• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"RG3 is done. There's no coming back. His ego won't allow him to grind his way back."

Is RG3 done as an NFL QB?

• Yes

Votes: 16 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 10 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...so said an anonymous NFL offensive coach.

"There's no coming back," the undisclosed offensive coach told ESPN.com's Mike Sando. "He is done. The reason is, the injury slowed his legs, and his ego will not allow him to hit rock bottom and actually grind his way back up the right way."

This coach wasn't alone in his sentiment regarding Griffin's outlook.

"To get better in this league, you have to have a degree of humility," a personnel director said, via Sando. "... When (Griffin) looks in the mirror, he is seeing things that everybody else is not seeing. That is why I was surprised when they gave him the fifth-year (option) and said it was an easy decision."

The quotes come courtesy of Sando's exhaustively researched quarterback rankings, which have been compiled with input from a panel of eight personnel directors, six general managers, four head coaches, five offensive coordinators, five defensive coordinators, three salary-cap managers, two ex-GMs, two ex-head coaches, and one offensive assistant coach.

In the 2014 version of Sando's rankings, one veteran quarterback castigated Griffin for refusing to accept any blame for his own struggles.

There's a sentiment among analysts and league insiders that Griffin must capitulate to coaching, understanding that his own fundamentally flawed approach is not the avenue to sustained NFL success.

Robert Griffin III 'done' as effective QB, NFL coach says - NFL.com

MIKE75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think between his ego,entitlement,relationship with owner it will end bad with RG3. There was a situation similar to this when VY did great his first year then struggled when the league figured him out. VY just like RG3 had a friendship with the owner. VY threw a fit,threw his pads in the stands threatened Fisher in the locker room. This was in the middle of the season and VY was put on ice the rest of the year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While i do tend to agree with Sando here, the man does have a serious boycrush on Russell Wilson and has a tendency to to find any you black athletic QB not named Russell Wilson to be lacking.

Im just saying, Asking Sando to give his opinion on QBs is like asking a Patriots fan if they think Brady cheated... you cant help but get a biased answer.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think between his ego,entitlement,relationship with owner it will end bad with RG3. There was a situation similar to this when VY did great his first year then struggled when the league figured him out. VY just like RG3 had a friendship with the owner. VY threw a fit,threw his pads in the stands threatened Fisher in the locker room. This was in the middle of the season and VY was put on ice the rest of the year.

I'd venture to say that Vince had immensely more talent than RG3 but (if this is even possible) was dumber.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd venture to say that Vince had immensely more talent than RG3 but (if this is even possible) was dumber.
While i do tend to agree with Sando here, the man does have a serious boycrush on Russell Wilson and has a tendency to to find any you black athletic QB not named Russell Wilson to be lacking.

Im just saying, Asking Sando to give his opinion on QBs is like asking a Patriots fan if they think Brady cheated... you cant help but get a biased answer.

Howdy stranger, should the Boyz still fear him for the next 10 yrs? :scratch:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope that this report is wrong, since I have always kind of rooted for RG3 to return to the promising form that he showed as a rookie. I find interesting this sentence in the quote posted in the OP: "When (Griffin) looks in the mirror, he is seeing things that everybody else is not seeing." I am not at all sure that anyone can credibly make that claim.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howdy stranger, should the Boyz still fear him for the next 10 yrs? :scratch:

Nope.. but then again I figure he has the same shelf life as Romo at this point.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope.. but then again I figure he has the same shelf life as Romo at this point.

Thats said being that Romo is 10 yrs his Senior....

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats said being that Romo is 10 yrs his Senior....

And for 9 of those ten years the Boys have done exactly what?? So your point would then be??

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought RG3 was a better passer coming out of college. People were saying he could excel as a top passing QB in the league when he was drafted. When Vince Young came out everybody was saying how he needed to change is release and is much more of a running QB than a passer straight out of college (and also for his career).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope that this report is wrong, since I have always kind of rooted for RG3 to return to the promising form that he showed as a rookie. I find interesting this sentence in the quote posted in the OP: "When (Griffin) looks in the mirror, he is seeing things that everybody else is not seeing." I am not at all sure that anyone can credibly make that claim.

Have to agree with this. I think RGIII in the right situation can recapture some of that rookie year magic. He has a coach that doesn't believe in him right now and a team that just doesn't want much to do with him. If anybody could benefit from a fresh start it is RGIII. Honestly if Osweiler is not the answer for the Broncos I wouldn't mind Elway giving RGIII a call and saying we are going to sit you for a year so you can learn everything needed but I promise you that if you put in the work we will revive your career. I think RGIII could do great in a Kubiak system but again he has to answer the call that he is willing to learn for a year and listen to some HOF worthy guys like Elway. I would also say Kubiak has shown he can handle big personality QB's as Elway and Manning both are the type that demand a lot and Kubiak at least with Elway guided him very well and Manning has said he is impressed with Kubiak.

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for 9 of those ten years the Boys have done exactly what?? So your point would then be??

The biggest difference is Romo was an undrafted Gem. Bob had a Lamborghini Veneto cost that drives like a pinto...

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finished ahead of the Redskins???:noidea:

IF you out run a drunk guy in a wheel chair, does that mean you were some how GOOD?? Ah yes, I forget you and old East base a good season off of finishing better than a team you routinely say sucks. Good deal. :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the right team, I think RG3 could make a comeback. Don't think the Redskins are that team. He does have a heck of a long ball throwing arm, he needs to go a team that will develop that strength and play to it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest difference is Romo was an undrafted Gem. Bob had a Lamborghini Veneto cost that drives like a pinto...

And yet they have both spent most of their respective careers parked in front of the piggly wiggly. Tell me how GREAT Romo is when you guys win something more than a weak division.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF you out run a drunk guy in a wheel chair, does that mean you were some how GOOD?? Ah yes, I forget you and old East base a good season off of finishing better than a team you routinely say sucks. Good deal. :)

So it's my fault you can't take a joke??? Now that you went there and lumped me in with others, why don't you pull the post over the last 10 years where I made a comment like that without directly responding to a troll attempt...

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet they have both spent most of their respective careers parked in front of the piggly wiggly. Tell me how GREAT Romo is when you guys win something more than a weak division.

no, Romo has had a pretty good career and is coming of a playoff win and a year when he almost won MVP. things are looking up for Dallas, but you keep trying to lump them together like there is ANY comparison between the two...

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the right team, I think RG3 could make a comeback. Don't think the Redskins are that team. He does have a heck of a long ball throwing arm, he needs to go a team that will develop that strength and play to it.

He can come back up Romo for a couple of years..

images-1.jpeg