• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins pick up Haha Clinton-Dix

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't generally put a lot of stock in Pro Football Focus, but I heard on the Junkies this morning that Nicholson was rated the worst player on our starting 11. Replacing him with the second highest rated S in the game according to them ain't bad.

Time will tell. I hadn't really noticed Monte playing that bad. I love the acquisition though.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with the move. We know at this point that we are going to go how the defense goes. He will improve the safety position. He is low risk, if he doesn't resign we likely will get a compensatory pick for him. He helps counteract what Philly and Dallas did.

Hopefully the offense will improve each week. Top D with an average offense could do some damage.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That could perhaps be rationalization on their part. The organization generally spins things in this case to make it appear that they really didn't like or want the player just traded. Ditto for many fans although you do see some Packer fans reacting to this who are not happy.

They guy went to the pro bowl not long ago, has a fair amt of tackles & 3 INTs at this time. I don't think that there is an issue with him in terms of production. If the concern is with his attitude I am not worried in the least. He is an ex-Bama player who is likely thrilled to be joining Allen & Payne & I believe that those 2 as well as Swearinger will keep him in line if needed.

Looking forward to watching this defense moving fwd. I am not sure if there is enough time for Dix to be prepared vs. the Falcons, but I feel confident that he will add to this defense at least this season barring injury.

Well, reading a bit more background on HHCD and also reading through fan post, they seem relatively happy Dix is gone...stating its been poor effort, poor tackling and not living up to the 1st round pick he was nor is he the player he was in 2016. (Pro bowl year) I guess we shall see what HHCD we are getting very soon.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s a bit of the local media negatives on HaHa that I could find.

Don’t care personally, fresh start for him, right price, added depth, tight with DJ, excited to be here...love the trade

In reading up on the Packer media's view of the trade, the consensus was that Clinton-Dix hadn't played well this season, despite a high rating from Pro Football Focus. The following is from Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Clinton-Dix hadn’t played well all season, missing way too many tackles, abandoning the middle too often in the red zone and giving up too many completions in coverage. He did have four turnover plays, including an important forced fumble in the San Francisco victory, but his good did not outweigh his bad.

Your free safety cannot be one of the team leaders in missed tackles (at least seven) and he can’t be party to three of the first 10 passing touchdowns allowed if he wants to be paid like a Pro Bowl player. Because his speed is average, he couldn’t recover from being out of position or taking a poor angle and needed to be much better in alignment and technique.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, reading a bit more background on HHCD and also reading through fan post, they seem relatively happy Dix is gone...stating its been poor effort, poor tackling and not living up to the 1st round pick he was nor is he the player he was in 2016. (Pro bowl year) I guess we shall see what HHCD we are getting very soon.

Yep I heard a little of that today in the media. However sometimes a change of scenery can motivate a player enough to make the difference. Now perhaps this might be a red flag for a long term signing but don't really see this as a big issue short term given the relatively cheap price. Also - as I stated - I truly believe that the Bama lineman as well as Swearinger will help keep this guy in line if he continues to display poor effort.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Awesome find! This clears up the issue with his number. This should also help clear up any concerns about his effort (at least for now). If he is willing to even play special teams then I don't think that this guy will give anything less than 100% for now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nicholson was a 4th round pick . he missed much of his rookie season and is learning some lessons in year 2 . for a 4th rounder , he has been a good pick .

if he is a BU player who can start occasionally then i dont see us losing out here

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s a bit of the local media negatives on HaHa that I could find.

Don’t care personally, fresh start for him, right price, added depth, tight with DJ, excited to be here...love the trade

In reading up on the Packer media's view of the trade, the consensus was that Clinton-Dix hadn't played well this season, despite a high rating from Pro Football Focus. The following is from Tom Silverstein of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

Clinton-Dix hadn’t played well all season, missing way too many tackles, abandoning the middle too often in the red zone and giving up too many completions in coverage. He did have four turnover plays, including an important forced fumble in the San Francisco victory, but his good did not outweigh his bad.

Your free safety cannot be one of the team leaders in missed tackles (at least seven) and he can’t be party to three of the first 10 passing touchdowns allowed if he wants to be paid like a Pro Bowl player. Because his speed is average, he couldn’t recover from being out of position or taking a poor angle and needed to be much better in alignment and technique.

Our tackling has been great minus the Broncos preseason game. Hope it stays that way.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you can't play hard with nine game left in your contract year, something's wrong. I imagine we will get his best, what ever that may be.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to ask why unless Nicholson is injured?

The defense is not a problem and a fourth is valuable.

You don't like the move, G? Dix is still young, probably reaching or already in his prime, never been seriously injured and is playing some damn good ball. My biggest question is why did the Pack only want a 4th rounder for him.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our tackling has been great minus the Broncos preseason game. Hope it stays that way.

Norman's name comes to mind when thinking about missed tackles, but generally speaking we have been noticeably better at tackling all around.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooley mentioned on his podcast today that Nicholson could still see a lot of action and might take over Harvey-Clemons' role.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't like the move, G? Dix is still young, probably reaching or already in his prime, never been seriously injured and is playing some damn good ball. My biggest question is why did the Pack only want a 4th rounder for him.

I don’t see it as a major upgrade for a nine game rental. Haha will have to learn the defense and it is odd that an organization in the middle of a playoff race would trade away a starter for only a fourth.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t see it as a major upgrade for a nine game rental. Haha will have to learn the defense and it is odd that an organization in the middle of a playoff race would trade away a starter for only a fourth.
Because ha ha was not coming back his aka market value is best safety in football all of packers money is tied into Rogers so they got a return for a player they was not going to resign it was a good move for the pack.. redskins fans need to take notice how a great Gb FO apperates

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see this with shreff book it he will get traded no way we will pay 15 a year for a RG

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is mostly a no lose move. Green Bay made the trade as coach said because they aren't going to resign him to a much higher contract next year so they get a draft pick. You know, that think the BA and the Redskins didn't do with Cousin's. If the Redskin's do not sign him and Dixon is signed as a FA then the Redskins have the chance to get a compensatory pick for him.

I think the advantage of bringing a vet like this is he can pick up the system quickly. He and DJ can communicate well because he is a vet. He should be hungry to play well. Nicholson had minor surgery on his hip this week. Gives him a chance to heal up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came away very impressed after watching Dix in the press conference. He mentioned several times how thrilled he was to be in DC. This is for several reasons including his relationship w/ Swearinger, his Bama ties & his deep seated admiration for Sean Taylor.

After watching that I believe that there is a good chance that the Skins extend him if both sides can decide on a fair $$ amt - we will see. In any case I am very excited about him playing for the Skins this season. I saw the Packers GM this morning, & I think it basically comes down to the fact that they were not going to sign Dix long term so that wanted to cut their ties & obtain a pick they could use this offseason instead of waiting till 2020. They also wanted to give a shot to some other players. It likely involved a 4th rd pick since nobody was offering more (doesn't also have to be some conspiracy theory - let's just wait & see how the move works out - low risk move).

Gotta love this defense at the current time.