• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"RG3 is done. There's no coming back. His ego won't allow him to grind his way back."

Is RG3 done as an NFL QB?

• Yes

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 revolutionized the game, in that the read-option killed the cover 2. The only way to stop the read option is to drop a safety down near the line, in order to eliminate the single read of the D-end.

He is going to fail this year. He's in the wrong offense. Next year he'll be offered backup contracts with good teams and starting contracts with bad teams. He'll sign with the Browns, play like shit, and get hurt again. If he's lucky he'll bounce around the league into his 30's, but his days of being a good player are gone. There's no chance he'll ever blossom into a regular season superstar like Tony Romo.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for 9 of those ten years the Boys have done exactly what?? So your point would then be??
If I jumped in I would say that the point is that while both may have the same amount of years left the league, one of them is doing more with those years

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I jumped in I would say that the point is that while both may have the same amount of years left the league, one of them is doing more with those years

And my response would simply be that I would EXPECT a ten year vet to be Well ahead of a guy going into his fourth year irrespective of relative draft position. Or to put it in layman's terms... I dont care if a kid graduated valedictorian from Yale in his chosen profession, a guy with six or seven years in the field SHOULD be able to do the job better.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my response would simply be that I would EXPECT a ten year vet to be Well ahead of a guy going into his fourth year irrespective of relative draft position. Or to put it in layman's terms... I dont care if a kid graduated valedictorian from Yale in his chosen profession, a guy with six or seven years in the field SHOULD be able to do the job better.

So then your comparison between RG3 and Romo has no merit? Romo is the better QB and if you feel like they have the same shelf life, Bob will never be at the level Romo is now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then your comparison between RG3 and Romo has no merit? Romo is the better QB and if you feel like they have the same shelf life, Bob will never be at the level Romo is now.

Two points here...

1. Im not the one comparing RG3 to Romo. I think bob is a failed experiment. I think Romo will fall into the category of Good regular season starter that never won the big game.

2. For what the team gave up to get Bob, one would expect he would SURPASS the level I expect from Romo. He fooled alot of ppeople, and the only GOOD thing I expect to come out of the RG3 years is that Danny has finally ( for the moment) admitted he dont know his ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to building a team.

So I say again, just for the fact that we have gotten Dan Snyder OUT of the draft room because of this screw up, I would be willing to flip the Rams an extra draft pick on the trade. :)

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two points here...

1. Im not the one comparing RG3 to Romo. I think bob is a failed experiment. I think Romo will fall into the category of Good regular season starter that never won the big game.

2. For what the team gave up to get Bob, one would expect he would SURPASS the level I expect from Romo. He fooled alot of ppeople, and the only GOOD thing I expect to come out of the RG3 years is that Danny has finally ( for the moment) admitted he dont know his ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to building a team.

So I say again, just for the fact that we have gotten Dan Snyder OUT of the draft room because of this screw up, I would be willing to flip the Rams an extra draft pick on the trade. :)

Nope.. but then again I figure he has the same shelf life as Romo at this point.

You aren't the one comparing RG3 to romo? Then whats with that quote from this thread? That souns a LOT like a comparison between RG3 and Romo.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't the one comparing RG3 to romo? Then whats with that quote from this thread? That souns a LOT like a comparison between RG3 and Romo.

How about a simple fact of reality. Romo has what.. 3-4 years left in the league tops?? Rg3 has about the same. But I will admit the Skins will likely be looking for a new QB a year or two sooner than the Cowboys.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst problem of his career, in my opinion, was Shanahan allowing a clearly crippled RG3 to continue playing in that playoff game. I will never understand that.

That was a bad call .. He was hurting so bad near the end he couldn't even plant is foot to throw ... The last sack near the end of the game was brutal too watch when his knee buckled...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a bad call .. He was hurting so bad near the end he couldn't even plant is foot to throw ... The last sack near the end of the game was brutal too watch when his knee buckled...

I used to love Mike Shanahan. What fan would not love a coach who coached his team to back-to-back titles? Seems to me, however, that his success went to his head. Very hurtful to me to have seen him send RG3 back onto the field when Griffin was obviously not up to the task. Shameful of Shanahn, in my opinion.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst problem of his career, in my opinion, was Shanahan allowing a clearly crippled RG3 to continue playing in that playoff game. I will never understand that.

It was obvious that he wouldn't be able to go 4 quarters against the Seahawks in the playoffs after the Dallas game. He was completely shot but Shanahan put him out there anyway. People can say what they want about RG3 but he was dealt a fucked hand by being drafted by that shit show of a franchise. They should have just bitten the bullet and given Cousins the start instead of basically ruining his career. There was no way in hell they were sniffing the SB so what was the point. I guess that too many guys were worried about their jobs or public perception to strap on a pair and basically concede a playoff game.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen an athlete since Tiger to go from sugar to shit so fast....:L