• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay just my opinion on this QB situation.

1. Cam is not the answer
2. The organization never gave Stidham a game time shot and they should have.
3. Watson: No don't break the bank on one player
4. Rodgers: No see Watson response
5. Ryan if available sure take a shot good QB won't be super cheap but a lot less than Watson or Rdogers.
6. Jimmy G sure he will not cost a ton, knows our system and we can pick up a decent WR to support him.
7. Dalton: Will come real cheap may have some game left.

Thank god...no mention of Fitz...

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being argumentative here, but why didn't they give him a shot? Maybe he needs to earn his shot and hasn't?
Or maybe TB12 was better and BB didn't want to look bad about his Cam decision?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe TB12 was better and BB didn't want to look bad about his Cam decision?
I've never seen anything that would indicate BB would be willing to bite off his nose to spite his face. I know it's possible but so is Stid not putting in the correct level of work or showing the right spirit toward competition or an important task.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen anything that would indicate BB would be willing to bite off his nose to spite his face. I know it's possible but so is Stid not putting in the correct level of work or showing the right spirit toward competition or an important task.
Well I guess we can speculate all we want we'll never know.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I guess we can speculate all we want we'll never know.
THAT is the quagmire with BB. He's so secretive that almost nobody ever knows, and his success rate has been so high he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks. Winning has a way of putting the winner above all reproach beyond either illegal or unethical acts.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THAT is the quagmire with BB. He's so secretive that almost nobody ever knows, and his success rate has been so high he doesn't give a damn what anyone thinks. Winning has a way of putting the winner above all reproach beyond either illegal or unethical acts.
Very True

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would gladly give the Texans 4 1st round picks for Watson. After Mahomes, he's probably the second best young QB in the NFL. We haven't had an impact player selected in the 1st round for a very long time.

Dominique Easly
Malcom Brown
Isaiah Wynn
Sony Michel
N'Keal Harry

Those are our last 5 number ones. Not a single player panned out to be worth a #1. The draft is just a big game of hit or miss. We haven't hit in the 1st round for a long time.

Give me the young 25 year old stud QB.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the success of the previous 20 years, all of us have accepted BB's way of doing things. The level of disappointment in 2020 has really chipped away at that confidence. If he doesn't show that he can turn this ship around with the cp spoace and draft, then he won't be able to flip people off or just walk away. Kraft will be put into the position of having to constantly defend that kind of behavior and he won't do it. There just comes a point where something has to give and it will have to be Bill. On the other hand, if he puts together a competitive, winning team and makes the playoffs, he'll regain all of the naysayers and will never be questioned again.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of the success of the previous 20 years, all of us have accepted BB's way of doing things. The level of disappointment in 2020 has really chipped away at that confidence. If he doesn't show that he can turn this ship around with the cp spoace and draft, then he won't be able to flip people off or just walk away. Kraft will be put into the position of having to constantly defend that kind of behavior and he won't do it. There just comes a point where something has to give and it will have to be Bill. On the other hand, if he puts together a competitive, winning team and makes the playoffs, he'll regain all of the naysayers and will never be questioned again.
So he's been at the helm of 20 years of unprecedented excellence, but give us two down years are he's gone?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would gladly give the Texans 4 1st round picks for Watson. After Mahomes, he's probably the second best young QB in the NFL. We haven't had an impact player selected in the 1st round for a very long time.

Dominique Easly
Malcom Brown
Isaiah Wynn
Sony Michel
N'Keal Harry

Those are our last 5 number ones. Not a single player panned out to be worth a #1. The draft is just a big game of hit or miss. We haven't hit in the 1st round for a long time.

Give me the young 25 year old stud QB.
So you would sell the future nahhh not a fan of that.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local Banter is the Phins have interest in Watson. They have 2 first round picks this year 3 and 18 they could pull this off

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Local Banter is the Phins have interest in Watson. They have 2 first round picks this year 3 and 18 they could pull this off
BK referred to this in one of his posts. It was regarding the Jests, but it inferred the Jests would be willing to trade a lot for Watson with the added incentive to block the Fins...

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4 of five of those were picks 31 & 32, correct? The future picks are leaning toward being better than that starting with 15 this year.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, maybe those 4 1st turn into All Pros. But more than likely they turn out like the ones we've drafted the last 7 years. Average players at best. Give me that proven Pro Bowl QB every time. Would you trade Wynn and Michel and Harry and this years 1st for Watson?

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, maybe those 4 1st turn into All Pros. But more than likely they turn out like the ones we've drafted the last 7 years. Average players at best. Give me that proven Pro Bowl QB every time. Would you trade Wynn and Michel and Harry and this years 1st for Watson?
Once a pick is made it is gone. That's why I prefer to look at the value of all the players acquired in a given year versus the capital used to acquire them. A guy like JC Jackson grades at a first or second rounder and Wynn grades at a third rounder, then Owenu seems like he's grading out as a first rounder. WTF they were doing with the picks you listed is anyone's guess. BB has a network and maybe he was rewarding his network by taking "someone's guy". Maybe the value of doing that and getting hidden gems later offsets what we see as wasted picks.

It just doesn't pass the smell test that he whiffs at all these first rounders, then hits on as many late rounders and UDFs. But I completely agree that as first round picks go, all the ones you listed just plain stink.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's been at the helm of 20 years of unprecedented excellence, but give us two down years are he's gone?
I didn't say that. What I'm saying is that Kraft will have to step in and take away the GM role from him. Kraft has builtba multibillion dollar empire outside the patriots. he's a giant in the timber, paper and biggest of all the cardboard box business. he didn't build those businesses feeling bad for someone. In 2020, BB was wearing too many hats. Personnel Director, GM, Head Coach, Health and Safety Director. Casrio bailed in heart beat after staying behind because he was promised personnel control and BB wouldn't give it up. As the GM, he refuses to listen to others when they try steer him in a different direction. This has been said several times by people who have been in the war room during the draft. Once 'he' starts to focus on someone, nothing can dissuade him. There's no better head coach. Finally, he should have had Kraft bring in a medical expert to handle all of the Covid issues and regulation. There comes a point in any situation where trying to do too much doesn't allow you to do anything well. Bill continually breaks his own rule...."Do YOUR job".

We all are aging. Some well and others not so. Bill isn't the same Bill that took over in 1999. He aged well and done a magnificent job. But time has taken a toll on all of us and the mess that was 2020 has beaten us all down. Bill needs to delegate and step back at least one step. He'll feel better and it might prolong his physical and mental health.

He could do three things that might really benefit him and the team.

1. Allow Larry Zeigler to be the personnel Director. Listen to him because he's listening to his scouts. Let him help with the draft. Bill can make the final decision, but having an open mind will help him do that.

2. Name a Defensive Coordinator and let him do his job. Manage the Coordinators.

3. Have Kraft bring in a medical person to handle all of the fallout from Covid that will be coming doen the pike once the vaccine is available start attempting to return to their previous normal lives.