• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but getting back to the original topic, Would you view Joe Thomas' career differently if he signed a team friendly deal with the Patriots last year, then retired with the ring, as opposed to his current "ringless state"?
To me, no. He's an all-time elite HOF LT either way. Assuming he was the starting LT for the Pats in this scenario, it would only enhance an already stellar career, because it was basically the only thing he didn't accomplish as a player. And if he was just coat-tailing from the bench, I don't see where that would've detracted from his achievements in Cleveland in any meaningful way.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, no. He's an all-time elite HOF LT either way. Assuming he was the starting LT for the Pats in this scenario, it would only enhance an already stellar career, because it was basically the only thing he didn't accomplish as a player. And if he was just coat-tailing from the bench, I don't see where that would've detracted from his achievements in Cleveland in any meaningful way.

I agree, but I do not have a HOF vote.
HOF voters are...corruptible.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money being equal. If you had to choose two rings and no HOF or the HOF and no rings what do you choose?

I think I take the rings. Tough tough call though.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are exactly highlighting my point. Of course this is my point in my opinion. Hind sight really helps too. JT wins a ring and all it means is he played as well as Trent Brown. As well as Brown played this year, a Trent Brown season for JT is substandard. Even if he has a standard JT year, those contributions would not have helped the team win the ring, though we could argue it may have helped them win it more easily.
Money being equal. If you had to choose two rings and no HOF or the HOF and no rings what do you choose?

I think I take the rings. Tough tough call though.
So one you are proven to be the top of your profession, and the other that you were in good company?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Josh Rosen trade rumor is continuing to pick up steam. No one can quite put it to rest. Everyone is scratching at anything until next Wednesday.

The Brady/Beckham instagrams have the media starting to formulate anything that will land OBJ in Foxboro for more than a test drive of Brady's Aston Martin.

The biggest buzz is that Tre Flowers was in Springfield, MA last night and was dropping a puck at the Springfield Thunderbirds hockey game and said to crowd, "We have six Lombardis and we all want seven". That immediately sent rings of fire through the Northeast. Is Tre Flowers telling everyone that he's planning on being back with the Patriots to try for a 7th Championship? They've been discussing what they all think BB will pay him.

I saw the video on NBC Early Edition tonight.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that the Patriots have been in touch with Randall Cobb. Injuries have slowed the Packer wide receiver but he didn't have a terriblr year in 2018. He might be a good fit for a Patriots team that desperately needs some decent hands to catch the football.

Another blurb I heard was that Clay Matthews has been speaking with the Patriots. he's 32 and near the end of a very good career, and in the right circumstance just might be a valuable piece for a team. The Patriots appear to be fat at LB, but Matthews could play the edge. Nothing more than this, but he's probably contacted a number of teams. He might be a cheap addition.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami released Danny Amendola. Could be a nice inexpensive alternative to the NE WR woes?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do we pay an old, part-time receiver hero? Not 6.....
No not 6. That's for sure. I'm not sure how many offers he'll get? But Bill should put a feeler out to him. He seemed to enjoy his time in NE. Reduced his salary twice IIRC? Pretty sure he realizes after playing in Miami it ain't all about the dough.
$3M plus incentives?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved playoff Danny.
We need a regular season WR too.
I agree but how much of that was scheme and Brady more comfortable with his binkies?

DA on the cheap and use a pick or two in the draft. A slot guy to learn behind DA and JE and a nice big WO would make me happy.

Regardless NE will be in the POs again. Saving Danny may not be a bad thing. He also gives you that return ability.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not 6. That's for sure. I'm not sure how many offers he'll get? But Bill should put a feeler out to him. He seemed to enjoy his time in NE. Reduced his salary twice IIRC? Pretty sure he realizes after playing in Miami it ain't all about the dough.
$3M plus incentives?

If we sign Amendola, we lose Dorsett.
I get that he wants to start.
I get that Amendola has history with Brady,
I get that we want to "load up" for Brady's last season,

Losing a 25 year old for a 34 year old we have already said goodbye to I don't get.....

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sign Amendola, we lose Dorsett.
I get that he wants to start.
I get that Amendola has history with Brady,
I get that we want to "load up" for Brady's last season,

Losing a 25 year old for a 34 year old we have already said goodbye to I don't get.....

I find Amendola more of an asset to the NE offense and STs. He'll also be a cheaper option. NE only parted ways with him because of $ it wasn't because of his on or off field performance.

If I could only have one today give me DA assuming he's not hiding any injury.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That surprises me considering that Flores knows how valuable DA can be. Then again, Flores will be dumping Tannehill and starting anew so keeping around DA might not be worthwhile. That brings us to NE......

Amendola wasn't injured at least seriously last season. He was really used all that much, then again the Dolphins were not throwing the ball all that much.

I could see BB offering him $2M and incentives for a 1 year deal. DA is not a starting downfield threat, he's more a 3rd down 3rd or 4th option. AND he knows how to get open in the end zone and near the end zone which 85% of WRs in the NFL cannot do.

Dorsett wants to start and with there being less than star WRs on the market, he'll most likely sign elsewhere. Hogan may also fall into that same category.

Randall Cobb is 28 and could be a possibility for te Pats .

DA maybe 34 but he's probably a perfect fit for the Patriots, both talent and moneywise.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are at least ten rumors flying around about different players. I thought I'd try to sort them out and put a list here so we can either laugh or or say we knew about it before it happened.

Michael Bennett DE Eagles Trade to Patriots along with 2020 7th for Patriots 2020 5th.
Martellus Bennett TE (Retired) Unretiring to play on Patriots with brother Michael
Danny Amendola WR Dolphins Released by Dolphins wants to return to Patriots
Randall Cobb WR Packers FA who Patriots tried to trade for 2018. Interested in playing for BB and possibly winning ring.
Jason McCourty CB/S Patriots FA who says he would like to finish career playing alongside twin brother Devin

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find Amendola more of an asset to the NE offense and STs. He'll also be a cheaper option. NE only parted ways with him because of $ it wasn't because of his on or off field performance.

If I could only have one today give me DA assuming he's not hiding any injury.

I'd like to keep young and sure-handed Dorsett. If Amendola was 30 it would be a slam dunk under the current circumstances. We really need to stock and play some young(er) receivers. Dorsett might not be too expensive. Do we pass on Amendola while Dorsett is listening to offers?

How do you feel about Dorsett if Gronk, Amendola, Hogan, and Edelman are all gone next year?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems that the Patriots have been in touch with Randall Cobb. Injuries have slowed the Packer wide receiver but he didn't have a terriblr year in 2018. He might be a good fit for a Patriots team that desperately needs some decent hands to catch the football.

Another blurb I heard was that Clay Matthews has been speaking with the Patriots. he's 32 and near the end of a very good career, and in the right circumstance just might be a valuable piece for a team. The Patriots appear to be fat at LB, but Matthews could play the edge. Nothing more than this, but he's probably contacted a number of teams. He might be a cheap addition.

Clay Matthews has lost a step.....

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I loved playoff Danny.
We need a regular season WR too.
Was there a year the Pats didn't make the playofss with Danny? I get the point though, with better production the Pats could had home field during 12, 13 and 15.