• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rosen News

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As each day goes by and we get closer to the draft, Rosen's value goes down and the chances of Arizona trading him diminish. Best bet is...if he's not traded by April 15th (there's great irony in using that day) then there's a near 100% chance that he remains with the Redbirds and their top pick is defensive. (probably Bosa)

And that is fine. If they don't get Rosen just roll with what they have at this time. Just don't focus entirely on the upcoming season (like they always do). Don't trade the farm for a top 5 pick when there are not any Andrew Luck type QBs in this draft. If things don't work out just wait & take your future QB in next year's draft.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best value is Rosen for a 3rd. If the Cards don't bite, take a flyer on Rypien and we have 3 QB's on the roster. Start Keenum and develop Rypien. Can always take another rookie next season as well. I'm for value and not trading up to get a QB. If Rosen is acquired, trade down for additional picks in round 2-3.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rypien has no arm. I just don't see him being to make all the throws.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff George had an arm. :noidea:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we can jon gruden it bring in 10 qbs in otas and in practice and camp and let them all battle keep the best 3.. ok maybe not 10 but you can bring in around 7 to 8

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish i was a Gm of a football team sometimes I think these people in charge over think everything

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with keenum but I know he wont last all 16 games just like 95 percent of our roster can't... you have to draft a qb in the first or 2nd rd period if you pass on rosen .. if you do and lock ,Haskins are gone you can try your best to trade down take grier or the duke guy around 23-27

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish i was a Gm of a football team sometimes I think these people in charge over think everything

Me too coach, not sure if I prefer you to Jerrah or not but I wouldn't mind you being GM of the Cowboys. :thumb:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Keep in mind that some of the Skins personnel guys actually might have great ideas that subsequently get shot down by Snyder & co. Likewise Snyder/Allen might have some dumb ideas that get pushed through in spite of objections from some of the staff. This is no different than any company where you have to do things to please the boss even when you don't agree with them.

I think that working in an NFL FO is way more difficult than many would believe. These folks don't have full control over decisions (at least certainly not with the Redskins).

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issue with keenum but I know he wont last all 16 games just like 95 percent of our roster can't... you have to draft a qb in the first or 2nd rd period if you pass on rosen .. if you do and lock ,Haskins are gone you can try your best to trade down take grier or the duke guy around 23-27

Why? Again this is the mindset that stresses that all that matters is the upcoming season. If they feel that they can't get a true franchise QB in this draft without trading the farm then why not simply wait till the 2020 draft?

Go with Keenum & pick a project QB in the mid rounds. At best you get the next Wilson/Cousins/etc that can lead your team. At worst you waste a mid-round pick & find your future QB in the 2020 draft (which supposedly will have way more top notch QBs.) Again - good teams build for the future & don't simply focus on the upcoming season (especially when a team like the Redskins don't appear to be legit contenders for the upcoming season).

BTW - nobody knows if Keenum or anyone else on the Skins will get hurt. A lot of that depends on luck & things like the health of the O line. Keenum could play all 16 games or he could get hurt in game 1 - absolutely nobody knows how that will pan out. Beyond that if he did get hurt the odds are great that the young QB who takes over will struggle in season 1 (happens all the time) so in that case you are really only playing for the 2020 season anyhow.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pick a qb at the right spot for value . Don’t reach

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or we can jon gruden it bring in 10 qbs in otas and in practice and camp and let them all battle keep the best 3.. ok maybe not 10 but you can bring in around 7 to 8

I don't know this as completely true, but, didn't Steve Spurrier do this? If so, I certainly hope that the results will be better than what we ended up with in quarterbacks Danny Wuerffel and Shane Matthews.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Again this is the mindset that stresses that all that matters is the upcoming season. If they feel that they can't get a true franchise QB in this draft without trading the farm then why not simply wait till the 2020 draft?

Go with Keenum & pick a project QB in the mid rounds. At best you get the next Wilson/Cousins/etc that can lead your team. At worst you waste a mid-round pick & find your future QB in the 2020 draft (which supposedly will have way more top notch QBs.) Again - good teams build for the future & don't simply focus on the upcoming season (especially when a team like the Redskins don't appear to be legit contenders for the upcoming season).

BTW - nobody knows if Keenum or anyone else on the Skins will get hurt. A lot of that depends on luck & things like the health of the O line. Keenum could play all 16 games or he could get hurt in game 1 - absolutely nobody knows how that will pan out. Beyond that if he did get hurt the odds are great that the young QB who takes over will struggle in season 1 (happens all the time) so in that case you are really only playing for the 2020 season anyhow.

While I agree with your sentiment on the subject, the facts are, that this draft only has two guys with a legitimate shot at being a TRUE franchise QB. I'm pretty sure that there will be others who's stock will rise as the draft draws near, but if we're honest, their rise will be more the result of desperation than what their resumes' say they are.

My thinking on this is, move up to get one of these top two guys, or pass until next year when the number of top flight guys are projected to be twice the number in this draft.

Now while waiting might seem to be a bit risky considering this team's penchant to finish at or near .500 annually, if we do indeed wait, this team would still have to pay the price to move up next year in order to get their man. What this organization nor its' fans cannot afford to do is become paralyzed by the failure that surrounded and included RGIII into a position that moving up is never worth the risk that comes with it.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is DO NOT move up. If Murray is the top rated QB now and he may well be by more than half the teams. He is still the size of one of the LollyPop kids and has an out to go play baseball at any time he choses. Why surrender draft picks for this type of scenario? Now 10 years from now you might come back and say "see, he was great." My comment would be "you were right." I just don't trust this FO not screw this up.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont even care what Jay Gruden thinks hell he probaly said fuck no on A.D

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
… and the Redskins FO :hardy::wank:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you consider Reed to Patriots for a 3rd?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thinking is DO NOT move up. If Murray is the top rated QB now and he may well be by more than half the teams. He is still the size of one of the LollyPop kids and has an out to go play baseball at any time he choses. Why surrender draft picks for this type of scenario? Now 10 years from now you might come back and say "see, he was great." My comment would be "you were right." I just don't trust this FO not screw this up.

Is that always going to be your position with respect to this team, Dan and Bruce? If so, what happens next year if they stand pat at 15 without drafting a QB then finishes , once again, at or near .500?