• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spent most of last night trying to get hold of the guys who I usually get my info from. I did talk to several of them and two of them said that they heard that BB was looking at Newman. Newman's biggst problem at WF was hesitation. He had a hiccup before he threw the ball as if he wanted to wait one more step before he delivered. This "camp" he went to isn't really a camp. It's some former NFL QB who spends at least two weeks working with senior level QBs and helps them with footwork, reading defenses, and has some kind of simulator that he uses like an indoor golf course. Anyway, newman spent a lot of time working with this guy and won't know 100% until he actually gets into a game to know if he cured the hiccups.

More interesting is that Dustin Crum worked out for a Patriot scout. The scout was so impressed that one of the Patriot "coaches" visited with him and they spent a half day working out. All reports are that Crum has some extraordinary ability to accurately put the ball exactly where he wants it to go. One of my guys says that he's seen at least seven of Crum's games and he thinks he could start for any pro team in 2021. He told me to get off my ass and check the college historical records for any other starting quarterback that had a completion record of 70% or above for two consecutive years at any level.
This may seem like a snark, but it's a serious question: Do you make money somehow with these efforts? You seem a little old to be a "social influencer", but it's the internet so anything is possible.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may seem like a snark, but it's a serious question: Do you make money somehow with these efforts? You seem a little old to be a "social influencer", but it's the internet so anything is possible.
I don't make a penny from sports and never have. My positions (Loss Control) in life have afforded me the opportunity to meet and become friends with many serious Patriots fans. I was also lucky enough to have spent two and a half days working in Coaches' Row and with other staff members of the Patriots. I met and talked with nearly every coach and staff member and actually got all of the work I was doing completed. Iwas doing ergonomic evaluation of all of their offices and workspaces.

Most the guys I talk with up here are in the late 50s to early 70s and they still have connections I no longer have.

I like to share whatever I'm told, especially at this time of year. It helps me stay interested and hopefully is of interest to others, whether they like or hate what I tell them.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like reading rumors, please don't read this, because it's a rumor and I can't defend it or deny it..............................................

The patriots could be part of trade that is supposedly underway. I don't have any of the details exactly:

The Miami Dolphins will trade Tua Tagovailoa, several first and second round picks to the Houston Texans.
The Houston Texans will trade Tua Tagovailoa to the New England Patriots for Their 2nd and a 4th round picks.

The reason??

The Chicago Bears have jumped both feet into the JG pool. Appears that they are willing to give up a 1st and 4th.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't like reading rumors, please don't read this, because it's a rumor and I can't defend it or deny it..............................................

The patriots could be part of trade that is supposedly underway. I don't have any of the details exactly:

The Miami Dolphins will trade Tua Tagovailoa, several first and second round picks to the Houston Texans.
The Houston Texans will trade Tua Tagovailoa to the New England Patriots for Their 2nd and a 4th round picks.

The reason??

The Chicago Bears have jumped both feet into the JG pool. Appears that they are willing to give up a 1st and 4th.
I don't understand. What does Miami get?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The reason??

No. I don't think there is any truth to this. I cannot see BB wanting Tua, I just don't think he is what the Phns hoped for. Word here in Florida is that they are less than enamored with him.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Trent Brown trade has started the rumor machine already.

Got a call from the barbershop already.

The Patriots will give up #15 and #111 (4th) and they get Kirk Cousins from the Vikings.

Personally, I think that this onr is total bullshit. Cousins has two years left on his contract and is owed $76M. $31M in 2021 and $45M in 2022. That's not BB at all, unless Cousins was willing to completely tear it up and go 3 years $75M. Even that might be a reach.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots will give up #15 and #111 (4th) and they get Kirk Cousins from the Vikings.

Personally, I think that this onr is total bullshit. Cousins has two years left on his contract and is owed $76M. $31M in 2021 and $45M in 2022. That's not BB at all, unless Cousins was willing to completely tear it up and go 3 years $75M. Even that might be a reach.

Not sure why he would take that kind of deal. Prescott just got $40 million coming off a serious injury. Anything less than $37 million a year won't happen with Cousins. He has shown he is not going to take a discount when it comes to signing with any team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Raiders will receive a 2022 fifth-round pick from the Patriots, while New England will receive a 2022 seventh-round choice and Brown, according to multiple reports.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you in another thread that this was Part 1.

NFL.com said that negotiations have been going on for at least three weeks. Here's why.................

The Raiders will trade QB Marcus Mariota and WR Keenlan Doss for Stephon Gilmore. The patriots are still attempting to get WR Hunter Renfro instead of Doss but the Raiders are trying not to let him go. This deal is very close and BB knows that the Raiders have both Carr and peterson signed and they must dump Mariota and Gilmore is a huge prize for them.

Watch this one closely.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you in another thread that this was Part 1.

NFL.com said that negotiations have been going on for at least three weeks. Here's why.................

The Raiders will trade QB Marcus Mariota and WR Keenlan Doss for Stephon Gilmore. The patriots are still attempting to get WR Hunter Renfro instead of Doss but the Raiders are trying not to let him go. This deal is very close and BB knows that the Raiders have both Carr and peterson signed and they must dump Mariota and Gilmore is a huge prize for them.

Watch this one closely.

God, I hope not.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per NESN and NFLTradeRumors.com, Isaiah Wynn may be headed out of Foxboro in a trade. No details. His rookie contract is up after 2021 and you know that Bill would rather move on a year early rather than a year late.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per NESN and NFLTradeRumors.com, Isaiah Wynn may be headed out of Foxboro in a trade. No details. His rookie contract is up after 2021 and you know that Bill would rather move on a year early rather than a year late.
I like Wynn would like to see him stay.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Wynn would like to see him stay.
So would I. Problem today is that LTs command big bucks. Bill isn't one to shell out huge dollars even for outstanding OL.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him too but:
We just got Trent Brown back for same position.
One year early thing,
We don't know the trade yet.
Maybe it's for Mahomes?
Maybe a DT is there a decent DT or Edge rusher out there? Or should we expect draft capital

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports this morning say that Stephon Gilmore is the target of at least 3 teams. The price is a 2nd round pick OR a 3rd round pick and a player. (WR?).

Also, Patriots have approached Marcus Cannon about a severe reduction in his salary. If he refuses, he'll be cut by Wednesday.

With Gilmore and Cannon gone, that adds nearly $18M to the war chest.

More rumors.....................................

Patriots main three targets on Wednesday are (1) WR Kenny Golladay, (2) TE Jonunu Smith , (3) DE Yannick Ngakoue

Ziegler will call Shaquille Barrett but all indication are the he wants Aaron Donald kind of money and the patriots won't go there.