• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roger Goodell: Absolutely no settlement with Tom Brady!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you read? Did I ever say the owners weren't making $? I said they are losing $ paying for useless reports that can never be recouped. Is that really that hard for you to comprehend?

Here I'll try to explain in terms you may be able to grasp?

let's say the NFL has $1.00
Roger goodell takes .25 cents and buys an ice cream:drool:, he eats the ice cream and charges the NFL for it. Did the NFL lose $? :idea:

I call bullshit

where can you buy an ice cream for only a quarter?!?!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he bought ice cream though...
Ok I just figured it out. Keep it at the ice cream and crayon level and you can understand. Can you help your girl RN2158 because obviously she knows 0 about football, the legal system, or finances.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I see 2nd grade math is too much for you. Let's try this one sweetie. Your parents make $50k a year. They charge you $50k to live in their basement. That's 100k. Are you following?
Living in the trailer park they are well off financially. Now the trailer park mangers takes $1k away from them. Do you think they don't mind?

I wasn't aware trailers have a basement.

You can throw insults at me all you like. It doesn't change the fact that you have said some pretty freaking clueless stuff in this thread.

You might want to breathe it out a bit.

Btw...trailer park mangers???

12082013-img_9583.jpg

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not disagreeing. But the owners are smart enough to know when to say enough is enough. An unrecoverable loss is still a loss.

None of us know how this will end. But when it does and you add the cost to the owners, the whatever comes out of the CTE, all the other recent blunders by RG and the looming potential for a strike prior to the next CBA the owners will not be very happy. Well except for Jerrah who's likely mentally challenged anyway.
I haven't heard them saying this.

Legal fees are simply a cost of doing business as a multi-billion dollar company. I'm sure the NFL and the owners have a budget that accounts for more than enough. You're ice cream analogy is flawed as well. You can't say every business expense is a loss of money to the owners. It's about profitability. If all the business expenses are within the budget, then profitability is still there.

There is value in going after Brady. It protects the integrity of the game which if not protected, the financial implications on the owners could be far greater. This is why you haven't heard any owners saying enough is enough.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't aware trailers have a basement.

You can throw insults at me all you like. It doesn't change the fact that you have said some pretty freaking clueless stuff in this thread.

You might want to breathe it out a bit.

Btw...trailer park mangers???

View attachment 125316
Well that proves our suspicion how many Raven fans actually live in trailer parks? You seem to be an expert. Are you the manager?

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that proves our suspicion how many Raven fans actually live in trailer parks? You seem to be an expert. Are you the manager?

There is no doubt that you are either 10 years old or "special" if you thought this was clever.

RavensNation2158

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I just figured it out. Keep it at the ice cream and crayon level and you can understand. Can you help your girl RN2158 because obviously she knows 0 about football, the legal system, or finances.

What he means by that is we are idiots because we don't agree with him or drink his NE kool-aid.
He's very hitler-esque that way.
Too bad we can't catch a glimpse of his resting bitch face. Pretty sure he's got one. :suds:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard them saying this.

Legal fees are simply a cost of doing business as a multi-billI'mion dollar company. I'm sure the NFL and the owners have a budget that accounts for more than enough. You're ice cream analogy is flawed as well. You can't say every business expense is a loss of money to the owners. It's about profitability. If all the business expenses are within the budget, then profitability is still there.

There is value in going after Brady. It protects the integrity of the game which if not protected, the financial implications on the owners could be far greater. This is why you haven't heard any owners saying enough is enough.
But this isn't about Brady is what all the haters are saying when their argument doesn't fit. This is a labor issue brought on by a failed sting.
Yes there are budgets, and yes some can even be write offs. But those budgets are being consumed again and again by bad judgements on Roger's part. The owners haven't reached the boiling point yet.
You do realize those coffers are what pay Goodell's bonuses correct? Do you know he took a $10 million dollar pay cut last year? Coincidence?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would love nothing more than to not beat this dead horse, but I find it interesting that when anyone on here turns the tables on you & uses the same questions that you ask to deflect the Pats cheating, you either dismiss or avoid the questions altogether, or use the media as a definite fact for a so-called "sting" operation... The same media that you won't believe when it comes as a detriment to your team. Only when it works in your favor. You want evidence to condemn the Pats, but don't want to have to show any whatsoever to prove that they're being railroaded. It is a little hypocritical, is all I'm saying.
What would be the benefit to anyone in the NFL to have this scandal? To keep NE from draft picks or suspend Brady for 4 games? To keep them from making the playoffs? Legitimate questions.
Do you know what beating a dead horse to death actually means? Myself and most, if not all Pat fans have answered these stupid questions plenty of times. You and others just hate that there is zero proof, so you want to keep speculating (wha if, what if)...

The current case has nothing to do with air pressure. The NFL lost that battle. We have now moved onto whether or not Goodell has the power to impose any infraction he deems fit.

Like it or not, Pat fan or not? That is where we are so stop with the horse beatings.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But this isn't about Brady is what all the haters are saying when their argument doesn't fit. This is a labor issue brought on by a failed sting.
Yes there are budgets, and yes some can even be write offs. But those budgets are being consumed again and again by bad judgements on Roger's part. The owners haven't reached the boiling point yet.
You do realize those coffers are what pay Goodell's bonuses correct? Do you know he took a $10 million dollar pay cut last year? Coincidence?
You're whole argument is based on if the owners hit a boiling point or if there is a strike or if, if ,if.

This thread is about Goodell holding firm on Brady. I think it is worth the money and at this point, so do the owners because they haven't asked him to stop.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're whole argument is based on if the owners hit a boiling point or if there is a strike or if, if ,if.

This thread is about Goodell holding firm on Brady. I think it is worth the money and at this point, so do the owners because they haven't asked him to stop.
Ok I'm fine with that. Many on the opposite side of the argument are claiming loss in profits arenxt in an issue because the owners are still making a fortune.
Regardless of the outcome the next CBA will be very interesting unless the NFL gets out ahead of it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is the current skipper of the SS Minnow.

So I say fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

And did I not read that the flap in Congress about NFL interference just happened?

The interference happened from 1996-2001. So again did not happen under Goodell.

Delphic1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Goodell and the NFL.

They were letting the cheaters go easy in the past with video taping and what not. It's time to not relent.

And those who are complaining about the NFL losing money...LOL. The NFL and the owners can afford this more than the NFLPA, who oh by the way, is spending more than the NFL by hiring those high end Supreme Court lawyers who charge $1800/ hr.