• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wk 14...@ AZ

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that Heinz Field banned Duck Calls.

That seems like a dumb move on the teams part.

I hope there are a lot of duck call snatch smugglers ready to put their cooch to service of the cause.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been beating that dead horse for months! TEs get no love in Fichtner's schemes. Every reception for them by design is at or near the LOS. Considering the talent & capital they have invested at TE, it's baffling. I know they play a big part in the run game, but they need to find new ways to get them involved. Like I said many times before, it could do wonders for the confidence of a QB to have that reliable outlet inside & out.

Curious... What does the all-22 look like in regards to the TEs? Are they not getting open? Are the schemes just not tailored to them in passing situations? I'm assuming they are rarely ever the 1st read unless its by design (screens, rub-release at LOS, etc).
Tackle Eligible got himself wide open yesterday, but Duck pulled it and ran for 23 yards instead.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been beating that dead horse for months! TEs get no love in Fichtner's schemes. Every reception for them by design is at or near the LOS. Considering the talent & capital they have invested at TE, it's baffling. I know they play a big part in the run game, but they need to find new ways to get them involved. Like I said many times before, it could do wonders for the confidence of a QB to have that reliable outlet inside & out.

Curious... What does the all-22 look like in regards to the TEs? Are they not getting open? Are the schemes just not tailored to them in passing situations? I'm assuming they are rarely ever the 1st read unless its by design (screens, rub-release at LOS, etc).

All22...the last game, (CLE) I was focusing on Duck and the WRs routes and how much quicker he releases the ball than Rudolph. I'll look it again this evening and focus on the TEs in the passing game. This game won't drop until Wed.

But just based on how Ben used them, I don't think they were ever really #1 read vs man for sure, but vs zone, he would always find them if they found a soft spot and made themselves a target. I think they wanted to start doing some deep seam routes with Ben/Ladarius Green, but that was short lived.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All22...the last game, (CLE) I was focusing on Duck and the WRs routes and how much quicker he releases the ball than Rudolph. I'll look it again this evening and focus on the TEs in the passing game. This game won't drop until Wed.

But just based on how Ben used them, I don't think they were ever really #1 read vs man for sure, but vs zone, he would always find them if they found a soft spot and made themselves a target. I think they wanted to start doing some deep seam routes with Ben/Ladarius Green, but that was short lived.
Sort of a mute point to investigate it, so no need to go out of your way. Just keep that thought in the back of your mind during the next film session lol.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love a relationship like that between teammates.
Reminds me of my relationship with all of my friends. Always threatening each other in a loving sort of way.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call. They were quick to integrate #80 into the deep passing game...#17 looks to be a better option.

To be honest, with Juju out the last few games, I'm shocked the TEs haven't gotten more targets...yesterday #89 got 1 and #88 got 0.
I understand McDonald only getting one target since he left with a concussion but zero to Vannett makes no sense.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Cain I couldn't agree more with everyone else.
With that said though is it we like him more due to the abilities/expectations of the talent the Steelers have or is he looking that good? Every time I see the ball near him something positive happens and just trying to figure out why teams passed on him.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said though is it we like him more due to the abilities/expectations of the talent the Steelers have or is he looking that good? Every time I see the ball near him something positive happens and just trying to figure out why teams passed on him.
If you follow any Colts media you would see some side to the story. Those media circles, both national & fanbased, all crucified the Colts routinely for letting Cain walk with how meager the talent was above him. He was a camp & offseason darling for 2 years running. His rookie year was cut short to torn ACL in the preseason so his name wasn't household for anybody. I think this was a big part of why the Colts kept him buried. He was working his way back to health.

It's actually quite funny to see the twitter reactions after EVERY catch he makes. Colts fans are still very emotional over it. He only has 3 catches for 62yds, and you'd think the Colts let go of the next Julio Jones lol.

For me... He's looking that good. He's going to make the roster next year... mark my words. If he can cement himself in these next 3-4 games (playoffs pending), then we can alleviate ourselves of the WR discussion during draft analysis/mocks/etc.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand McDonald only getting one target since he left with a concussion but zero to Vannett makes no sense.

Oh...that does makes sense with McD...they throw so infrequently to them that I didn't realize he had gotten dinged.

Likely to see Gentry get some snaps...would love to see him get a RZ target!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh...that does makes sense with McD...they throw so infrequently to them that I didn't realize he had gotten dinged.

Likely to see Gentry get some snaps...would love to see him get a RZ target!
Would love to see ANY TE get a RZ target. Seems like 9/10 times they aren't even on the field in RZ passing situations.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cain...seems to have great body control while in the air. Just based on his Steeler tape alone, I think this would be the case, but if he keeps making those contested catches, he will have a job somewhere in the league next yr. PIT should be the team.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cain...seems to have great body control while in the air. Just based on his Steeler tape alone, I think this would be the case, but if he keeps making those contested catches, he will have a job somewhere in the league next yr. PIT should be the team.
I'd love to see what the kid can do with a larger workload. Even just to see him get the ball in space like the way Haley used to scheme for Marty B. Get that freakish gazelle the rock and see what he does with it!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info on Cain. Was trying to understand what caused the Colts to let him go. It seems like a major mistake from their perspective.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info on Cain. Was trying to understand what caused the Colts to let him go. It seems like a major mistake from their perspective.
I think ultimately the emergence of Parris Campbell & Zach Pascal did Cain in. Couple that with FA acquisition Devin Funchess. The Colts just had too many big-bodied vertical guys heading into the season. But what puzzles me the most is Funchess went on IR Sept 10th opening the door for Cain. Steelers didn't snipe him off their PS until Nov. 16th. Colts essentially sat on that golden egg for over 2 months. Granted they went 5-2 in the months of Sept-Oct, so they weren't hard pressed for changes or talent. Cain was an "Ace in the Hole" that the Colts just kept praying would stick around on their PS. They still SHOULD have moved him up the moment Funchess went down. If Cain proves to be as good as he looks, the Colts are going to forever remember that blunder. And being conference rivals, the Steelers will be sure to keep that wound fresh.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit this is a pretty genius move against the spread offense in the RZ.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta admit this is a pretty genius move against the spread offense in the RZ.

You can see whoever is there at MLB was spy (Barron? Vincenzo?) just keeps himself planted from the snap until Murray rolls to his right, and shadows. Boom or bust play. Really only had to make that one guy miss if he tried to run it in, which he should have.

That said, open field tackling of Murray was on point all night. Gives some hope for the rematch with Balt, which will be a much harder game.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was neither. You can see it better here. They gave the most important job on that play to Bush.

HIGHLIGHT: Watt picks off Murray in end zone

I think if Larry would have dragged out wider, pulling Vinny with him, Kyler might have actually tried to run that in one on one.