• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins pick up Haha Clinton-Dix

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came away very impressed after watching Dix in the press conference. He mentioned several times how thrilled he was to be in DC. This is for several reasons including his relationship w/ Swearinger, his Bama ties & his deep seated admiration for Sean Taylor.

After watching that I believe that there is a good chance that the Skins extend him if both sides can decide on a fair $$ amt - we will see. In any case I am very excited about him playing for the Skins this season. I saw the Packers GM this morning, & I think it basically comes down to the fact that they were not going to sign Dix long term so that wanted to cut their ties & obtain a pick they could use this offseason instead of waiting till 2020. They also wanted to give a shot to some other players. It likely involved a 4th rd pick since nobody was offering more (doesn't also have to be some conspiracy theory - let's just wait & see how the move works out - low risk move).

Gotta love this defense at the current time.
DJ money would be about right

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because ha ha was not coming back his aka market value is best safety in football all of packers money is tied into Rogers so they got a return for a player they was not going to resign it was a good move for the pack.. redskins fans need to take notice how a great Gb FO apperates
why do you post this foolishness ?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because ha ha was not coming back his aka market value is best safety in football all of packers money is tied into Rogers so they got a return for a player they was not going to resign it was a good move for the pack.. redskins fans need to take notice how a great Gb FO apperates

He may not have been coming back, but don’t you think they could have got a compensatory pick for him that is higher than what we gave up?

Aren’t they in the middle of a playoff race as well? How can their so-so defense afford to give up a good player, but our good defense needs their player?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mostly a no lose move. Green Bay made the trade as coach said because they aren't going to resign him to a much higher contract next year so they get a draft pick. You know, that think the BA and the Redskins didn't do with Cousin's. If the Redskin's do not sign him and Dixon is signed as a FA then the Redskins have the chance to get a compensatory pick for him.

I think the advantage of bringing a vet like this is he can pick up the system quickly. He and DJ can communicate well because he is a vet. He should be hungry to play well. Nicholson had minor surgery on his hip this week. Gives him a chance to heal up.

So, if the Redskins can’t resign him and they get a compensatory pick for it, why didn’t the Packers play that same game?

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see it as a major upgrade for a nine game rental. Haha will have to learn the defense and it is odd that an organization in the middle of a playoff race would trade away a starter for only a fourth.
Who says he’s not resigning here? I missed that part of the story

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, if the Redskins can’t resign him and they get a compensatory pick for it, why didn’t the Packers play that same game?

As I mentioned in a previous post - I thought that the Packers would not get that compensatory pick until 2020 & they wanted one sooner. It just seems like they were ready to go in another direction regardless. That doesn't have to translate into the guy has a bad attitude or is on the downside of his career.

Again sometimes a change in scenery makes all the difference in the world & based on his press conference his attitude does not appear to be an issue at this time. Not sure why you only want to pain this in a negative light. If it fails - meh - it is a 4th rd pick. IMO the upside on this is much higher than the risk.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - some have mentioned that Packers fans & media are stating that this guy has some bad games, missed some tackles, etc (neglecting to mention that he has also made some good plays). If that is true it does not necessarily mean that he can't be effective.

It was only several weeks ago when several folks were ready to get rid of Norman due to some poor play vs. the Saints & others. He has rebounded pretty nicely since that time. Sure he is not perfect & still has flaws, but he has been a contributing factor on D. A few bad plays or games doesn't automatically translate into a player being useless for the remainder of the season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who says he’s not resigning here? I missed that part of the story

I am not sure. You tell me.

Right now though, he is a nine game rental. I highly doubt he resigns here though. He will want to get paid and we have a few others to worry about instead such as Scherff and Smith.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I mentioned in a previous post - I thought that the Packers would not get that compensatory pick until 2020 & they wanted one sooner. It just seems like they were ready to go in another direction regardless. That doesn't have to translate into the guy has a bad attitude or is on the downside of his career.

Again sometimes a change in scenery makes all the difference in the world & based on his press conference his attitude does not appear to be an issue at this time. Not sure why you only want to pain this in a negative light. If it fails - meh - it is a 4th rd pick. IMO the upside on this is much higher than the risk.

My point is this. Everybody keeps saying don’t worry about the draft pick, we will get a compensatory pick in 2020 as a defense of the move. Well, the Packers were in the exact same boat, except they have a better chance of getting a compensatory pick because they seldom make the splash moves we do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my take is we gave up a 4th rounder for a good young , proven player .

the downside is if we cant resign him then we dont get a crack at a possible good player with that pick . our 4th round picks have been pretty good KC , crowder and nicholson have been starters . perine is still developing and has started as well

now its a gamble but smith and crowder's contracts dont appear to be heading toward monster deals so the only real issue is resigning sherff , which we will , and ha ha , in which a DJ type deal would fit

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is this. Everybody keeps saying don’t worry about the draft pick, we will get a compensatory pick in 2020 as a defense of the move. Well, the Packers were in the exact same boat, except they have a better chance of getting a compensatory pick because they seldom make the splash moves we do.
you are right about the comp pick . it isnt a given

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not sure. You tell me.

Right now though, he is a nine game rental. I highly doubt he resigns here though. He will want to get paid and we have a few others to worry about instead such as Scherff and Smith.

Well if he doesn’t sign here and we get a comp pick for it what did we really give up. They’ll find the $ for them, they usually do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if he doesn’t sign here and we get a comp pick for it what did we really give up. They’ll find the $ for them, they usually do.
a comp pick is not a given . it depends on who we sign in FA

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I still like the move :2cents:

10 picks is kinda too many anyway if you think about it
oh i like the move . i like it better if we can resign him . . i am a get as many picks as possible guy . can never have enough young talent competing

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here is an answer to your legit question GK and it makes a mockery out of coach’s assertions

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a comp pick is not a given . it depends on who we sign in FA
Do you really see the Skins making any BIG SPLASH moves next year? I do not. I see via the draft filling depth or possible starter roles at possibly OLB, CB, ILB, G, WR. I believe the draft will provide what we are looking for and a couple reasonable vet FA contracts to fill out the roster in 2019. No real need for a big move in the off season. The defense is good and getting better and the Offense minus a LG and WR are set. There will be room financially for Clinton-Dix to remain in DC beyond this season. I'm sure the REAL thinkers at Ashburn Park gave this plenty of consideration and thought and will let this play out.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The free agency crop sucks next year.