• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports this morning say that Stephon Gilmore is the target of at least 3 teams. The price is a 2nd round pick OR a 3rd round pick and a player. (WR?).

Also, Patriots have approached Marcus Cannon about a severe reduction in his salary. If he refuses, he'll be cut by Wednesday.

With Gilmore and Cannon gone, that adds nearly $18M to the war chest.

More rumors.....................................

Patriots main three targets on Wednesday are (1) WR Kenny Golladay, (2) TE Jonunu Smith , (3) DE Yannick Ngakoue

Ziegler will call Shaquille Barrett but all indication are the he wants Aaron Donald kind of money and the patriots won't go there.
I know I may be the only one that feels this way but I cannot understand targeting a TE... The Pats drafted two last year, two with no real mini camp, two the BB IMO sat on because he knew the season was a wash, two that would have to worked with a QB that did not know our system which would have exploited them and weak. I just feel TE is not a need for this team.

I would take the either of those two options for Gilmore but I do feel that leaves us exposed.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a DT is there a decent DT or Edge rusher out there? Or should we expect draft capital
There's lots of player options out there but mostly teams are casting off bad contracts while they try to renegotiate better players. The best is probably yet to come.....
I know I may be the only one that feels this way but I cannot understand targeting a TE... The Pats drafted two last year, two with no real mini camp, two the BB IMO sat on because he knew the season was a wash, two that would have to worked with a QB that did not know our system which would have exploited them and weak. I just feel TE is not a need for this team.

I would take the either of those two options for Gilmore but I do feel that leaves us exposed.
I agree with you on the tight ends and add that most TE's take time to devekop anyways.
We are going to lose Gilmore anyways. Getting something is a good idea and dumping salary does add a lot.
Maybe now we keep Thuney?????

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's lots of player options out there but mostly teams are casting off bad contracts while they try to renegotiate better players. The best is probably yet to come.....

I agree with you on the tight ends and add that most TE's take time to devekop anyways.
We are going to lose Gilmore anyways. Getting something is a good idea and dumping salary does add a lot.
Maybe now we keep Thuney?????
If they get what BK stated either deal I suspect a player of interest may be a D Linemen. And if keeping Thuney is on the table hell yeah I like that guy a lot.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. What I'm thinking is that he wants a veteran who can actually show the kids how and what to do other than run and try to catch the ball.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. What I'm thinking is that he wants a veteran who can actually show the kids how and what to do other than run and try to catch the ball.
That would make sense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports this morning say that Stephon Gilmore is the target of at least 3 teams. The price is a 2nd round pick OR a 3rd round pick and a player. (WR?).

Also, Patriots have approached Marcus Cannon about a severe reduction in his salary. If he refuses, he'll be cut by Wednesday.

With Gilmore and Cannon gone, that adds nearly $18M to the war chest.

More rumors.....................................

Patriots main three targets on Wednesday are (1) WR Kenny Golladay, (2) TE Jonunu Smith , (3) DE Yannick Ngakoue

Ziegler will call Shaquille Barrett but all indication are the he wants Aaron Donald kind of money and the patriots won't go there.

Barrett doesn't want to play anywhere else but with the Bucs. Since he has a lot of Colorado connections (played for Colorado State and played for the Broncos) I talk to people that are good friends with him. He has looked around but he loves Tampa and will do what it takes to stay with them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being rumored that the Patriots and Texans are talking again. This time it's LB Whitney Mercilus that the Texans are looking to move. Nothing is in concrete but right now the Texans are looking at Stephon Gilmore. Mercilus has three years left on his contract and about $50M due. He'll be 30 this year. His cap hit would be $12M this year.

Supposedly the Texans are interested in moving Brandin Cooks and Randall Cobb and the Patriots are listening.

It all makes sense. If the Texans actually move Deshaun Watson, having a clean roster is the best way to start anew.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's being rumored that the Patriots and Texans are talking again. This time it's LB Whitney Mercilus that the Texans are looking to move. Nothing is in concrete but right now the Texans are looking at Stephon Gilmore. Mercilus has three years left on his contract and about $50M due. He'll be 30 this year. His cap hit would be $12M this year.

Supposedly the Texans are interested in moving Brandin Cooks and Randall Cobb and the Patriots are listening.

It all makes sense. If the Texans actually move Deshaun Watson, having a clean roster is the best way to start anew.
Cooks alligator arms wont help catch balls that are "sorta close"

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new name is starting to be spoken............................Curtis Samuel - Carolina Panthers

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Aunt Jemima has been cuts word is the Pats are interested. Along with Mr. Potato Head and Dr. Suess

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami also has inquired about Marvin Jones, but the Patriots - to this point - have been more aggressive.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
latest on the tube....

Patriots and Saints are discussing a trade.

The only name that's being mentioned is Mike Thomas WR. No other particulars.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs signed LG Joe Thuney, formerly of the Patriots, to a five-year, $80 million contract.​

The Chiefs gutted their entire offensive line this offseason, so a splash move like this one was desperately needed. Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, and Chris Jones restructured their contracts to open up 2021 cap space just days ago and most of that will be spent on this move. Thuney, 28, was considered to be the top interior offensive line free agent this offseason and offers All-Pro upside in the short term. He was a reliable starter in all five seasons with the Patriots after being a third-rounder in 2016. Kansas City is still looking for a center and at least one more offensive tackle.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Network is reporting that the 49ers are in discussions right now with Mitch Trubinsky.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots re-signed DL Deatrich Wise.​

The terms are not yet available. Desperate to improve their defense, the Pats didn't want to compound matters by letting soon-to-be 27-year-old Wise walk. He contributed 564 snaps on defense last season, and has 56 career quarterback hits. Wise is entering what should be his prime and has always been versatile for coach Bill Belichick

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Patriots are "working on" a deal with free agent Kendrick Bourne.​

Per Fowler, Bourne has "multiple offers and is still talking with teams, but New England could get that done." Going on 26, Bourne is a useful player arguably deserving of a bigger role, but he wouldn't be the talent or skill-set the Pats need to change the trajectory of their downtrodden receiver corps. Bourne is capable of playing both inside and out, something that is sure to appeal to coach Bill Belichick.