• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut TE Tomlinson and cut Jordan Richards.

All the pieces are starting to fall into place.

BB knew that Josh was done. N'Keal will be activated Nov. 2. Sanu will play Sunday against the Browns to get a feel for the offense against a less than stellar defense. Bennett will be traded or released and BB will sign or trade for another TE.

If Burkhead can't be activated, Harris will be playing and my guess is that he'll get more than a passing sniff at the ball. Michel has a sore knee and he might be having a worse problem than is being discussed.

Bill will want all of the pieces that he wants for the game against the Ravens to be playing this week.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Josh Gordon thing is not making a whole lot of sense. Supposedly, he's not that hurt and could return very soon yet the Pats put him on IR. Rumor is he's going to be released. WTH?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow in the end he was really just a waste of the Pats time
Let's see what comes of this first. At this point he was a half year rental at $2M. He didn't have the year we were hoping for but he was/is part of NE being 7-0.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see what comes of this first. At this point he was a half year rental at $2M. He didn't have the year we were hoping for but he was/is part of NE being 7-0.
yep the bigger waste is AB who still counts 5 mil to the cap(the only number that matters to teams and probably why they didnt get sanders):suds:

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This applies to all the micro-judging of individual decisions over the past 20 years. I'm not saying the micro-judging doesn't make for worthy discussions, just that all decisions need to be judged both together and individually and when judged together the results speak for themselves.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep the bigger waste is AB who still counts 5 mil to the cap(the only number that matters to teams and probably why they didnt get sanders):suds:

Ashame he was such a flake. Watching him and TB was going to be a lot of fun.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this doesn't make me Nostradamus, but I did nail this.
Great minds must think alike. I mentioned in a different thread a day or two ago I hoped either Gordan or Harry would be placed on season ending IR just so NE didn't have to try and trade Meyers.
As bad as that sounds I feel no guilt.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im not so sure seems to me Gordon came to NE for the sole purpose of rehabbing. Rehabbing from Drugs, Rehabbing from injuries. I think both were a waste of money.

Well let's hope Harry is ready to play the the New England Therapists.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been listening to some very interesting comments.

First, Gordon came out of the Giants game after getting oddly tackled near the end zone. He went to the blue tent and then to the locker room. Nothing at all was sid until the injury report on Wednesday and he was listed as questionable with a knee injury. He did not practice and was ruled out against the Jets.

Second, Gordon has not been able to get separation since the game against the Steelers earlier this year, which indicates that he hurt the knee or something else. He hasn't been able to push defenders off and his speed is definitely affected.

Third, and possibly the most serious, is that he hasn't been openly available to the media either by his own choice or the team's.

The media believes that Gordon will be paid and allowed to heal and the patriots will waive him once he's ok. He will become a free agent and most likely sign with a contender. Bert Breer thinks that the Patriots will trade him before the deadline next week because his knee is not serious and the Pats don't want to take a chance of him doing any damage. This could be a two for one Gordon/Bennett for a tight end. The pats would really like to get Austin Hooper and the Falcons are going nowhere so sending both to Atlanta would give Josh time to fully heal and give Bennett a chance to shine in a very dull defense.........there may be other scenarios that havn't been explored but you pretty much hang your hat on a hook that says Gordon and Bennett will not be Patriots on October 30th.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, Gordon came out of the Giants game after getting oddly tackled near the end zone. He went to the blue tent and then to the locker room. Nothing at all was sid until the injury report on Wednesday and he was listed as questionable with a knee injury. He did not practice and was ruled out against the Jets.

Second, Gordon has not been able to get separation since the game against the Steelers earlier this year, which indicates that he hurt the knee or something else. He hasn't been able to push defenders off and his speed is definitely affected.

Third, and possibly the most serious, is that he hasn't been openly available to the media either by his own choice or the team's.

The media believes that Gordon will be paid and allowed to heal and the patriots will waive him once he's ok. He will become a free agent and most likely sign with a contender. Bert Breer thinks that the Patriots will trade him before the deadline next week because his knee is not serious and the Pats don't want to take a chance of him doing any damage. This could be a two for one Gordon/Bennett for a tight end. The pats would really like to get Austin Hooper and the Falcons are going nowhere so sending both to Atlanta would give Josh time to fully heal and give Bennett a chance to shine in a very dull defense.........there may be other scenarios that havn't been explored but you pretty much hang your hat on a hook that says Gordon and Bennett will not be Patriots on October 30th.

Wow that seems like a lot of speculation? But is Hooper really all that and a bag of chips?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow that seems like a lot of speculation? But is Hooper really all that and a bag of chips?

2019 Stats

Recep. 46
Yards 526
Av. 11.4
Longest 30
TD 4

Attachments

• upload_2019-10-24_9-51-25.png
    upload_2019-10-24_9-51-25.png
    1 KB · Views: 1
    1 KB · Views: 1
    1.1 KB · Views: 1

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the whole Lay’s factory compared to the other TE’s they’ve rolled out this year. He’s not Gronk, but he’s pretty good and he’s very young for a guy in his 4th year.

The bad news, he’s in his 4th year. I.e. he’s a FA at the end of the season and will surely be looking to get paid at or very near the top of the TE market. And Dimitroff said re-signing him was a top priority. We just gave them a 2 for Sanu, there’s probably no way they don’t want more than that for Hooper. Certainly a lot more than Bennett and Gordon.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well NE did ATL a solid on the Sanu deal and ATL just traded Vic Beasley so they could use a pass rusher.

Hooper is no Gronk but I think he'd do well in a NE offense.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’s the whole Lay’s factory compared to the other TE’s they’ve rolled out this year. He’s not Gronk, but he’s pretty good and he’s very young for a guy in his 4th year.

The bad news, he’s in his 4th year. I.e. he’s a FA at the end of the season and will surely be looking to get paid at or very near the top of the TE market. And Dimitroff said re-signing him was a top priority. We just gave them a 2 for Sanu, there’s probably no way they don’t want more than that for Hooper. Certainly a lot more than Bennett and Gordon.

And I can't see them taking a TE when the Saloon Doors have been swinging at Tackle. Hell do we really need another TE? Maybe we draft one this year but not sure about this.