• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins vs Seahawks

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year the Broncos went 2-3 against teams with winning records. They started out 0-3 as Manning was still getting his arm strength back and the team was breaking in a brand new Offensive and Defensive scheme. After that they went 2-0 against teams with winning records beating both by 8 or more points. I think most knew year one of Manning coming off of his injury and the team learning a whole new system would be a learning year and that they would struggle at times.

I actaully agree with that. I saw the same sort of thing with Wilson last year.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins beat Seattle with a healthy RG3. They couldn't contain a gimpy RG3 up until he tweaked the knee on the 2nd scoring drive. RG3 at 100% is a completely different ballgame.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the read option is a gimmick on the same lines as the wildcat...i see it didnt win any of its users a Superbowl...Wilson would get killed out there if any defensemen could actually find him while he's running in circles behind his linemen like a chicken with his head cut off.

It's nothing like the Wildcat. When you have athletic QBs running the read option, with the triple threat of running themselves, handing off or throwing it... defensive players don't know where to run to. It renders some of the best pass rushers in the league completely ineffective, and if you stack the box to solve the run aspect, you get torched in the passing game.

Wildcat was a gimmick. Read option is much more difficult to defend and less likely to be completely figured out. Game planning for it just opens up other avenues for the offenses too. Since the offense isn't the main staple of any team that utilizes it in the NFL.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Well to answer the question I would say the seahawks are a better team.
B. The Redskins (as a team) more classy then the seahawks i mean lets be honest our D talks a lot of shit with richard sherman leading the way.
c. I would prefer my QB over RG3, RG3 is a lot more athletic then wilson but I feel Russell is a smarter player and prepares very well for games. I feel RG3 uses his athletic ability to make plays by sprinting for 45 yards which is great but when you face a team that has a discipline D that wont give you that opportunity he might struggle. This definatly applies to Kaepernick and Newton more then RG3 but between RG3 and RW3, Wilson uses his arm more to move the ball downfield.

but again whatever it takes to move the ball downfield is up to the OC and the head coach

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wildcat is a look, not an offense. The read option is an actual offense that can be played out of multiple looks. There are a max of about 15 plays out if the wildcat, mostly running. There are endless options out of multiple looks with the read option.

Anyone who has even a marginal understanding if football or has watched any film ever knows this. To compare the two is truly idiotic.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the questions:

I think Seattle is the better team right now but Washington is catching up. Washington has a better coach and a ton of cap space next year to work with.

I would take RG3 because I think he is a bit more polished and explosive but Wilson is one hell of a quarterback as well who I would feel comfortable with as a starter on my team.

Classy: what kind of question is that?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Well to answer the question I would say the seahawks are a better team.
B. The Redskins (as a team) more classy then the seahawks i mean lets be honest our D talks a lot of shit with richard sherman leading the way.
c. I would prefer my QB over RG3, RG3 is a lot more athletic then wilson but I feel Russell is a smarter player and prepares very well for games. I feel RG3 uses his athletic ability to make plays by sprinting for 45 yards which is great but when you face a team that has a discipline D that wont give you that opportunity he might struggle. This definatly applies to Kaepernick and Newton more then RG3 but between RG3 and RW3, Wilson uses his arm more to move the ball downfield.

but again whatever it takes to move the ball downfield is up to the OC and the head coach

Answer c. above is very uninformed. Not to take anything away from Wilson, but you must not have watched RG3 very much either last year or in college. He is not simply a running QB - ala Vick. He has many more talents including a very strong & accurate, lots of football smarts, leadership & the ability to make adjustments. Your statements sound like someone who has hardly watched him play & is relying on info from people like the idiots at ESPN.

Stop acting as if Wilson is the only good QB among the young guns. Time will tell...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coin Flip

Seattle has more talent, but Pete Carroll will find a way to screw it up, just like he did in New England

Washington has an exciting young QB, but Daniel Snyder will find a way to screw up the franchise, just like he always does.

Yet another uniformed comment. Snyder has not been involved in the personnel decisions since Shanahan has been with the team. They are actually heading in the right direction & it goes well beyond simply obtaining RG3. I would not even begin to judge anything about the Pats since you & other Pats fans know your team much better than me. That is why I find it amusing that you think that you know a lot about the Redskins (which is obviously not true).

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer c. above is very uninformed. Not to take anything away from Wilson, but you must not have watched RG3 very much either last year or in college. He is not simply a running QB - ala Vick. He has many more talents including a very strong & accurate, lots of football smarts, leadership & the ability to make adjustments. Your statements sound like someone who has hardly watched him play & is relying on info from people like the idiots at ESPN.

Stop acting as if Wilson is the only good QB among the young guns. Time will tell...

Im just saying out of all the young QBs RG3 likes to run the most, he only almost ran for 1000 yards and 7 TDs. He uses he running ability to make plays, shanahan has plays in his book for him to run the ball. What Im trying to make clear is that RW likes to throw the ball above anything else. I mean he did tie Peyton manning for most Passing TDs for a rookie QB.

Stop acting as if Wilson is the only good QB among the young guns. Time will tell

I never acted that way, stop making up stories. I gave credit to RG3 praising how athletic he is

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we were to just talk about passing, I'd take RG3 in that category as well.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you weigh smarter? Rg3 makes huge plays, leading the league in passing TDs over 40 yards, and was very efficient. But more impressive than his playmaking ability was his ability to play smart and not turn the ball over. Setting records for rookie efficiency.

To say Wilson is smarter or better prepared is ridiculous. Doesn't show in the statistics.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you weigh smarter? Rg3 makes huge plays, leading the league in passing TDs over 40 yards, and was very efficient. But more impressive than his playmaking ability was his ability to play smart and not turn the ball over. Setting records for rookie efficiency.

To say Wilson is smarter or better prepared is ridiculous. Doesn't show in the statistics.

They are both excellent young QBs and both franchises are happy with who they have. Great intellect and decision making for both. Until RG shows that the knee is healthy again it is a concern. Skins fans have to admit that it is worrisome. Arguing who is better at this point is rather ridiculous.

At this point the Seahawks certainly showed a better D last year and are probably a more well-rounded team. However I am interested to see what the Skins can do with all of the cap space next year when the penalties come off of the books.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If God called the Bucs to heaven to fight the forces of hell and I had to root for another team and the choices were Seahawks or Redskins... I would pick the Redskins, easily. I love being proved wrong, RGIII not only did that but would be fun to root for for a decade...

Not to mention I am still mad about how time has proven Pete Carroll really was looking for an NFL job in 07, 08 and 09. Recruiting and the development of players just stopped. If Pete Carroll does not win a Super Bowl in Seattle, the Seahawks will be utterly destroyed when he leaves... Think a combination of the Rams and Bucs in 2009.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im just saying out of all the young QBs RG3 likes to run the most, he only almost ran for 1000 yards and 7 TDs. He uses he running ability to make plays, shanahan has plays in his book for him to run the ball. What Im trying to make clear is that RW likes to throw the ball above anything else. I mean he did tie Peyton manning for most Passing TDs for a rookie QB.

Stop acting as if Wilson is the only good QB among the young guns. Time will tell

I never acted that way, stop making up stories. I gave credit to RG3 praising how athletic he is

Sounds like a back handed compliment to me. The implication is that RG3 is athletic but not a true QB (w/ good decision making, accuracy, etc). Trust me - the running plays for RG3 will be reduced & you will see that he is more than just a running QB. If you knew RG3 you would also know that he also likes to throw the ball first - it was just not always an option given the other players on the roster.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who do you believe is the better team? Brighter future? Better QB? Classier?

Better team - I'd say Seattle and this is solely based on their secondary. That's all that seperates us.
Brighter future - Washington, the NFC East is getting weaker. Eli, Tony and Michael are getting older...if Robert can stay healthy we should be able to get our 4th title before Seattle gets its1st. The West is looking strong defensively.

Better QB - NFL roy, named to the pro-bowl, better numbers? RGIII. However, they both appear to be great leaders.
Classier? - An ugly win is better than a pretty loss...it doesn't matter...but we do have more titles and Hall of Famer's