• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
contracts and drafting players are two different things. cmon now. Like I said before don't mind payin if he wins. The franchise tag was placed on him b/c they are still unsure. The Giant game didn't do KC any favors. They can still get another year out of KC without committing any long term money to be absolutely sure. That is why the tag was placed on him. Sure there is a risk of losing him in 2018 if he plays well and wins but if he wins Danny wont let him leave b/c of money. Plus why would he leave a winning team with a head coach that he likes. Just my opinion.

Sorry but if Im unsure of a player, Im not going to agree to pay them for a year knowing that once I am sure, they will cost more and put me in a worse position. If they still arent sure, the smart move would have been to let him walk and take the 3rd rounder next year planning to do another RG3 trade at worst. They tagged him because they were not willing to admit they made a mistake last year.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, lets be clear here. You MIGHT franchise a player once because you want that player to prove they were not a one year wonder. But if you tag a player a second time, its 100% because you know, if you dont get a long term deal in place before the tag date, you will lose that player. The Redskins tagged Cousins this year because without the tag or a long term deal, he was gone no questions asked.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the Denver game if that was the last play of the game . yes. I don't remember that game. Butler won the game with the INT b/c it was the last play of the game that ended the game. that is how I feel about that matter.

Why do we keep responding to an idiot that believes an INT to end a drive is a game winning play when the defense gave up 48 points before that?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we keep responding to an idiot that believes an INT to end a drive is a game winning play when the defense gave up 48 points before that?

I wouldnt say Dean is so much an idiot, as a reactionary with flawed hindsight and a tendency to want to hedge his bets. Right now, if we had Kirk locked up for $50M guaranteed and $20M a year, it would look like a bargain considering the current QB market. And if we are in the same position next year, many of us will point out how stupid it was to play the wait and see game yet again. Dean wants to be right, more than accept where the team is right now.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My position is wait and see. It has everything to do with this so called debate. Your position is that if a LTD doesn't get done by the Redskins organization its all the Redskins fault. Without even considering what KC is asking for. That is bullshit.
it is their fault because they had opportunity to take care of this 2 seasons ago if the grabbed their collective sacks and made a deal instead of of acting like a bunch of scared wenches . so yes its their fault because they have botched this from day one

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it is their fault because they had opportunity to take care of this 2 seasons ago if the grabbed their collective sacks and made a deal instead of of acting like a bunch of scared wenches . so yes its their fault because they have botched this from day one

Sad part is, if Kirk proves it more, many of the wait and see fans will still want more proof and say that he is just after the big pay day.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant base a ltd of the tag next year. There is no way KC will be tagged again next year at that number.
this is plain foolish . what freaking agent wouldnt base his offer off the guarantee of the tag ? and waiting and seeing means the cost will go up

are you willing to pay him even more by waiting and seeing ? are the redskins ? wanting to see more is an excuse and code for " i want another qb " he is a top 70 PB qb who has proved it over 2 seasons by his play

you have been crying over the money since the beginning of this off season and now you want to "wait and see" to pay even more money ? and you want us to buy that line of BS like we are fools ?

and wait and see what ? a playoff win ? will that be enough ? and extra 5 mil for a playoff win ? or maybe its 10 for an NFC championship game appearance ? or 15 mil more for a superbowl ? how much future money to you want to commit to after your "wait and see " BS comes to fruition ? or will you move the goalpost again when that time comes ?

and of course KC will be tagged at 34 mil next year if you want to keep him . hence negotiations will start there

so lets go over this again skins tag him last season for 20 mil , negotiations start their . why ? because the team was on the hook for that anyway , this year its 24 mil , guess what the team is on the hook for that so that is the starting point . next season it will be 34 mil . guess where the negotiations start at ?

now the skins could walk away at which point we are starting over again designing a new offense that fits the next wunderkind . hopefully it wont take 2 gutted drafts to get that deal done and that means our ability to draft good young talent goes with it . then you have to depend on aging free agents to build with and we have seen this film before

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deans wait and see is a mirage because he doesnt have the sack to say he wants a different qb . no way does this make sense because of cost . he is either your guy or he isnt . and if he is why pay more when you dont have too ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im an idiot? You don't know what a game winning play is. what does that make you? LOSER!!!

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is plain foolish . what freaking agent wouldnt base his offer off the guarantee of the tag ? and waiting and seeing means the cost will go up

are you willing to pay him even more by waiting and seeing ? are the redskins ? wanting to see more is an excuse and code for " i want another qb " he is a top 70 PB qb who has proved it over 2 seasons by his play

you have been crying over the money since the beginning of this off season and now you want to "wait and see" to pay even more money ? and you want us to buy that line of BS like we are fools ?

and wait and see what ? a playoff win ? will that be enough ? and extra 5 mil for a playoff win ? or maybe its 10 for an NFC championship game appearance ? or 15 mil more for a superbowl ? how much future money to you want to commit to after your "wait and see " BS comes to fruition ? or will you move the goalpost again when that time comes ?

and of course KC will be tagged at 34 mil next year if you want to keep him . hence negotiations will start there

so lets go over this again skins tag him last season for 20 mil , negotiations start their . why ? because the team was on the hook for that anyway , this year its 24 mil , guess what the team is on the hook for that so that is the starting point . next season it will be 34 mil . guess where the negotiations start at ?

now the skins could walk away at which point we are starting over again designing a new offense that fits the next wunderkind . hopefully it wont take 2 gutted drafts to get that deal done and that means our ability to draft good young talent goes with it . then you have to depend on aging free agents to build with and we have seen this film before

that is what your boy Sm said.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt say Dean is so much an idiot, as a reactionary with flawed hindsight and a tendency to want to hedge his bets. Right now, if we had Kirk locked up for $50M guaranteed and $20M a year, it would look like a bargain considering the current QB market. And if we are in the same position next year, many of us will point out how stupid it was to play the wait and see game yet again. Dean wants to be right, more than accept where the team is right now.

there is no right or wrong if KC doesnt want to play here or accept any deal.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
deans wait and see is a mirage because he doesnt have the sack to say he wants a different qb . no way does this make sense because of cost . he is either your guy or he isnt . and if he is why pay more when you dont have too ?

mirage? lol. There you go again proclaiming KC haters.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no right or wrong if KC doesnt want to play here or accept any deal.

Again dude, you are hedging the bet as always. The only real reasons you can come up with for the Skins not getting this deal done are...

1. What if he fails
2. What if we are in a position to go after one of these elite rookies, but dont because we signed Kirk long term.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dude, you are hedging the bet as always. The only real reasons you can come up with for the Skins not getting this deal done are...

1. What if he fails
2. What if we are in a position to go after one of these elite rookies, but dont because we signed Kirk long term.

3. KC doesn't want to sign back here.
4. Will not accept any offer from the Skins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3. KC doesn't want to sign back here.
4. Will not accept any offer from the Skins.

What has he said or done that makes you think this?? Aside from it fitting into your agenda, nothing he has said or done means he doesnt want to be here, or wont sign. In fact he has said the exact opposite. Just because he wont work for Mexican wages, does not me he wouldnt sign a fair deal.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am not calling him an idiot for the KC issue. I would call him a hypocritical delusionist for that.

Im an idiot? You don't know what a game winning play is. what does that make you? LOSER!!!

I do know what you are referring to as a game-winning play. We all know what you are referring to. Just nobody agrees with you over the name because it is a misnomer. It is idiotic to credit the defense with a game winning anything when they give up 48 points. Game sealing, game ending, game clinching, game saving are much more accurate.

The difference between you and the rest of us is not having an opinion...it is failing to see what others are saying and thinking they are wrong.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What has he said or done that makes you think this?? Aside from it fitting into your agenda, nothing he has said or done means he doesnt want to be here, or wont sign. In fact he has said the exact opposite. Just because he wont work for Mexican wages, does not me he wouldnt sign a fair deal.

we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. I just think a LTD wont happen unless Dan gives him a huge offer. Even if Dan comes back with a "fair" offer, I don't think he takes it. Just my opinion. I hope im wrong. If Dan offers the Luck deal to him and he says no then it will just prove my point. If Dan offers him the Luck deal and KC says yes then I will be wrong. simple as that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not calling him an idiot for the KC issue. I would call him a hypocritical delusionist for that.

I do know what you are referring to as a game-winning play. We all know what you are referring to. Just nobody agrees with you over the name because it is a misnomer. It is idiotic to credit the defense with a game winning anything when they give up 48 points. Game sealing, game ending, game clinching, game saving are much more accurate.

The difference between you and the rest of us is not having an opinion...it is failing to see what others are saying and thinking they are wrong.

You cant think what you want. I don't really care. When Cravens made that Int against the Giants it was game winning and season saving. If I am right about the KC situation then be man enough to admit to it. IF KC signs before 7/15 to a Luck type deal or less then I would say I was wrong on this matter.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we don't know what goes on behind closed doors. I just think a LTD wont happen unless Dan gives him a huge offer. Even if Dan comes back with a "fair" offer, I don't think he takes it. Just my opinion. I hope im wrong. If Dan offers the Luck deal to him and he says no then it will just prove my point. If Dan offers him the Luck deal and KC says yes then I will be wrong. simple as that.

Sorry chief. But the Luck deal is old news. Kinda like walking into the Kia Dealership and offering them full price of a 2015 on a 2017, they would laugh at you and say we can get a better deal from the next guy to walk in. Fair at this point would be the going rate on a long term QB. And anything short of what he is getting paid this year any way, simply aint going to cut it. Now they can keep trying to lowball him, but in the end all it leads to is us likely trying to do another RG3 trade, and bitching about not having any first round picks to improve the roster for the next three years.

Well that is unless you think the team is a 2-14 roster, in which case it was stupid to franchise him to begin with.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry chief. But the Luck deal is old news. Kinda like walking into the Kia Dealership and offering them full price of a 2015 on a 2017, they would laugh at you and say we can get a better deal from the next guy to walk in. Fair at this point would be the going rate on a long term QB. And anything short of what he is getting paid this year any way, simply aint going to cut it. Now they can keep trying to lowball him, but in the end all it leads to is us likely trying to do another RG3 trade, and bitching about not having any first round picks to improve the roster for the next three years.

Well that is unless you think the team is a 2-14 roster, in which case it was stupid to franchise him to begin with.

Luck is getting 23.5 mil per season and Kc is getting 24. is that really a low ball offer?