• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Jeremy Fowler reports the Patriots are "working on" a deal with free agent Kendrick Bourne.​

Per Fowler, Bourne has "multiple offers and is still talking with teams, but New England could get that done." Going on 26, Bourne is a useful player arguably deserving of a bigger role, but he wouldn't be the talent or skill-set the Pats need to change the trajectory of their downtrodden receiver corps. Bourne is capable of playing both inside and out, something that is sure to appeal to coach Bill Belichick.
Patriots do not have a down field quarterback . Bourne is a catcher who has a lightning first step and can get yards after the catch.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chiefs signed LG Joe Thuney, formerly of the Patriots, to a five-year, $80 million contract.​

The Chiefs gutted their entire offensive line this offseason, so a splash move like this one was desperately needed. Patrick Mahomes, Travis Kelce, and Chris Jones restructured their contracts to open up 2021 cap space just days ago and most of that will be spent on this move. Thuney, 28, was considered to be the top interior offensive line free agent this offseason and offers All-Pro upside in the short term. He was a reliable starter in all five seasons with the Patriots after being a third-rounder in 2016. Kansas City is still looking for a center and at least one more offensive tackle.
I forgot Thuney was a 3rd rounder. Kinda fitting, the league took away the Pats #1 so they needed to make up for it.... Next year the third rounder will be returned (maybe not with the way the Pats are signing FAs).

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots signed WR Kendrick Bourne, formerly of the 49ers, to a three-year, $22.5 million contract.​

The Patriots have been the most active team in free agency so far, and it's not even close. Offensively, Bill Belichick has added Jonnu Smith, Nelson Agholor, and Bourne to what was a dire skill-position group. The receiver depth chart still lacks top-end talent, but there is at least depth extending to Julian Edelman, Jakobi Meyers, and N'Keal Harry. Bourne is lauded for his do-everything skillset. He can play in the slot or outside and has plenty of experience run-blocking as a former Niner. For fantasy purposes, Bourne is nothing more than a late-round flier

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots signed DL Henry Anderson, formerly of the Jets, to a two-year contract.​

Anderson, who is only two years removed from recording a career-high seven sacks in his first season with the Jets, suffered the same fate as the rest of the team in underwhelming throughout Gregg Williams' and Adam Gase's tenures. It's a(nother) terrific buy-low addition on defense for the Patriots as Anderson, 30 in August, will line up next to Davon Godchaux as a bulldozing run-stuffer. Bill Belichick isn't going to recognize his team when they first report to camp.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots signed DL Henry Anderson, formerly of the Jets, to a two-year contract.​

Anderson, who is only two years removed from recording a career-high seven sacks in his first season with the Jets, suffered the same fate as the rest of the team in underwhelming throughout Gregg Williams' and Adam Gase's tenures. It's a(nother) terrific buy-low addition on defense for the Patriots as Anderson, 30 in August, will line up next to Davon Godchaux as a bulldozing run-stuffer. Bill Belichick isn't going to recognize his team when they first report to camp.
Well I no longer feel DT is now an early need for the Pats.

Look for BB to trade down. This is getting real interesting

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report this morning that Patriots are talking with PIT CB Mike Hilton and DET CB Justin Coleman.

this might be a leftover from Monday..

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are talking to BAL C Matt Skura.

Not sure what this means. Are the Chiefs going after Andrews with another pile of money? The entire KC OL is in disarray.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are talking to BAL C Matt Skura.

Not sure what this means. Are the Chiefs going after Andrews with another pile of money? The entire KC OL is in disarray.

I would NOT like this at all. Keep Andrews!

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Carson? Put it in my veins!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Bleaher Report the agent for Chris Carson RB SEA has contacted the patriots this morning.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Carson? Put it in my veins!

Burkhead will not be back and it appears that James White might sign with the Dolphins. Michele and Harris are the Pats RBs right now, Bolden wants to come back, but he was primarily ST and not a regular RB. JJ Taylor is an option . Adding Carson would be solid and Sony might be in a trade.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I no longer feel DT is now an early need for the Pats.

Look for BB to trade down. This is getting real interesting
Actually it means the Pats can select any steal that slips to 15 because teams 4 to 14 are looking at specific positions. Not needing to focus on a specific position is a VERY good thing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burkhead will not be back and it appears that James White might sign with the Dolphins. Michele and Harris are the Pats RBs right now, Bolden wants to come back, but he was primarily ST and not a regular RB. JJ Taylor is an option . Adding Carson would be solid and Sony might be in a trade.
Go for Fournette before Carson. Carson is over rated in my opinion. Fournette on a one year deal and get a big bruising RB late in the draft and hope he can develop?

Bolden is terrible and a waste of a roster spot.

White love the guy but he's not the same player from two years ago.

My scenario and see what Taylor can do?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go for Fournette before Carson. Carson is over rated in my opinion. Fournette on a one year deal and get a big bruising RB late in the draft and hope he can develop?

Bolden is terrible and a waste of a roster spot.

White love the guy but he's not the same player from two years ago.

My scenario and see what Taylor can do?
Over the past 3 years, Carson has more than 600 carries, 3000+ yards and 27 TDs. 4.7 yds per carry

Fournette has carried 465 times for 1945 yards and 14n TDs. 4.1 yards oer carry,

Hardly over rated. Just doesn't have the press that Fournette had nor did he play with Brady and the Bucs in the Super Bowl I Bill can get either one, that would be good. Truthfully, I don't think either is needed.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Giardi was on Free Agent Frenzy and again on Boston Sports Tonight. They were discussing how much money Bill has spent and that there might not be enough to make anymore big splahes. Giardi dropped a bomb in the middle of the conversation and shocked everyone. He embarrassed them because he said, "None of you ever do one iota of homework. You're all shooting from the hip. Review the contractsand know what you're talking about." He then said that all of the contracts are bonus loaded in 2021. Those will be spread over the contract. By all calculations, Bill still has over $45M to spend. The screen was silent when he said, "Yes, more than enough to pick up Deshaun Watson's $40M salary in 2021."

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over the past 3 years, Carson has more than 600 carries, 3000+ yards and 27 TDs. 4.7 yds per carry

Fournette has carried 465 times for 1945 yards and 14n TDs. 4.1 yards oer carry,

Hardly over rated. Just doesn't have the press that Fournette had nor did he play with Brady and the Bucs in the Super Bowl I Bill can get either one, that would be good. Truthfully, I don't think either is needed.
I'm not buying any of these comparative stats. Carson has played more of a change of pace role in that offense where the D plays a little looser to contain Wilson. Fournette has always been the main focus (well maybe not last year) of a defense. A strong back can always get a couple extra yards with a loose defense.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I watch every Seahawk game. Numbers can be deceiving. He has a great game and vanishes the next? Dealt with some small injuries. That's also a run blocking O line. They can't pass protect for shit. You could possibly get Fournette on a one year deal. I don't think Carson would sign a one year deal? Maybe because of the lower cap but RBs get injured too often.

Depending on what happens with the current crop of RBs, I'm thinking BB needs to find a RB somewhere. Whether that's a shifty little guy, a pass catcher or a bruiser depends on what the roster looks like come draft day.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Giardi was on Free Agent Frenzy and again on Boston Sports Tonight. They were discussing how much money Bill has spent and that there might not be enough to make anymore big splahes. Giardi dropped a bomb in the middle of the conversation and shocked everyone. He embarrassed them because he said, "None of you ever do one iota of homework. You're all shooting from the hip. Review the contractsand know what you're talking about." He then said that all of the contracts are bonus loaded in 2021. Those will be spread over the contract. By all calculations, Bill still has over $45M to spend. The screen was silent when he said, "Yes, more than enough to pick up Deshaun Watson's $40M salary in 2021."
Also no one are accounting for possible trades or releases that could save cap $. Bill if nothing else has always managed the cap well. When will talking heads realize Bill has forgotten more than most of them will ever know?