• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck is getting 23.5 mil per season and Kc is getting 24. is that really a low ball offer?

When Luck got $47M guaranteed, and the last offer they gave Kirk was $27M guaranteed... .would you take a 42.5% pay cut because your boss really wanted the other guy to do what you did??

So yea its a lowball offer.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Luck got $47M guaranteed, and the last offer they gave Kirk was $27M guaranteed... .would you take a 42.5% pay cut because your boss really wanted the other guy to do what you did??

Im not talking about gmoney. I meant avg per year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not talking about gmoney. I meant avg per year.

Average per year means dick. They could give him a contract that averaged $100M per year, and if he got cut in year two, what would that average per year mean??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Average per year means dick. They could give him a contract that averaged $100M per year, and if he got cut in year two, what would that average per year mean??

now you are going off base here. I said a Luck type deal. Does KC turn down 60mg?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now you are going off base here. I said a Luck type deal. Does KC turn down 60mg?

Nope... but the question is, do the Redskins offer him $60M guaranteed?? And $60M Guaranteed means close to $100M against career ending injury. If Kirk gets offered that, he signs it, and many of the ABC crowd go on Kirk made a mistake watch.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope... but the question is, do the Redskins offer him $60M guaranteed?? And $60M Guaranteed means close to $100M against career ending injury. If Kirk gets offered that, he signs it, and many of the ABC crowd go on Kirk made a mistake watch.

ok. let me simplify this. Does KC turn down the Luck deal this year if offered to him? Same exact deal.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok. let me simplify this. Does KC turn down the Luck deal this year if offered to him? Same exact deal.

Considering that deal is two years old, he doesnt turn it down flat, but he does go for a bit higher guaranteed money. And I dont blame him. the Front office has doubted him from the moment he was drafted, so maybe they do need to pay a little more.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering that deal is two years old, he doesnt turn it down flat, but he does go for a bit higher guaranteed money. And I dont blame him. the Front office has doubted him from the moment he was drafted, so maybe they do need to pay a little more.

This is my whole point. Now in this case KC will be turning down a "fair" offer. Right? This is why I don't see a deal happening before 7/15.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my whole point. Now in this case KC will be turning down a "fair" offer. Right? This is why I don't see a deal happening before 7/15.

Thing is, you thought $15M a year was a fair offer last year. I think a FAIR offer would be above what Luck got simply for the fact that like every other position, prices go UP not down. Carr is likely going to get $65M guaranteed at $25M a year, If Kirk doesnt get $55M guaranteed at $24M a year, then the Skins risk losing him. And yes this is all their fault because they were not willing to sign him last year.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your logic is a bit flawed. I understand the numbers aren't what KC wanted and they were lowball, but think about this for a second..

Last I checked KC got paid $20 million 100% guaranteed on the tag last year. If (BIG IF) he took the $27 million guaranteed, then that brings his grand total of guaranteed $$$ up to $47 million for a couple years of work, not too shabby for a 2 year starter. IF he holds out and wants something in the range of $55-60 mill guaranteed like some of you are suggesting, that will put him at $80 million dollars for 3 years of work. Think about that.. Does that not seem a bit excessive for a QB that has a .500 record and lost the only playoff game he was in?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thing is, you thought $15M a year was a fair offer last year. I think a FAIR offer would be above what Luck got simply for the fact that like every other position, prices go UP not down. Carr is likely going to get $65M guaranteed at $25M a year, If Kirk doesnt get $55M guaranteed at $24M a year, then the Skins risk losing him. And yes this is all their fault because they were not willing to sign him last year.

lol. I don't remember saying that. The point is that he will turn down a fair offer.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic is a bit flawed. I understand the numbers aren't what KC wanted and they were lowball, but think about this for a second..

Last I checked KC got paid $20 million 100% guaranteed on the tag last year. If (BIG IF) he took the $27 million guaranteed, then that brings his grand total of guaranteed $$$ up to $47 million for a couple years of work, not too shabby for a 2 year starter. IF he holds out and wants something in the range of $55-60 mill guaranteed like some of you are suggesting, that will put him at $80 million dollars for 3 years of work. Think about that.. Does that not seem a bit excessive for a QB that has a .500 record and lost the only playoff game he was in?

good point.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic is a bit flawed. I understand the numbers aren't what KC wanted and they were lowball, it think about this for a second..

Last I checked KC got paid $20 million 100% guaranteed on the tag last year. If (BIG IF) he took the $27 million guaranteed, then that brings his grand total of guaranteed $$$ up to $47 million for a couple years of work, not too shabby for a 2 year starter. IF he holds out and wants something in the range of $55-60 mill guaranteed that will put him at $80 million dollars for 3 years of work. Think about that..

Again dude, why is that Kirks fault?? The team could have signed him for around $50M guaranteed and $20M a year last year. But they bet against him to the tune of $20M. They lost the bet. Now if they want him, they have already spent that $20M. Add to it they have already agreed to pay him $24M this year. So win lose or draw, the longer they bet against him, the more it cost them in the long term if they want to keep him.

Think about that.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. I don't remember saying that. The point is that he will turn down a fair offer.

Of course you dont, and if I took the time to dig it up, you would simply say... well that was then. This is now. Hedge the bet is what you do Dean.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course you dont, and if I took the time to dig it up, you would simply say... well that was then. This is now. Hedge the bet is what you do Dean.

No hedge. you just proved to me that KC wont take a fair offer.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No hedge. you just proved to me that KC wont take a fair offer.

Again, why is taking less than they have already agreed to pay him a fair offer in your book.

If I agreed to pay you $10K to drive the short bus, then came back and said, I wat you to take less per year, but agree to a long term contract.. you think thats a fair offer?? You wouldnt take it, and if you say you would, I call bullshit. Especcially knowing i want you to take less and give me the option to fire you and get out of the deal at any time I choose.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, why is taking less than they have already agreed to pay him a fair offer in your book.

If I agreed to pay you $10K to drive the short bus, then came back and said, I wat you to take less per year, but agree to a long term contract.. you think thats a fair offer?? You wouldnt take it, and if you say you would, I call bullshit. Especcially knowing i want you to take less and give me the option to fire you and get out of the deal at any time I choose.

b/c you are using the franchise tag as a base for a ltd. that is wrong. a this point in time the luck deal is a fair offer and you said he will turn it down. That is where most fans would be like what the hell we offered him a fair offer now he is just chasing money.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VT, lets assume you got paid last year $100K and this year you got $120K. How would you feel if your employer came to you at the beginning of the next year and said, VT, we have paid you $220K over the last 2 years. We believe that the industry norm for your position over a 3 year period is $280K. Thus, we think it only fair that you work for us this year for $60K. Would you be greedy if you told your employer to pound sand and went to a competitor who was willing to pay you $140K?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b/c you are using the franchise tag as a base for a ltd. that is wrong. a this point in time the luck deal is a fair offer and you said he will turn it down. That is where most fans would be like what the hell we offered him a fair offer now he is just chasing money.

Again, they set the price. They never made him a "fair" offer and decided to tag him. Why should he take less than they have already agreed to pay him. Besides which, Carr is about to get $25M a year, which sets the market for starting QBs. So once again, I think what Kirk is asking for is within the fair market value for a starting long term QB. And its what its going to cost to get him long term.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, they set the price. They never made him a "fair" offer and decided to tag him. Why should he take less than they have already agreed to pay him. Besides which, Carr is about to get $25M a year, which sets the market for starting QBs. So once again, I think what Kirk is asking for is within the fair market value for a starting long term QB. And its what its going to cost to get him long term.

Im saying if they offer him the Luck deal right now. my hypothetical. Like I said before. If KC is going to use Carr's future deal why would he sign now? it doesn't make sense.