Smith-Schuster, Pittsburgh Steelers
4) Kenny Golladay, Detroit Lions
5) AJ Green, Cincinnati Bengals
6) TY Hilton, Indianapolis Colts
7) Sammy Watkins, Kansas City Chiefs
8) Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
9) Allen Lazard, Green Bay Packers
10) Will Fuller, Houston Texans
11) Marvin Jones Jr., Detroit Lions

1, 2, 6 maybe 9....

Fitzgerald will either resign with the Cardinals or retire

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there a point here? So a few posters comment they are looking an you ran with that? Any team that thinks they need a QB and has cap space is going to look at these guys. If the 9ers are less than enamored with Jimmy G and have a rookie on the roster how does it not make sense to look at proven vet

That was my fucked up post after you said SF had Love and I ran with it.

They don't have a rookie on their roster.

But if they are willing to dump JG why would NE rush? Aside from the familiarity aspect?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But if they are willing to dump JG why would NE rush? Aside from the familiarity aspect?
Yeah I fucked up it's GB that took love I was corrected on that.

Either way if they don't think Jimmy G is the answer they should be looking at those two IMO.

NE may want Jimmy because as I stated sometime it's not the right player for the right scheme. Jimmy may fit our scheme and not the 9ers

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because Belichick wanted to trade Brady, not JG. Kraft wouldn't let him and told him JG was to be traded. That was the beginning of the chips falling into place that put the patriots in the position they got to 2020 financially. If BB had his way, Brady would have gone to Chicago for a pile of picks. JG would have stayed and the patriots still might have won the sixth trophy. One will never know.

I would rather have JG and his familiarity with the team and the system than Stafford who has never been a winner.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Belichick wanted to trade Brady, not JG. Kraft wouldn't let him and told him JG was to be traded. That was the beginning of the chips falling into place that put the patriots in the position they got to 2020 financially. If BB had his way, Brady would have gone to Chicago for a pile of picks. JG would have stayed and the patriots still might have won the sixth trophy. One will never know.

I would rather have JG and his familiarity with the team and the system than Stafford who has never been a winner.

2 guys who have never been winners but familiarity is a good thing.

But I wouldn't give more than a 3rd.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What you just stated about Belichick's desire to trade Brady cannot be verified by any reliable source, can it?

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because Belichick wanted to trade Brady, not JG. Kraft wouldn't let him and told him JG was to be traded..
All conjecture. I still don't buy that.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the Jags have the most cap space.

Jaguars $69,618,517
Colts $68,707,543
Jets $65,062,454
Patriots $54,861,687

If the Patriots move Gilmore, they pick up $17,170,834. If Hightower retires they pick up $12,445,305. Marcus Cannon is $9,622,918 and if he retires or the patriots cut him he'll cost $2,566,668. Those three guys count $38M+ against the cap. If you include Devin McCourty it becomes four players eating up $50M. IMO, I think Gilmore and Cannon are gone. That will free up an additional $27M and th pts will be sitting around $81M in cap space.

These are exact numbers from Sportrac as of 1/27/2021.
nobody knows what the cap is its not decided but 175 is the lowest it will be

A real-time look at the 2021 salary cap totals for each NFL team, including estimated cap space. Assumes a $175,000,000 team salary cap.

The negotiations that allowed the 2020 season to proceed included a commitment that the 2021 salary cap will be no lower than $175 million per team. The upcoming negotiations (and it’s negotiated every year) regarding the 2021 salary cap could result in a number significantly higher than $175 million.

Per a league source, the possibility that stadiums will be full for the 2021 season could prompt the league to not tie the hands of teams by dropping the salary cap by more than $23 million per team, from $198.2 million. Although the 2020 season will indeed result in lower revenue than usual, the potential of a return to something normal or close to it plus the coming TV deals may result in the league keeping the cap in the range of $195 million.

Time will tell what the league chooses to do. Although a projected cap typically is shared with all owners in December, the final decision isn’t made until late February or early March, through negotiations with the NFL Players Association.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All conjecture. I still don't buy that.

me neither

jimmy is a game manager hes been successful due to niners having a great run game and D

not sure that will fit well with the WR/TE group we have and u cant just replace them all

Id be ok with jimmy cause hes miles better than cam :suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me neither

jimmy is a game manager hes been successful due to niners having a great run game and D

not sure that will fit well with the WR/TE group we have and u cant just replace them all

Id be ok with jimmy cause hes miles better than cam :suds:
Edellman coming back even if not his old self still automatically improves the offense.
Meyers is a stud.
Good stable of RBs.
NE has plenty of draft pics and cap, could easily upgrade with a vet TE like Rudolph or Henry as well as any number of WRs out there. Hit on a draft pick or two? This offense is not that far off once they get away from Cam.
I'm willing to give Harry one more year. Not a bad 4th option but what a waste of a pic at this point.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edellman coming back even if not his old self still automatically improves the offense.
Meyers is a stud.
Good stable of RBs.
NE has plenty of draft pics and cap, could easily upgrade with a vet TE like Rudolph or Henry as well as any number of WRs out there. Hit on a draft pick or two? This offense is not that far off once they get away from Cam.
I'm willing to give Harry one more year. Not a bad 4th option but what a waste of a pic at this point.
All of this is true... especially once they get away from Cam.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nobody knows what the cap is its not decided but 175 is the lowest it will be
The NFL and the NFLPA can't just do anything they want. The NFL has to worry about Anti-Trust. The MLB, NBA and NHL all have penalties and taxes for exceeding spending limits and those keep them in line and keeps the politicians happy.

Having the NFL salary Cap attached to revenue has kept the anti-trust wolves at bay. When the NFL suggested to the NFLPA that they freeze the Salary Cap at 2020 levels ($198.6M) the union was all for it but th wolves started baying and it never got any traction. Everyone appears to happy with spreading it over three years as long as the league doesn't try to do anything sneaky.

It's npt just ticket sales and concessions. NFL store sales are down about 45% because people are not working. The statistics show that if the league took the hit in fell swoop in 2021, the Cap would be set at $132M. Players would have to renegotiate contracts or get cut and have no place to play because there would be no money. Setting it at $175M might be a bit too harsh but setting it at $185M might require extending it until 2025, which they do not want to do.

The smart thing to do is set it it at $180M and hold the line with severe penalties for any team that screws with it. Those penalties have to be financial and draft picks and they have to be ruthless. Like the NBA Luxury Tax. Nobody wants to even think about being close enough to even get a sniff of it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 guys who have never been winners but familiarity is a good thing.

But I wouldn't give more than a 3rd.
I'm the resident tightwad here and ordinarily would agree with this. BUT!
In our current QB situation, I'd give a 2nd to have somebody besides Edelman or Meyers playing QB for NE.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL and the NFLPA can't just do anything they want. The NFL has to worry about Anti-Trust. The MLB, NBA and NHL all have penalties and taxes for exceeding spending limits and those keep them in line and keeps the politicians happy.

Having the NFL salary Cap attached to revenue has kept the anti-trust wolves at bay. When the NFL suggested to the NFLPA that they freeze the Salary Cap at 2020 levels ($198.6M) the union was all for it but th wolves started baying and it never got any traction. Everyone appears to happy with spreading it over three years as long as the league doesn't try to do anything sneaky.

It's npt just ticket sales and concessions. NFL store sales are down about 45% because people are not working. The statistics show that if the league took the hit in fell swoop in 2021, the Cap would be set at $132M. Players would have to renegotiate contracts or get cut and have no place to play because there would be no money. Setting it at $175M might be a bit too harsh but setting it at $185M might require extending it until 2025, which they do not want to do.

The smart thing to do is set it it at $180M and hold the line with severe penalties for any team that screws with it. Those penalties have to be financial and draft picks and they have to be ruthless. Like the NBA Luxury Tax. Nobody wants to even think about being close enough to even get a sniff of it.
I don't think it's just about "people not working".. If you buy a new Raiders shirt, who's going to see it? Most people buy the shirts so they can be seen in them and a significant number of people aren't going anywhere (at least the smart ones).

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just read an article stating the Pats should target Jamis Winston. Why in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus, would we bring in that blind bastard?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT A RUMOR....FACT.....

Larry Zeigler had a 90inute interview with Mac Jones at the Senior Bowl.

Guess who's hurt??? Yep, Mac Jones. "Tweaked" his right ankle and will probably sit out the Senior Bowl.

RUMOR......................

Bill Belichick is sailing around the Carribbean incognito with his dog and not his girlfriend.
Boston media is AFU because Bill won't answer his phone or tweets or texts. Now he's Media Enemy #1.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOT A RUMOR....FACT.....

Larry Zeigler had a 90inute interview with Mac Jones at the Senior Bowl.

Guess who's hurt??? Yep, Mac Jones. "Tweaked" his right ankle and will probably sit out the Senior Bowl.

RUMOR......................

Bill Belichick is sailing around the Carribbean incognito with his dog and not his girlfriend.
Boston media is AFU because Bill won't answer his phone or tweets or texts. Now hNow he's Media Enemy #1.
Now?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So just read an article stating the Pats should target Jamis Winston. Why in the name of Sweet Baby Jesus, would we bring in that blind bastard?
I heard BK had a 138 IQ, do you believe everything?

(sorry BK, couldn't resist)