• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it just looked like he was quoting an article
Actually I was quoting an article written 7.31. I called up Trent Williams on Google to see his physical stats and the articles were numerous about him not reporting and why. Then I pick off a link about "Trade Talks" and that's where all of the teams I mentioned were named. If you Google him, you'll find all of the crap that's going on.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I was quoting an article written 7.31. I called up Trent Williams on Google to see his physical stats and the articles were numerous about him not reporting and why. Then I pick off a link about "Trade Talks" and that's where all of the teams I mentioned were named. If you Google him, you'll find all of the crap that's going on.
yeah, thanks, it appears we both did, and none saw mention of those teams, thanks.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, thanks, it appears we both did, and none saw mention of those teams, thanks.

My guess is that a lot of teams have probably called about his availability. Some serious, others not so.

Because of the animosity between the Texans and the Patriots, I can see how they might jump into the fray. The Browns have a ton of cap space and could use an upgrade at LT. The Broncos are always looking at anyone who's first tier. I don't know why the Steelers were mentioned other than they may have some cap space wiggle room. The Patriots would have to do two double back flips and a full gainer to to make room for Williams. The biggest move would be extending Brady for three years through 2023 in order to smooth out the money enough to fit almost $15M under the cap. It would also completely kill any chance of Gronk ever coming back in 2019 without making a huge cut in the present roster.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a rumor last night that the Texans have called Belichick looking for a RB and WR and are offering Clowney. The rest of the rumor is that BB is not interested in Clowney. The other part of the rumor is that Bolden and/or Burkhead and Dorsett are the pieces that could get moved.

Of course things get ridiculous after that because people start guessing about WHO or what the Patriots are looking for. Of course the first name is JJ Watt.....again, beyond the Texaans looking for people, there was nothing concrete.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard a rumor last night that the Texans have called Belichick looking for a RB and WR and are offering Clowney. The rest of the rumor is that BB is not interested in Clowney. The other part of the rumor is that Bolden and/or Burkhead and Dorsett are the pieces that could get moved.

Of course things get ridiculous after that because people start guessing about WHO or what the Patriots are looking for. Of course the first name is JJ Watt.....again, beyond the Texaans looking for people, there was nothing concrete.
Front 7 Defense is not what this team needs. If I am BB I feel pretty okay taking draft picks next year for Burkhead and Dorsett.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports this morning are saying that the NE Patriots will keep 6 WRs on the 53 man roster.

Julian Edelman
N'Keal Harry
Philip Dorsett
Josh Gordon
Demaryus Thomas
Jacobi Meyers

Plus 3 ST WRs

Matthew Slater
Braxton Berrios (punts)
Gunner Olsewski (kick offs) <possible practice squad>

Personally, I think Thomas and/or Dorsett are gone.......

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports this morning are saying that the NE Patriots will keep 6 WRs on the 53 man roster.

Julian Edelman
N'Keal Harry
Philip Dorsett
Josh Gordon
Demaryus Thomas
Jacobi Meyers

Plus 3 ST WRs

Matthew Slater
Braxton Berrios (punts)
Gunner Olsewski (kick offs) <possible practice squad>

Personally, I think Thomas and/or Dorsett are gone.......

Well to be honest that line up makes a lot of sense to me. But IMO Berios would be the odd man out. Gunner showed he can return punts and Brady seem to have finally gotten comfortable with Dorsett.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't get confirmation and no one is talking about it.................

Heard a rumor this morning that the Colts have offered their2020 2nd round pick for Stidham. If it's true and BB doesn't do it, that must mean that JS will be TB12's replacement.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Heard a rumor this morning that the Colts have offered their2020 2nd round pick for Stidham. If it's true and BB doesn't do it, that must mean that JS will be TB12's replacement.

Or maybe it's a rumor designed to piss off Brady. Don't take the bait!

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Since they cut Hoyer it sure seems like nothing more than a rumor.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Gunner O's day?

Told he was being released then just before the deadline he was told to stop packing his bags. He made the team.

I hope he dresses for every game for return duties if nothing else. Love this kids motor and versatility.

Congrats and welcome Gunner.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Gunner O's day?

Told he was being released then just before the deadline he was told to stop packing his bags. He made the team.

I hope he dresses for every game for return duties if nothing else. Love this kids motor and versatility.

Congrats and welcome Gunner.

And why not an occasional sweep? A tired defense could be easy prey.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And why not an occasional sweep? A tired defense could be easy prey.....

Sure or even a sideline or slant route or two. I just don't know if BB will dress him weekly.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we going to be returning punts weekly?

I hope we're returning a LOT of punts. That means the D is doing their job.

But does BB have enough room on the active game day roster to dress him for return duties only? I hope so. I don't want to see JE11 back there ever again.

But with Bolden, Slater, Ebner already ST only players I'm not sure what Bill will do?