• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only problem there is we can’t really count on a healthy Wynn based on his track record so far. I know it’s largely been bad luck but I don’t want to pin the season on him and have him go right back out again, or not be as effective prior to this injury.

That said, almost every team in the league would like to trade for an OL upgrade, and the only clear one that should be available is being held hostage by his current team. Other than him, who are you gonna get that’s clearly better than Newhouse or Karras?

Agree it would be slim pickings. Just need to hope Wynn can remain healthy and play at his pre IR level.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots suspended Michael Bennett today for a week. He got into a "philisophical difference" argunment with the DL coach. He immediately apologized to the team and fans.

His cap number is $6.5M and Sanu for Bennett would fit nicely.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots suspended Michael Bennett today for a week. He got into a "philisophical difference" argunment with the DL coach. He immediately apologized to the team and fans.

His cap number is $6.5M and Sanu for Bennett would fit nicely.

Sanu's contract however, is one of the worst in NFL. No reneg - no Pats.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the trade for Moihamed Sanu in the books, the Patriots have 24 hours to make a move or whatever to fit Sanu's remaining $3.15M salary under the cap which has $2.4M space available.

Rumors this morning are that the patriots have a trade possibility already in place that will move Michael Bennett and his $2.6M salary somewhere.

A second rumor is that the second-round draft pick that the Pats traded to get Sanu will be placed by a second-round draft pick much higher in the draft because they have found a trade partner for Jakobi Meyers who has apparently impressed a lot of NFL teams.

With Bennett and Meyers gone, that would open a spot on the roster and that spot just might be for Trent Williams the OL of the Redskins. Which means that the 'Skins are not the Partner for Meyers unless there are more pieces to this puzzle. The patriots would have to move approx. $7M to acquire Williams.

Stay tuned, Tuesday is going to be very interesting and possibly very shocking for Pats fans.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the trade for Moihamed Sanu in the books, the Patriots have 24 hours to make a move or whatever to fit Sanu's remaining $3.15M salary under the cap which has $2.4M space available.

Rumors this morning are that the patriots have a trade possibility already in place that will move Michael Bennett and his $2.6M salary somewhere.

A second rumor is that the second-round draft pick that the Pats traded to get Sanu will be placed by a second-round draft pick much higher in the draft because they have found a trade partner for Jakobi Meyers who has apparently impressed a lot of NFL teams.

With Bennett and Meyers gone, that would open a spot on the roster and that spot just might be for Trent Williams the OL of the Redskins. Which means that the 'Skins are not the Partner for Meyers unless there are more pieces to this puzzle. The patriots would have to move approx. $7M to acquire Williams.

Stay tuned, Tuesday is going to be very interesting and possibly very shocking for Pats fans.

If Meyers is worth a second, then why not keep him instead of trading for Sanu. I get trade value is more than talent vs talent, but why not keep the kid who is performing right now.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Meyers is worth a second, then why not keep him instead of trading for Sanu. I get trade value is more than talent vs talent, but why not keep the kid who is performing right now.
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

You value him as a 2nd round pick, is next to nothing against the cap, is young and still improving, have him on a roookie deal which locks him down a few years. I too don't get it. As I said in the other thread I am not a fan of the Sanu pick up

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner.

You value him as a 2nd round pick, is next to nothing against the cap, is young and still improving, have him on a roookie deal which locks him down a few years. I too don't get it. As I said in the other thread I am not a fan of the Sanu pick up

Yeah.
Completely agree.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Josh Gordon be heading to the IR?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why they're called rumors.....if it's a planted story, then Meyers value is cranked up and someone might step up and offer a better deal for someone else. It could also be a ploy to make other teams think that the Patriots have something working and they might step forwar4d with an offer and the Pats get something they want and Meyers stays in Foxboro.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why they're called rumors.....if it's a planted story, then Meyers value is cranked up and someone might step up and offer a better deal for someone else. It could also be a ploy to make other teams think that the Patriots have something working and they might step forwar4d with an offer and the Pats get something they want and Meyers stays in Foxboro.
I heard someone offered 3 1st rounders (wink, wink, pretty clever). It was in the division so we'd rather settle for two first rounders outside the division.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just signed CB Justin Bethel. Not sure there was a need

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JUSTIN BETHELDB, NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Patriots signed CB Justin Bethel.
A core special teamer type, Bethel was cut by the Ravens on Monday. You may be shocked to learn that the Patriots play the Ravens in Week 9.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bethel didn't see the field on defense for Atlanta last year. He's a Pro Bowl special teamer but doesn't add much in terms of depth.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bethel didn't see the field on defense for Atlanta last year. He's a Pro Bowl special teamer but doesn't add much in terms of depth.

So exactly like Jordan Richards.

With the exception being Richards brings less the pro bowl talent to special teams.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots placed Josh Gordon (knee) on injured reserve, ending his 2019 season.