• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another rumor about Josh Rosen.

3 teams are left in the running. The Giants, Chargers and Patriots.

Cardinals are not inclined to give Rosen to the Giants and have to possibly deal with him twice a year for the next 10 years. So the rumor is that the Giants have upped the ante and offered the #17 pick in the draft. The Cards are still not jumping the shark.

The Chargers have made an offer and most of the media believe it's the #36 pick in the second round.

Then there's the Patriots and the rumor is that they have offered the #54 (Chicago's 2nd) and the #79 in the 3rd.

Since no one has sat in on any of these supposed discussions, it's really hard to believe anything because the minute you invest your feelings, somebody will rip your heart out.

From the NH cheap seats, I don't think the Cardinals will deal Rosen to the Giants. If he somehow becomes a top QB, the Cardinals will not want to have to deal with the negative fallout, especially if they draft a dud QB. That leaves the Chargers and the Pats. The Chargers need to be extremely careful because Philip Rivers is a volitileego and no one knows how long he intends to play. He had an outstanding 2018 and if the Chatgers front office get Rosen, Rivers just might demand a trade screw the pooch in LA. The Paqtriots on the hand don't have to have Rosen. They want him and the Cardinals and Patriots have had a very positive trade relationship in the past, especially with Chandler Jones becoming an All-Pro. A second and third round pick could be perfect for the Cards and they would only possibly have to face Rosen in the 'distant' future.

Bill Belichick says that trades that are talked about never take place until the draft has actually started because a player that team wanted gets taken by someone else and now there's panic.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cardinals are not inclined to give Rosen to the Giants and have to possibly deal with him twice a year for the next 10 years. So the rumor is that the Giants have upped the ante and offered the #17 pick in the draft. The Cards are still not jumping the shark.

The Chargers have made an offer and most of the media believe it's the #36 pick in the second round.

Then there's the Patriots and the rumor is that they have offered the #54 (Chicago's 2nd) and the #79 in the 3rd.

Since no one has sat in on any of these supposed discussions, it's really hard to believe anything because the minute you invest your feelings, somebody will rip your heart out.

From the NH cheap seats, I don't think the Cardinals will deal Rosen to the Giants. If he somehow becomes a top QB, the Cardinals will not want to have to deal with the negative fallout, especially if they draft a dud QB. That leaves the Chargers and the Pats. The Chargers need to be extremely careful because Philip Rivers is a volitileego and no one knows how long he intends to play. He had an outstanding 2018 and if the Chatgers front office get Rosen, Rivers just might demand a trade screw the pooch in LA. The Paqtriots on the hand don't have to have Rosen. They want him and the Cardinals and Patriots have had a very positive trade relationship in the past, especially with Chandler Jones becoming an All-Pro. A second and third round pick could be perfect for the Cards and they would only possibly have to face Rosen in the 'distant' future.

Bill Belichick says that trades that are talked about never take place until the draft has actually started because a player that team wanted gets taken by someone else and now there's panic.

If they dont the #17 pick they are stupid.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they dont the #17 pick they are stupid.

I agree but dealing within your own division is always a double edged sword. That and if the Giants are willing to give up that much, then Rosen has more value than they thought and could score them a haul at the draft.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but dealing within your own division is always a double edged sword. That and if the Giants are willing to give up that much, then Rosen has more value than they thought and could score them a haul at the draft.
They are not in the same division they are in the same conference.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was scratching my head for a second too. They'll play every three years and if they match up in the playoffs.
Yep and that is why if they are offered the #17 pick they are fools not to take it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep and that is why if they are offered the #17 pick they are fools not to take it.
Heck, that's almost a wash... and completely worthy of giving up on Rosen in trade off for the higher sealing for Murray.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck, that's almost a wash... and completely worthy of giving up on Rosen in trade off for the higher sealing for Murray.
The Giants have the # 6 and #17 picks, they selected LuLetta out of Richmond last year, which tells me if they are that interested in Rosen, Eli is done. At # 6 they could take the best RT or LG available and still be in good shape

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I was thinking of the Cowboys not the Cardinals. Don't even ask me why.

The Cards are supposedly in love with Kyler Murray at #1 so they could get Jonah Williams the LT from Alabama with #17. The problem is that they don't have a Dante Scarneccia to coach him for four or five months before the season starts.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Damaryius Thomas visit to Foxboro was exploritory. The Pats wanted to get more info about his injury and his legal issues. What wasn't reported is that T.J. Yeldon visited Foxboro and could be a replacement foirJeremy Hill. Below is a piece of the article:

"Thomas tore his Achilles in December, and it’s not clear when he’ll be able to return to the field. Additionally, he was taken into police custody after being involved in a car accident in February. There’s been no new information on Thomas’ legal status recently, but each of these factors will likely make him an affordable potential signing for the Patriots.

Like Thomas, Yeldon hasn’t drawn any other known free agent interest since the market opened in mid-March. After starting for the Jaguars during his first two years in the NFL, Yeldon became a backup after Jacksonville drafted Leonard Fournette in 2017. Yeldon has averaged only four yards per carry since entering the league, but he’s been a consistent weapon in the passing game, averaging about 43 receptions per season. Football Outsiders ranked him among its top-20 most efficient pass-catching running backs in 2018."

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeldon could be interesting if they can get him to run to his size like they did with Blount. But I’d prefer re-signing Hill if he’s healthy. I don’t see Bay-Bay being much of a factor for anyone this year. If he’d popped the Achilles in camp last year maybe but December? Pass for this year.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This time of year all rumors are lies - unless they are lying about lying.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King says that the Patriots are out of the Rosen Race. The price is becoming too high.

He says that they will throw a dart at some college QB and hope for the best.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peter King says that the Patriots are out of the Rosen Race. The price is becoming too high.

I'm fine with this. Just as long as it's not one of their first four picks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm fine with this. Just as long as it's not one of their first four picks.

Cmon Clayton Thorsen and I am okay with it being one of their first four picks why not?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon Clayton Thorsen and I am okay with it being one of their first four picks why not?
I don't see the talent there. This draft is loaded with potential DL/DE/TE/WR not so much on the QB. take a chance 4th round or later and hope to catch lightning again. Use the first 4 on those that are showing real talent now and hope you're right.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want to catch lightning maybe they need to target the slow kid with the middle aged "dad bod" again.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the talent there. This draft is loaded with potential DL/DE/TE/WR not so much on the QB. take a chance 4th round or later and hope to catch lightning again. Use the first 4 on those that are showing real talent now and hope you're right.
Because it's loaded you can afford to wait. QBs with a lot of upside are not a reach in round 2 or 3. If memory serves the Pats have picks in round 1 (1) round 2 (2) and rounds three (3). I would have no issue taking a QB with a lot of potential with that second pick in round 2 or trading up with the three picks in round three.

TE
DT
WR/QB IMO

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's loaded you can afford to wait. QBs with a lot of upside are not a reach in round 2 or 3. If memory serves the Pats have picks in round 1 (1) round 2 (2) and rounds three (3). I would have no issue taking a QB with a lot of potential with that second pick in round 2 or trading up with the three picks in round three.

TE
DT
WR/QB IMO

My point is who has that potential? I'm not even sold on Murray, Haskins or Lock.

I'd wait till late 3rd or 4th for Will Grier from WV like I had in my mock. If he goes early I'd take Kyle Shurmur from Vandie likely in the 5th or late 4.

Granted lots of talent in this one yet lots better potential the higher you select.

NE can wait another year to find a QB if necessary.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is who has that potential? I'm not even sold on Murray, Haskins or Lock.

I'd wait till late 3rd or 4th for Will Grier from WV like I had in my mock. If he goes early I'd take Kyle Shurmur from Vandie likely in the 5th or late 4.

Granted lots of talent in this one yet lots better potential the higher you select.

NE can wait another year to find a QB if necessary.

I tend to agree with you, but Brady is at an age where it takes less to knock him out of the season than it does for a 22 year old. We're getting to the point (2020) where some of the guys that will be drafted were not born when Brady won his first Superbowl in 2001. The Patriots have to find theirnext starting quarterback now. They can't depend on Hoyer or Etling if TB goes down.

Interesting question..........

If TB12 was injured and placed on the IR in the first preseason game, who would you want to see take over for him?

1. Brian Hoyer
2. Danny Etling
3. One of many available QBs in this year's draft? Grier, Jones, Finley, Thorson, Stidham, Shurmer, Jackson?