• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck how many TEs are we supposed to sign this year?

Izzo and LaCosse will be out for a while, Tomlinson was signed off the street and Watson is 38 years old and isn't doing all the much. Dropping Tomlinson and signing just about anyone else who can 'catch' a football would be an upgrade.

Personally, I'd much rather see an OL signed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Izzo and LaCosse will be out for a while, Tomlinson was signed off the street and Watson is 38 years old and isn't doing all the much. Dropping Tomlinson and signing just about anyone else who can 'catch' a football would be an upgrade.

Personally, I'd much rather see an OL signed.

I agree earlier you mentioned signing a center moving Karas back to OG and when Wynn comes back instant upgrade.

RubinRock

Has a Well-Known Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck how many TEs are we supposed to sign this year?
Saw something about the Pats going after Eifert the hardest. But Cinci has a high price on him

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats have about 2.3 mil in cap space not sure how they are going to free up monies for anything more than a Coke and sack of Chips.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats have about 2.3 mil in cap space not sure how they are going to free up monies for anything more than a Coke and sack of Chips.

Just saw an article where BB said this morning that he couldn't really go hard after many players becuse he'll need money in second half of the season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a rumor that isn't earth-shattering but could be interesting as all hell......

Aaron Montiero OT and Najee Toran OG will be activated off the practice squad. No corresponding moves have been given.

If I had to make a wager, I'd say Newsome and Ferentz are done.

Montiero is 6'6" 315 lbs and Toran is 6'2" 305.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard a rumor that isn't earth-shattering but could be interesting as all hell......

Aaron Montiero OT and Najee Toran OG will be activated off the practice squad. No corresponding moves have been given.

If I had to make a wager, I'd say Newsome and Ferentz are done.

Montiero is 6'6" 315 lbs and Toran is 6'2" 305.

So a bad O line get's worse? Or will these be after the Ravens game so Scar has two week to try and make something work

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also being reported that BB pretty much told them to pound sand up their ass
I would think a simple "No Thanks" would work better for future relations.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So a bad O line get's worse? Or will these be after the Ravens game so Scar has two week to try and make something work

I have no idea. Caught me off guard and I have no idea how good either of these guys are. Montiero played at BC and was pretty good in college. Has very quick feet.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea. Caught me off guard and I have no idea how good either of these guys are. Montiero played at BC and was pretty good in college. Has very quick feet.
Is that so he can try to run down the DE that just blew past him?

Isn't Wynn back after week 9?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that so he can try to run down the DE that just blew past him?

Isn't Wynn back after week 9?
Don't get so upset. Just reporting a rumor.

How long will Wynn last?? 1 or 2 weeks?? Guy can't play without getting hurt.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get so upset. Just reporting a rumor.

How long will Wynn last?? 1 or 2 weeks?? Guy can't play without getting hurt.
I am by no means upset.

Just sucks that we are trying to plug in guys we never heard of.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come? Pretty tantalizing skill set. Certainly nothing close to it in the current group of TE’s.

Our TEs suck. Sony is the best runner we have.

With Damien Harris available, I can see trading Sony. The physical status of Burkhead has me concerned, however.

Harris can't even get on the field. We don't know how good he is. We know Sony is very good. I was excited we drafted Harris and I still am. I agree about Burkhead.

I would do that trade. Sony has lost something. I think it's more then just the beat up oline.

Sony has lost something. Both fullbacks and the online straight sucks.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I don’t think the downgrade from Sony to JW and Rex is nearly as big as the talent upgrade from the ham-and-egger TE’s we’ve been rolling out to Howard. Moot point anyway.

Gotta upgrade that spot next year.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harris can't even get on the field. We don't know how good he is. We know Sony is very good. I was excited we drafted Harris and I still am. I agree about Burkhead.

Sony has lost something. Both fullbacks and the online straight sucks.

Sony was having issues before everyone started going down. Bolden looked better than him the first couple of weeks.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so much crap going on that the people who are reporting these supposed rumors are totally missing the mark. Yesterday NBC Sports Boston was saying the Montiero was being activated and instead he gets released.
That probably means that the other guy isn't moving at all.

Now the talk is that Harry has been placed on the 53 man roster and Tomlinson was released.

Wynn will be activated after the Bye and play game 10 and someone else will be cut.

Devlin will remain on the IR for the remainder of the season and someone will have to be the lead blocker at the goal line.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's so much crap going on that the people who are reporting these supposed rumors are totally missing the mark. Yesterday NBC Sports Boston was saying the Montiero was being activated and instead he gets released.
That probably means that the other guy isn't moving at all.

Now the talk is that Harry has been placed on the 53 man roster and Tomlinson was released.

Wynn will be activated after the Bye and play game 10 and someone else will be cut.

Devlin will remain on the IR for the remainder of the season and someone will have to be the lead blocker at the goal line.

So Harry and Wynn coming back we expected that all along, or at least that was my understanding.

Lead block I elect.

Kyle VanNoy

BK You are old enough to remember when there was some integrity in the media, when the media researched and double checked things. No longer the case the media today will flat out lie and damn sure throw a quick headline out there regardless of how true it is. I have damn near zero confidence in the medial anymore.

Last edited:

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Harry and Wynn coming back we expected that all along, or at least that was my understanding.

Lead block I elect.

Kyle VanNoy

BK You are old enough to remember when there was some integrity in the media, when the media researched and double checked things. No longer the case the media today will flat out lie and damn sure throw a quick headline out there regardless of how true it is. I have damn near zero confidence in the medial anymore.

I guess it matters more how many 'clicks' you get rather than the quality and accuracy of your writing or reporting.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess it matters more how many 'clicks' you get rather than the quality and accuracy of your writing or reporting.

Click are indeed the only thing that matters. The more clicks the more advertising dollars. I work in a media driven industry here in Los Angeles and the only thing that matters to our media department as well as our partner's media departments is clicks. it's the only thing they talk about.