• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roger Goodell: Absolutely no settlement with Tom Brady!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love nothing more than to not beat this dead horse, but I find it interesting that when anyone on here turns the tables on you & uses the same questions that you ask to deflect the Pats cheating, you either dismiss or avoid the questions altogether, or use the media as a definite fact for a so-called "sting" operation... The same media that you won't believe when it comes as a detriment to your team. Only when it works in your favor. You want evidence to condemn the Pats, but don't want to have to show any whatsoever to prove that they're being railroaded. It is a little hypocritical, is all I'm saying.
What would be the benefit to anyone in the NFL to have this scandal? To keep NE from draft picks or suspend Brady for 4 games? To keep them from making the playoffs? Legitimate questions.

If it wasn't a sting, point me to where in any NFL game, or pro event for that matter, the league was aware of tampering but allowed the competition to go to mid point with modified equipment before springing a bust.

I'll cop to the Pat's cheating and Brady knowing but all ya haters gotta cop to this being a poorly executed sting. They had before game and then halftime game readings (a precedent I believe) and between only some of the balls being tested and some bat-fart official who was either not in on the game or senile, couldn't remember which of two different gauges he used. They fucked it up.

....shoulda just gone for the standard tampering penalty. It would have been just as effective at branding Brady a cheater and it would have been frivolous for him to argue. The harsh penatly may yet stick, we'll see but it would have been over if it was handled properly.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey if the appeal is denied we just Have Jimmy Garoppolo for four weeks.
It's unfortunate but not the end of the world.
Can't wait for the season, Go Pats!

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't a sting, point me to where in any NFL game, or pro event for that matter, the league was aware of tampering but allowed the competition to go to mid point with modified equipment before springing a bust.

I'll cop to the Pat's cheating and Brady knowing but all ya haters gotta cop to this being a poorly executed sting. They had before game and then halftime game readings (a precedent I believe) and between only some of the balls being tested and some bat-fart official who was either not in on the game or senile, couldn't remember which of two different gauges he used. They fucked it up.

....shoulda just gone for the standard tampering penalty. It would have been just as effective at branding Brady a cheater and it would have been frivolous for him to argue. The harsh penatly may yet stick, we'll see but it would have been over if it was handled properly.

They check the balls before every game. It was checked at halftime because the Colts reported the balls were feeling under.
But I agree, the penalty could have and possibly should have been the tampering penalty. I think that's exactly what they would have received had they just copped to it. Hell, throw the ball boy under the bus and make him cop to it. Everyone was angry, but they boiled over completely when everyone went into denial.
The anger was probably fueled by the fact it was a championship game.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Garp!

How much fun would a Montana to Young situation be?

122814patsms01.jpg

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there isn't going to be a settlement, then do we know a potential timeline of when the next court hearing would be? I would imagine an injunction on the suspension would be in place while the appeal was pending. NE plays Arizona week one and I would love for Brady to play in that game and hand them an 0-1 record!

Then NE plays the hawks on 11/13. Hopefully that'll be one of the four games he is suspended :hope:

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile. Fuckwit Roger has a crumbling house of credibility cards after his attempt to interfere with CTE research......
He didn't interfere with it, he just wouldn't fund what he considered a biased study.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hate to beat a dead horse here but I've read a lot of owners are actually behind Goodell on this one

The free world is behind Goodell.

Because he's right.

And because Tom Brady cheated.

And lied about it.

And I fear is bisexual.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the current skipper of the SS Minnow.

So I say fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

And did I not read that the flap in Congress about NFL interference just happened?
Congress has a lower credibility rating than Goodell.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great points. I'm still upset the one ref didn't offer me to sell me the ball he took out of the game. Imagine what that would be worth?

integrity it's what the league is all about:L

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They check the balls before every game. It was checked at halftime because the Colts reported the balls were feeling under.
But I agree, the penalty could have and possibly should have been the tampering penalty. I think that's exactly what they would have received had they just copped to it. Hell, throw the ball boy under the bus and make him cop to it. Everyone was angry, but they boiled over completely when everyone went into denial.
The anger was probably fueled by the fact it was a championship game.
Convient how you left out where the rat birds notified the league and the Colts the week prior that they felt NE was manipulating equipment. At least the rat logo fits.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Convient how you left out where the rat birds notified the league and the Colts the week prior that they felt NE was manipulating equipment. At least the rat logo fits.

That was actually a debunked rumor.
Is this where I should tell you to learn to read, call you an idiot or ask you over and over again "where's your proof"? I'm good with any of those.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm more ready for BB to hang it up than I am Brady.

I'd rather have BB hang it up before Brady. His record isn't too good w/o Tom. His coaching last 6 games cost the Pats HFA

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather have BB hang it up before Brady. His record isn't too good w/o Tom. His coaching last 6 games cost the Pats HFA

I know it wasn't great but I still think BB's mind has won a lot of games. I do agree that he cost the team down the stretch with some head scratching decisions. One can only hope he is starting to lose it a bit.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it wasn't great but I still think BB's mind has won a lot of games. I do agree that he cost the team down the stretch with some head scratching decisions. One can only hope he is starting to lose it a bit.

All I know is the year before Brady they went 5-11, started off the 01 season 0-2 and missed the playoffs with that very talented 2008 team. How do you miss the playoffs with Randy Moss and the rest of the 07 squad? True started off with that onside kick up 14 vs Philly, defering the ball in OT, never forcing Denver to use their timeouts, etc He spun out at end

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is the year before Brady they went 5-11, started off the 01 season 0-2 and missed the playoffs with that very talented 2008 team. How do you miss the playoffs with Randy Moss and the rest of the 07 squad? True started off with that onside kick up 14 vs Philly, defering the ball in OT, never forcing Denver to use their timeouts, etc He spun out at end

Definitely not saying he is perfect. I've just seen enough games where he has outsmarted Peyton Manning and that is not an easy task to say the least. He definitely lucked out in finding Brady. I still think though if there is one HC in this league that I would take right now it would be BB. I would probably rather have him be just head coach than add GM to his title as his drafts still have me scratching my head but coaching wise love what he does.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't interfere with it, he just wouldn't fund what he considered a biased study.

He did fund the wells report so he will fund a biased "study." Facts and logic say so.