• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roger Goodell: Absolutely no settlement with Tom Brady!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the defense, really I do, but you don't get to make up your own reality. Which NFL owners are losing money exactly?
All of them. What are you missing? If the NFL made $1,000,000,000. Last year. Then they decided to throw $40,000,000 at a frvivolous law suit. They lost $40,000,000 collectively. I'm just throwing numbers out, the actual numbers don't matter until it really starts to hurt. Like a strike.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of them. What are you missing? If the NFL made $1,000,000,000. Last year. Then they decided to throw $40,000,000 at a frvivolous law suit. They lost $40,000,000 collectively. I'm just throwing numbers out, the actual numbers don't matter until it really starts to hurt. Like a strike.

Fun with numbers. Which NFL owners are in the red? Not in the black.

I make 50G's a year. If I blow a hundred bucks getting high or betting at the track, then sure, I've 'lost' a hundred bucks. It's disingenous as fvck to say that I 'lost' money that same year.

The NFL spends money on all kinds of things. Are they 'losing' money because they're paying Roger's salary?

C'mon now.

Like I say, you don't get to make up reality. The NFL is flush with cash. There's no dissatisfaction amongst the owners with Roger Dodger. They're raking it in. Flush. Happy as cats in the sun.

You want to argue that the NFL SHOULDN'T pursue Brady? Go ahead. You might even convince me.

But saying that the owners are 'losing' money?

Heh.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fun with numbers. Which NFL owners are in the red? Not in the black.

I make 50G's a year. If I blow a hundred bucks getting high or betting at the track, then sure, I've 'lost' a hundred bucks. It's disingenous as fvck to say that I 'lost' money that same year.

The NFL spends money on all kinds of things. Are they 'losing' money because they're paying Roger's salary?

C'mon now.

Like I say, you don't get to make up reality. The NFL is flush with cash. There's no dissatisfaction amongst the owners with Roger Dodger. They're raking it in. Flush. Happy as cats in the sun.

You want to argue that the NFL SHOULDN'T pursue Brady? Go ahead. You might even convince me.

But saying that the owners are 'losing' money?

Heh.
You've never owned a business have you? I had a business partner like you once. He thought as long as money was coming in he could spend on frivilous items. Unfortunately, our business wasn't a multi-billion $ business. So our bottom line was affected much more quickly then the NFLs. We're no longer in business together. Look I'm not saying any owner is worried they'll have to start earing Ramen anytime soon. But if Roger continues on this path he's been on the last two years. The owners will get very tired of losing millions. No owner likes to lose any amount of money.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never owned a business have you?

Yes, I spent 10 years self employed. Every holiday I took was money 'lost.'

It wasn't correct however to say that I was 'losing' money. If Roger continues on the path he's been on (riding the TV contract gravy train), he'll be ushered into the sunset eventually with a golden handshake worth 10's of millions, and his name on something.

Again, you don't get to make up your own reality.

The worst owners in the NFL are making money hand over fist. FAAAAAR beyond what they could make in conventional businesses or investments.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I spent 10 years self employed. Every holiday I took was money 'lost.'

It wasn't correct however to say that I was 'losing' money. If Roger continues on the path he's been on (riding the TV contract gravy train), he'll be ushered into the sunset eventually with a golden handshake worth 10's of millions, and his name on something.

Again, you don't get to make up your own reality.

The worst owners in the NFL are making money hand over fist. FAAAAAR beyond what they could make in conventional businesses or investments.
Selling yourself for the next fix doesn't actually equal being self employed. Reality is you're chosing to pick and choose what points you want to debate.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Selling yourself for the next fix doesn't actually equal being self employed. Reality is you're chosing to pick and choose what points you want to debate.

Heh. Yeah, you going personal is obviously evidence that you've won the argument.

Owners 'aren't going to be eating Ramen anytime soon' = owners not being in the red.

Owners aren't losing money.

My manwhoredom aside.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. Yeah, you going personal is obviously evidence that you've won the argument.

Owners 'aren't going to be eating Ramen anytime soon' = owners not being in the red.

Owners aren't losing money.

My manwhoredom aside.
You're very good at cherry picking I will give you that:thumb:
The selling yourself was a joke. At least that was the way I meant it but maybe I hit a sore spot (no pun intended)

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're very good at cherry picking I will give you that:thumb:
The selling yourself was a joke. At least that was the way I meant it but maybe I hit a sore spot (no pun intended)

Yep, that's why I put the 'heh' in there.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I see 2nd grade math is too much for you. Let's try this one sweetie. Your parents make $50k a year. They charge you $50k to live in their basement. That's 100k. Are you following?
Living in the trailer park they are well off financially. Now the trailer park mangers takes $1k away from them. Do you think they don't mind?

Their trailer has a basement?

tedman2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 981.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well you're close, good for you. Beside the owners involved in the failed sting a bunch of owners bought into the hype just like you. Roger, Vincent. Mort, ESPN, Wells, you, Hammer... all beating that drum. Just to find out there was no proof. The NFL is in this with both feet now. "If" the 2nd court hears this again, and "if" they find for the NFLPA it will be very interesting which owners still favor Rogers egomaniac tactics? The owners eyes have been opened. They also know now their franchise QB could be suspended for throwing gum on the sidewalk if RG feels it violates the (cough, cough) integrity of the shield. No franchise QB likely means less wins, less viewers, less $. Owners are owners because they like making $ not continually losing it because of one idiot.
yes 1 idiot named tom brady

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree on no settlement AT THIS POINT. The time for a settlement was when it first went to Berman and he gave them weeks to come to an agreement. Both sides were idiots for not getting it done and ending this drama then. But, now Brady needs to take his medicine IMO. I still feel the penalty is ridiculously harsh for what he did, but he made this whole mess into a two year issue by lying and refusing to be accountable so at this point I wouldn't settle either if I was the NFL.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The day I saw that mob screaming "free Hernandez" outside jail with one of his murder victim's poor mother walking inside I gave up any regard for this fanbase.

I'm sorry but I can't respect these people ever again.

You hurt me with your words.

200_s.gif

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was with you up to this point, but you're conveniently forgetting that these owners were all mega-wealthy before they became a member of the club.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have BB hang it up before Brady. His record isn't too good w/o Tom. His coaching last 6 games cost the Pats HFA

Gotta agree with this. I was baffled by a lot of his decisions. Especially the onside kick versus the Eagles. Dumb Dumb Dumb!

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goodell refuses to negotiate with a cheater.

Pats fans throw a hissy-fit.

Nor should he.

Getting off with only 4 games is getting off easy.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You've never owned a business have you? I had a business partner like you once. He thought as long as money was coming in he could spend on frivilous items. Unfortunately, our business wasn't a multi-billion $ business. So our bottom line was affected much more quickly then the NFLs. We're no longer in business together. Look I'm not saying any owner is worried they'll have to start earing Ramen anytime soon. But if Roger continues on this path he's been on the last two years. The owners will get very tired of losing millions. No owner likes to lose any amount of money.

Paying employees and contractors (such as attorneys) is a cost of doing business.

If they wanted this case to stop, it would've after Berman's abomination of a judicial opinion.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1185146_o.gif

Leave Tom Brady alone!

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to put this in the past. Makes the league look bad if you ask me.