• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"RG3 is done. There's no coming back. His ego won't allow him to grind his way back."

Is RG3 done as an NFL QB?

• Yes

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view this as an opinion...like assholes we all have one.

Mobile QBs can learn to be distributors, but the transition is not as that easy when you've played your whole life as a playmaker and distributor...goes w/o saying this is a make or break season for him as a starter in the NFL.

Skins fans know better than me, but if he's struggling at the bye, I bet he sits.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vince was far from a bust.

He made plays and won quite a few gms...but he failed because he was a spoiled kid that apparently was coddled...he wilted after getting booed at home or something to that effect right.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he would be with another team within 5-6 years and would be out of football by 30.

He had a nice year running the ball once and threw picks. He couldn't read defenses. He couldn't learn playbooks.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think If the defense can get in the Top 10 defense discussion & have overall good team health we can make a run to the SB.

Should be interesting

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins fans know better than me, but if he's struggling at the bye, I bet he sits.

Well...Idt he'll finish out in WAS, but he'll get another shot...imo the talent is there, but Vinny Testaverde had talent too...who eventually had a few decent yrs btw lol

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he would be with another team within 5-6 years and would be out of football by 30.

He had a nice year running the ball once and threw picks. He couldn't read defenses. He couldn't learn playbooks.

I'm sure you know the story of Jeff Fisher making it painfully obvious that he felt Vince was a horrible pick but Bud wouldn't have it any other way. Vince was one of the dumbest to ever play NFL QB. He suffers from a learning disability and panicked and blamed the fans and coaches when his shit blew up. What a mess. I'm sure the dude is living a nice life in Austin but he threw away an awful lot.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be interesting

Yep, I will be the first admit that last year was a total pleasant surprise. I enjoyed the ride, but I expect more this year @ least a trip to the NFC championship....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I view this as an opinion...like assholes we all have one.

Mobile QBs can learn to be distributors, but the transition is not as that easy when you've played your whole life as a playmaker and distributor...goes w/o saying this is a make or break season for him as a starter in the NFL.

This is his real problem though

2251155626_63d7c82709.jpg

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. I'm sure some of the quotes came from Snyder himself. That guy's a tool. It's like he's playing Madden with that franchise and when things don't go his way he hits the reset button. He has no clue about building a football team and loves to see his name in the paper for making the "big move" in the off season. You could put Joe Montana behind center for the Potato Skins and he wouldn't be able to get anything done there.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Said he'd be a below-average QB in the NFL when he was drafted. :D

But the running QB is going to revolutionize the QB position. Any day now. :rolleyes2:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man it's crazy watching that first year when he arrived, the dude was scary good until that injury ... I"m not sure why he's not finding some humility after going through some of the lumps he's had, maybe he's a narcisistic dude I don't know him personally, who knows... but I think the Skins should give him 1 more year, seriously, too much was given up to get this guy and sometimes QB's kinda click and get it, look at Eli Manning, it took him a while, I remember Hasselbeck looking like crap early on and then suddenly kinda finding a groove... I would give him this year on a short leash and see if he get's some of the magic back... It's not like they have other big time options at the moment...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is his real problem though

2251155626_63d7c82709.jpg
Yep...too much success too soon maybe...thought he had made it already when he was just learning.

I still contend Shanny did him no favors letting him run his college offense as a rookie, but they needed to show results (wins) after the Mc5 failure and he was not ready to run a pro style OFC yet...his athleticism got him thru, but set him back in developmental terms.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said he'd be a below-average QB in the NFL when he was drafted. :D

But the running QB is going to revolutionize the QB position. Any day now. :rolleyes2:
unreal

these "trends" come out of college...the wildcat, then the read option...and idiots say "its going to revolutionize the sport"....

real football fans know these trends come and go, always...and pocket passers are always going to be the norm, not the exception.

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed VY was not a bust,Vince had a 40 yard run for a TD to beat the Texans in OT i think. He had a come from behind game against the Giants. He had the 99 yard walkoff to beat Arizona at the buzzer. He had eight straight victories to end 2009. He was stubborn and lazy and wouldn't study but he was not a bust.

Jake Locker was a bust that guy was terrible. Plenty of games where he completed under 50% or half his passes. He had horrible accuracy and was injured a lot.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unreal

these "trends" come out of college...the wildcat, then the read option...and idiots say "its going to revolutionize the sport"....

real football fans know these trends come and go, always...and pocket passers are always going to be the norm, not the exception.
Bet folks were saying the same thing when the forward pass became a big deal. It's just a trend, never catch on!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...too much success too soon maybe...thought he had made it already when he was just learning.

I still contend Shanny did him no favors letting him run his college offense as a rookie, but they needed to show results (wins) after the Mc5 failure and he was not ready to run a pro style OFC yet...his athleticism got him thru, but set him back in developmental terms.

Worst problem of his career, in my opinion, was Shanahan allowing a clearly crippled RG3 to continue playing in that playoff game. I will never understand that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst problem of his career, in my opinion, was Shanahan allowing a clearly crippled RG3 to continue playing in that playoff game. I will never understand that.
Agree, that was outrageous.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bet folks were saying the same thing when the forward pass became a big deal. It's just a trend, never catch on!
totally diffrerent scenario.

as in, wildly different.

they changed the field from a grid to what we have now and added about 20 rule changes.

the read option and wildcat were and are just perversions of the option, which as football fans know, doesnt work in the nfl.

seen this movie a few times.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Give me a season with no freak injuries. Give me one with limited distractions and dysfunction. Give me some continuity amongst the coaching staff. Let us have at least two seasons in the same offense, and finally, a real QB coach. Let me see how an offensive line in the NFL is supposed to look. Then, you can compare the production of our quarterback FAIRLY against his piers. "

~ Mark Tyler @hogs haven

Probably seems like an apologist stance, but I think there is truth here as well.

Can the Skins be the team that provides the right environment for any success? Perhaps not.

As to if Griffin is done in the NFL, I think it's fashionable to take this position right now. I do not think he's done.

Lot of new factors and pieces in play on the roster. Week to week, year to year, league. We shall see.

My guess is Griffin performs better than 'last in the league' as a QB.