1. Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Discussion in 'New England Patriots' started by BigKen, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Shoeshine Boy

Shoeshine Boy Humble & Lovable

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

I’d take Hoyer over anyone in this class for 2019.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. NWPATSFAN

NWPATSFAN Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 236

That's a good question. Hoyer would do if there is no one else. Does he lead us to a SB? Not likely.

Ettling none of us know what we have? So I'd have to rely on BB and Josh.

Depending on where NE selected any of the draft choices??? Maybe but there is no guarentee there either.

I'll stand by my third or fourth round pick. If TB goes down, oh well.

Next year has a better QB class as well as potential FAs to fill the TB void.

3. nefansince75

nefansince75 Active Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 1,000

Come on now... I'd throw a dart at the choices if it wouldn't break my phone. If you also added the eventual result with each choice, all would be "ain't fucking winning nuthin".

4. YankeeRebel

YankeeRebel Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,800

I think you have to try and find TB12s replacement this year, I feel they should have done it last year and a damn sure don't feel Hoyer or Etling are the answer. If there is a QB out there regardless of who that they feel has a lot of upside, a lot of room to improve with a good arm and football IQ taking a QB with those dynamics is not a reach with one of our top 3 picks

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. BigKen

BigKen Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 900

It's being said that BB has pretty much shut down any more free agent signings until after the draft. Supposedly, there aren't any players out there who were interested in playing for the Patriots until now and the phone doesn't stop ringng. Most the guys who are left thought that they would be signed long before now and teams know that they're desperate to get on a team before the draft. What was said is that a player who would get $3M+ before the draft will take the vet minimum after the draft. Belichick has said in the past that he wants players who want to be here, work hard and win the Super Bowl. Guys who are still out in free agent land failed to show that before now. Real panic will start to maniufest itself amongst the FAs come Saturday.

6. YankeeRebel

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,800

That is an intriguing comment.

7. BigKen

BigKen Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 900

The way it sounded is that none of these guys contacted the Pats during the first couple of weeks of free agency but now they're looking to hook on. They knew that the Pats pocketbook was a bit thin and hoped for bigger paydays. The Pats have some money now and everyone figures that Bill might be willing to part with it. Just goes to show that alot of players don't know how the Patriots actually work.

8. YankeeRebel

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,800

Yeah, I guess but by the same token I think as a player you need to look where you are at in your career. If you are on your 3rd or 4th contract you can't expect big numbers at the point you should be chasing a ring. The second contract is the critical contract the money grab if you will. So if any of these guys were post second contract I think it's fair to question their commitment to greatness vs wealth

• Like Like x 1
  9. redseat

redseat Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 943

Maybe the feel the chances of getting a ring with the Patriots is slim and don't want to take a vet minimum and would rather chase the money. Look at the Rams and Raiders spending like there is no tomorrow.. A player would be stupid to not try to get that type of money

• Like Like x 1
  10. YankeeRebel

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,800

Well there are two sides to all coins.

11. redseat

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 943

There are.. Right now it seems like the Patriots are content as to where they currently are standing. Hopefully they are just lulling everyone to sleep and kill it in the draft or a trade... Still have a bad feeling BB trades away most of the picks he has currently

12. YankeeRebel

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 2,800

If he trades them them it may be because pieces he is looking for are more abundant next year. Although I feel WR and D Line are needs and this is a great draft for both, don't be to surprised if he uses them all and maybe even moves up in the process.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Southieinnc

Southieinnc Ravens will miss his ass!

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 4,136

If it was the 1st game of the season, I'd use Hoyer. Hoyer plays well, I'd leave him in until he struggled. Then I'd put Etling in after he'd seen more practices.....

14. NWPATSFAN

NWPATSFAN Well-Known Member

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 236

I keep saying this draft for NE could go 100 different ways.

If BB trades a handful of this years picks it's because he has faith in last years rookie class finally getting on the field and proving their worth. They've had a year of study.

15. redseat

Hoopla Bookie:
    $ 943

Yes they have had a year to study and hopefully it pans out... I really hope the picks aren't traded away unless it's for a sure fire, jump right in and produce starter