• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd gladly take Mariotta over Cam or Hoyer. 2-4 year deal that is team friendly and if BB believes Stid isn't the answer then take a flier on a QB during the draft. There aren't any other FAs out there I'd want over Mariotta unless Carr becomes available.

Or package a deal, move up this year and get one of the top four prospects.

Can't deal with another Cam year.
Agreed. Mariota is an upgrade over Cam. I think he’d be interesting in McDaniel’s system. He’s not known for his durability, though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Mariota is an upgrade over Cam. I think he’d be interesting in McDaniel’s system. He’s not known for his durability, though.
With half a QB in Mariota and half in Cam does that equal a starter?
I'd be willing to hire Marotta on a 1 year prove-it deal and see how he does behind the best O-line in football.
(and still draft a flyer)

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With half a QB in Mariota and half in Cam does that equal a starter?
I'd be willing to hire Marotta on a 1 year prove-it deal and see how he does behind the best O-line in football.
(and still draft a flyer)
I don’t think Mariota is anything great, but I do think the Pats could get the most out of his abilities. He’s always been a good runner and I know he’s a better passer than Cam is. He could take that offense to much greater heights.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you who are wondering why BB doesn't just trade for Maiota...

Mariota's base salary is $11M. He has a roster bonus that kicks in on Iune 1. He gets another $11M and his cap hit becomes $22M for 2021.

The Raiders are willing to take 2025 7th round pick but not a single team wants his contract. If he's released, BB will make him an offer regardless of what anyone else thinks. It will give him three quarterbacks to compete for the spot and will let him draft or trade picks in the draft to suit what he thinks the team needs.

Whether you like him or not, he can throw the ball much, much better than Cam. If you watch Cam's delivery, he cannot bring his arm back and snp it forward. because of the surgeries, the rotation of the shoulder is restricted and no matter what he does he can't can't deliver with accuracys and force. In other words, if he plants and throws downfield, there's a 50/50 chance the ball goes into the stands. If he has to pinpoint a throw, there's a 50/50 chance that the ball will his the receiver on the big toe. Mariota show in the one game he played that he can throw and throw accurately and he can run if need be. The wrinkle in this pile of laundry is Jarrett Stidham and his commitment this offseason to win the starting job.
Fuckamaryota.
Goddamn I wish people would stop bringing him up.
He is a waste of talent.
At least Cam tries.
Cam trying his best and making bad throws is better than that fuckwad not trying.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maryfuckmeota would be better than Cam if he brought his a game everyweek.

Why do you think Tennessee let him go?
Why do you think Vegas is letting him go?
Why do you think nobody else wants him?

He's never been a leader, and his A game? It's in his locker somewhere under his old jocks and dirty underwear.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's never been a leader, and his A game? It's in his locker somewhere under his old jocks and dirty underwear.
Well...he’s definitely no Stidham. That’s for sure. I hear he’s dominating the beach league.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why didn't anyone want Cam? Why was he so cheap?
I'll take MaryOta thank you.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why didn't anyone want Cam? Why was he so cheap?
I'll take MaryOta thank you.
Mariota would instantly be the best QB on the team if they signed him. I’m surprised there is even a debate about that.

That doesn’t speak to how great Mariota is, btw. It speaks to how little talent the Pats have at QB at the moment.

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota obviously hasn't lived up to his College days. Yes, he has been hurt. But in his 5 years with the Titans he had 5 different offensive coordinators. Then he goes to the Raiders. That's 6 different offensive coordinators. Even the great Tom Brady would struggle with a brand new offensive scheme every year. He can't do any worse than Cam. He can throw the ball. I would be happier with him as the Patriots starting QB over Cam.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota would instantly be the best QB on the team if he wanted to be. I’m surprised there is even a debate about that.

That doesn’t speak to how great Mariota is, btw. It speaks to how little talent the Pats have at QB at the moment.
And that is his problem.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariota obviously hasn't lived up to his College days. Yes, he has been hurt. But in his 5 years with the Titans he had 5 different offensive coordinators. Then he goes to the Raiders. That's 6 different offensive coordinators. Even the great Tom Brady would struggle with a brand new offensive scheme every year. He can't do any worse than Cam. He can throw the ball. I would be happier with him as the Patriots starting QB over Cam.
So when he leaves next year you can say "well 7 systems in 7 years"?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mariota better than Cam and/or Stidham, or not?
Is Mariota better than Cam? He's equally as mobile and at least 95% more accurate and 75% more powerful passing.

Stidham hasn't played in a game long enough or in enough games to truthfully assess what he can or can't do.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly what the hell has Mariota done? What has he shown in the NFL? Cam was and MVP, was coming off an injury, was with a new team, a team that had no weapons and no mini camps or OTAs. So for me for now I would easily take Cam over Mariotta. As for Stidham no one there isn't one single poster that knows what he can do at the NFL level. He damn sure was not going to beat out Brady for the job. And BB committed to Cam come hell or highwater last year. BB knew the season was a wash, he said close to just that. Fuck picking up Mariotta that makes absolutely no sense at all.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Mariota better than Cam? He's equally as mobile and at least 95% more accurate and 75% more powerful passing.

Stidham hasn't played in a game long enough or in enough games to truthfully assess what he can or can't do.
Yup. I guess we could debate Cam v. Mariota. Some on here seem to think Cam is better, but I agree with you that Mariota would be the best QB on the roster if they signed him.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly what the hell has Mariota done? What has he shown in the NFL? Cam was and MVP, was coming off an injury, was with a new team, a team that had no weapons and no mini camps or OTAs. So for me for now I would easily take Cam over Mariotta. As for Stidham no one there isn't one single poster that knows what he can do at the NFL level. He damn sure was not going to beat out Brady for the job. And BB committed to Cam come hell or highwater last year. BB knew the season was a wash, he said close to just that. Fuck picking up Mariotta that makes absolutely no sense at all.
I know your act. You were the same guy clamoring for Micheal Bishop and Tommy Hodson to play back in the day. You probably thought Ryan Mallett was going to be a superstar, as well. And now you think Stidham is the next Aaron Rodgers waiting in the wings. I get it. Everyone loves to imagine the backup QB is some future star just waiting for his opportunity. I hate to burst that bubble, but Stidham has nothing. They need to upgrade over him, because he is just not a pro QB. And if you think that Stidham is a better option than a veteran like Mariota right now, you are completely hopeless.