• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not buying any of these comparative stats. Carson has played more of a change of pace role in that offense where the D plays a little looser to contain Wilson. Fournette has always been the main focus (well maybe not last year) of a defense. A strong back can always get a couple extra yards with a loose defense.
The truth is that both have had injuries over the past three years. Fournette was in the perfect place last year. There isn't defense that doesn't have Brady as their main objective and that allows for others to be a bit more productive. Like i said, I'll take either but I don't think that this team needs either of them. I'd rather see Golladay or Fuller for just a little deeper threat, especially if the Patriots can find a QB with a real arm.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rumor was mentioned by Albert Breer last night. He said that the Lions and Patriots have had several conversations but no players have been mentioned. He believes that BB may have a deal in place that won't happen unless the right pieces fall into place on April 29th. The Patriots will give the Lions #15, #106 and their first round pick in 2022 and in return get #7. Only if Justin Fields or Mac Jones are available.

He said it as if he was ordering the Denny's Sampler and never hesitated.

Maybe Bill has something in his back pocket. He sure has surprised us so far this week.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Giardi was on Free Agent Frenzy and again on Boston Sports Tonight. They were discussing how much money Bill has spent and that there might not be enough to make anymore big splahes. Giardi dropped a bomb in the middle of the conversation and shocked everyone. He embarrassed them because he said, "None of you ever do one iota of homework. You're all shooting from the hip. Review the contractsand know what you're talking about." He then said that all of the contracts are bonus loaded in 2021. Those will be spread over the contract. By all calculations, Bill still has over $45M to spend. The screen was silent when he said, "Yes, more than enough to pick up Deshaun Watson's $40M salary in 2021."
I do not think BB is going to blow his wad on Watson.... Cannot see that happening.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rumor was mentioned by Albert Breer last night. He said that the Lions and Patriots have had several conversations but no players have been mentioned. He believes that BB may have a deal in place that won't happen unless the right pieces fall into place on April 29th. The Patriots will give the Lions #15, #106 and their first round pick in 2022 and in return get #7. Only if Justin Fields or Mac Jones are available.

He said it as if he was ordering the Denny's Sampler and never hesitated.

Maybe Bill has something in his back pocket. He sure has surprised us so far this week.
I've been saying this. I think BB is holding onto Gilmore and if the QB he wants is available he's ready to deal Gilmore and picks to go get him.
Cam is basically on a back ups contract. I think BB wants him as a mentor.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me trying to figure out what BB will do between now and during draft daytenor.gif

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Giardi was just making a point about how unprepared the talking heads are when presented with actual facts.
Yeah, makes sense. I would still be open to David Carr if that deal can swing. But again I think he is sticking with Cam at this point.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch every Seahawk game. Numbers can be deceiving. He has a great game and vanishes the next? Dealt with some small injuries. That's also a run blocking O line. They can't pass protect for shit. You could possibly get Fournette on a one year deal. I don't think Carson would sign a one year deal? Maybe because of the lower cap but RBs get injured too often.

Depending on what happens with the current crop of RBs, I'm thinking BB needs to find a RB somewhere. Whether that's a shifty little guy, a pass catcher or a bruiser depends on what the roster looks like come draft day.
You and @BigKen are both right. They are both over-rated!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think BB is going to blow his wad on Watson.... Cannot see that happening.
Watson just got cheaper.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going hard after James White. Expected that they will go big and Brady is involved.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals have just signed AJ Green to a one year $8M deal. This was a signal that they would not be giving Larry Fitzgerald another $11M contract. Guess who Larry is supposedly calling?? (508) FOX-BORO

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going hard after James White. Expected that they will go big and Brady is involved.
I pretty much figured White was headed to Tampa he's a great fit there. Great pass catching skills and picks up blocks TB12 love him.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals have just signed AJ Green to a one year $8M deal. This was a signal that they would not be giving Larry Fitzgerald another $11M contract. Guess who Larry is supposedly calling?? (508) FOX-BORO
I think Larry still has some game. If Camella can get him the ball.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell even if he doesn't catch a single pass in New England he will help out the WR core tremendously! He should at least be a mentor to Byrd, Harry (if he isn't cut) etc

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell even if he doesn't catch a single pass in New England he will help out the WR core tremendously! He should at least be a mentor to Byrd, Harry (if he isn't cut) etc

Larry would be a great mentor for Harry.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Rumors: New England Patriots Gearing Up For Deshaun Watson Trade​

Speculation about New England trying to acquire Deshaun Watson began with a tweet by Jeff Howe of The Athletic. While he doesn’t say that a trade is inevitable, the fact that he even mentioned it as a possibility implies that the team is going to try to make something happens. Howe is perhaps the most reliable and accurate reporter on the Patriots beat, and he wouldn’t have sent this out if a trade wasn’t possible.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Rumors: New England Patriots Gearing Up For Deshaun Watson Trade​

Speculation about New England trying to acquire Deshaun Watson began with a tweet by Jeff Howe of The Athletic. While he doesn’t say that a trade is inevitable, the fact that he even mentioned it as a possibility implies that the team is going to try to make something happens. Howe is perhaps the most reliable and accurate reporter on the Patriots beat, and he wouldn’t have sent this out if a trade wasn’t possible.
I can see this. We aren't going to the SuperBowl with Cam. We aren't going to the SuperBowl with a Rookie. Bill isn't coaching forever. He has a 3-4 year window with the players he has signed. He has to go for it now. With a great QB who can be had. At what cost???? Not sure. But if he can get Watson... do it.