• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BK referred to this in one of his posts. It was regarding the Jests, but it inferred the Jests would be willing to trade a lot for Watson with the added incentive to block the Fins...
I think the FINS 3,18, along with Fitz or Tua could do this.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston Rumor Mill is starting to spin furiously.

Josh McDaniels has a brother. Did you now that? He's a coach. Did you know that? He's an NFL coach. Did you know that? He's a Quarterback coach. Did you know that? He's the QB coach of the Chicago Bears. Did you know that?

I'll give you three guesses as to who who Josh has been talking to since the season ended?

All of a sudden Mitch Trubisky's name has surfaced as a possible new face in Foxboro.

What if a new face was seen in Boston. A face that doesn't reside in the area, live within 1000 miles of the area and very well might be the last face you might see in Boston. The Celtics and Bruins are both on extended road trips so he wasn't here in the middle of a Nor'easter snowstorm to catch a game. Marcus Mariota.

I'm going to start a new thread.........

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read some crazy shit about the 49ers get Rodgers, Watson went some damn where, Pats got Jimmy G and sent their 149th pick to the 9ers. It was some 4 way team deal which I could never see happening.

But to Trabisky I say no thanks.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Boston Rumor Mill is starting to spin furiously.

Josh McDaniels has a brother. Did you now that? He's a coach. Did you know that? He's an NFL coach. Did you know that? He's a Quarterback coach. Did you know that? He's the QB coach of the Chicago Bears. Did you know that?

I'll give you three guesses as to who who Josh has been talking to since the season ended?
1) His father
2) His mother
3) His sister

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
....BB didn't want to look bad about his Cam decision?
BB has never been afraid to admit a mistake and bench a player or cut a player before, I don't see Cam as being a magical personality that Bill would let play if a better option had ass cheeks full of splinters.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once a pick is made it is gone. That's why I prefer to look at the value of all the players acquired in a given year versus the capital used to acquire them. A guy like JC Jackson grades at a first or second rounder and Wynn grades at a third rounder, then Owenu seems like he's grading out as a first rounder. WTF they were doing with the picks you listed is anyone's guess. BB has a network and maybe he was rewarding his network by taking "someone's guy". Maybe the value of doing that and getting hidden gems later offsets what we see as wasted picks.

It just doesn't pass the smell test that he whiffs at all these first rounders, then hits on as many late rounders and UDFs. But I completely agree that as first round picks go, all the ones you listed just plain stink.
Wynn does not stink. Our O-line has been good.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wynn does not stink. Our O-line has been good.
No where do I state that Wynn stinks. I wrote that the pick stinks because I rate him as a solid 3rd rounder. In my opinion he's been off the field way too much to be considered any better.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No where do I state that Wynn stinks. I wrote that the pick stinks because I rate him as a solid 3rd rounder. In my opinion he's been off the field way too much to be considered any better.
Usually, off the field in the future cannot be used to rate a draft pick in the past.
OT's are hard to come by and often are worth a bit more - especially LT's.
We have other decisions for you to berate than Winn.
We have an excellent O=line that performs well despite having a QB that doesn't know where he is going unless it's the wrong way.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually, off the field in the future cannot be used to rate a draft pick in the past.
OT's are hard to come by and often are worth a bit more - especially LT's.
We have other decisions for you to berate than Winn.
We have an excellent O=line that performs well despite having a QB that doesn't know where he is going unless it's the wrong way.....
You are cherry picking my words. Go back a few posts were I state I prefer to examine an entire haul versus total capital used instead of 1 pick at a time. But the post I responded to was related to only the results of first round picks. Winn is a fine player.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz will be an Indianapolis Colt probably before the end of the Super Bowl tomorrow.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Wentz will be an Indianapolis Colt probably before the end of the Super Bowl tomorrow.

I'm not saying he's a proven commodity yet, but I was hoping the Pats were going to grab Jalen Hurts last year.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that made NFL GMs nervous was that he'd never played for anyone but his father.
His Dad was his high school coach. What would that matter? I would think playing for Saben and Lincoln Riley is pretty damn nice. But i guess they dont count?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His Dad was his high school coach. What would that matter? I would think playing for Saben and Lincoln Riley is pretty damn nice. But i guess they dont count?
I didn't [ut that quite right. I apologize.

Even in college he was getting advice from his dad. His freshman year he was a phenom at Alabama completing 67% of his passes and running like a deer but hit a wall in the playoffs. Saban blamed the coaching staff for "protecting" him. Then Tua showed up and Hurts either wouldn't or couldn't compete and Hurts again was turning to his father.

Right now, he's in a bad place with a team that's in an old wringer washing machine and until everything gets shaken out and hung out to dry, it's dirty laundry sloshing around in dirty water.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rumor just came my way from a guy who is usually pretty close to what he's talking about.

The Patriots will draft a defensive player at #15. This guys says that all of the people he's talked to think that Micah Parsons LB Penn St is BB's primary target.

Here's the surprise.....................BB will do whatever it takes to trade back up into the late first round and take his quarterback. Jaime Newman. Who transferred from Wake Forest to Georgis but decided to opt out due to covid and go to the professional quarterback camp.

If newman isn't available look for BB to take QB Dustin Crum Kent State. In a shortened season he completed 73% of his passes, 1181 yards and 12 TDs. he rushed for four more TDs.

In 2019 he completed 70% of his passes for 2622 yards and 20 TDs. His only drawback is that he's 6'3 but only weighs 208 lbs. No question that the training staff can put fifteen or twenty lbs of muscle on him.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This rumor just came my way from a guy who is usually pretty close to what he's talking about.

The Patriots will draft a defensive player at #15. This guys says that all of the people he's talked to think that Micah Parsons LB Penn St is BB's primary target.

Here's the surprise.....................BB will do whatever it takes to trade back up into the late first round and take his quarterback. Jaime Newman. Who transferred from Wake Forest to Georgis but decided to opt out due to covid and go to the professional quarterback camp.

If newman isn't available look for BB to take QB Dustin Crum Kent State. In a shortened season he completed 73% of his passes, 1181 yards and 12 TDs. he rushed for four more TDs.

In 2019 he completed 70% of his passes for 2622 yards and 20 TDs. His only drawback is that he's 6'3 but only weighs 208 lbs. No question that the training staff can put fifteen or twenty lbs of muscle on him.
The problem is that type of rumor is impossible to bank on... Who they draft is fully reliant on 14 other moves by teams ahead if them... I always think back to '04 when Wilfork was sitting at 21. Was he the plan? Many thought it was supposed to be Steven Jackson (RB) who was a big need... Of course they got Corey Dillon in a trade later, but many were salivating when Jackson was there at 21... but so was Wilfork.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is that type of rumor is impossible to bank on... Who they draft is fully reliant on 14 other moves by teams ahead if them... I always think back to '04 when Wilfork was sitting at 21. Was he the plan? Many thought it was supposed to be Steven Jackson (RB) who was a big need... Of course they got Corey Dillon in a trade later, but many were salivating when Jackson was there at 21... but so was Wilfork.
Bill at his finest.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent most of last night trying to get hold of the guys who I usually get my info from. I did talk to several of them and two of them said that they heard that BB was looking at Newman. Newman's biggst problem at WF was hesitation. He had a hiccup before he threw the ball as if he wanted to wait one more step before he delivered. This "camp" he went to isn't really a camp. It's some former NFL QB who spends at least two weeks working with senior level QBs and helps them with footwork, reading defenses, and has some kind of simulator that he uses like an indoor golf course. Anyway, newman spent a lot of time working with this guy and won't know 100% until he actually gets into a game to know if he cured the hiccups.

More interesting is that Dustin Crum worked out for a Patriot scout. The scout was so impressed that one of the Patriot "coaches" visited with him and they spent a half day working out. All reports are that Crum has some extraordinary ability to accurately put the ball exactly where he wants it to go. One of my guys says that he's seen at least seven of Crum's games and he thinks he could start for any pro team in 2021. He told me to get off my ass and check the college historical records for any other starting quarterback that had a completion record of 70% or above for two consecutive years at any level.