• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im saying if they offer him the Luck deal right now. my hypothetical. Like I said before. If KC is going to use Carr's future deal why would he sign now? it doesn't make sense.

Again dude, you are trying to play it from both angles.

Lucks deal is two years old. The team has already agreed he is worth $24M a year because they have agreed to pay him $24M. So anything less than that is him taking a pay cut... why should he?? And at the end of the day, if he signs long term you will be the first ot say.. holy shit we over paid Kirk. If he doesnt, you will be the first to dance a jig because you dont want to see him signed long term any way.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dude, you are trying to play it from both angles.

Lucks deal is two years old. The team has already agreed he is worth $24M a year because they have agreed to pay him $24M. So anything less than that is him taking a pay cut... why should he?? And at the end of the day, if he signs long term you will be the first ot say.. holy shit we over paid Kirk. If he doesnt, you will be the first to dance a jig because you dont want to see him signed long term any way.

no jig. I will just say I am right again. lol

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again dude, why is that Kirks fault?? The team could have signed him for around $50M guaranteed and $20M a year last year. But they bet against him to the tune of $20M. They lost the bet. Now if they want him, they have already spent that $20M. Add to it they have already agreed to pay him $24M this year. So win lose or draw, the longer they bet against him, the more it cost them in the long term if they want to keep him.

Think about that.

Oh, I understand, and you are right, he rolled the dice and won. My point is a $60 million guaranteed contract after already paying him $20 last year just seems a little much. I get it, we lost and have to eat that $20 mill and $27 is low, but he and his agent should have a little more wiggle room in their negotiations when considering that. $80 million guaranteed dollars is entirely too much for what he has accomplished. I don't think even you and some of the other super supporters could (with a straight face) dispute that

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your logic is a bit flawed. I understand the numbers aren't what KC wanted and they were lowball, but think about this for a second..

Last I checked KC got paid $20 million 100% guaranteed on the tag last year. If (BIG IF) he took the $27 million guaranteed, then that brings his grand total of guaranteed $$$ up to $47 million for a couple years of work, not too shabby for a 2 year starter. IF he holds out and wants something in the range of $55-60 mill guaranteed like some of you are suggesting, that will put him at $80 million dollars for 3 years of work. Think about that.. Does that not seem a bit excessive for a QB that has a .500 record and lost the only playoff game he was in?

KC was on a one year deal last year. It isn't relevant for this contract. This year, the market says fair is about 24-25 mil a season with 60 mil guaranteed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I understand, and you are right, he rolled the dice and won. My point is a $60 million guaranteed contract after already paying him $20 last year just seems a little much. I get it, we lost and have to eat that $20 mill and $27 is low, but he and his agent should have a little more wiggle room in their negotiations when considering that. $80 million guaranteed dollars is entirely too much for what he has accomplished. I don't think even you and some of the other super supporters could (with a straight face) dispute that

I can and will. Bruce bet against him and lost. Now he needs to man up and pay what it will cost to keep him. Because plan b will likely put us back to where we were in 2013, with a QB we traded way too much to get and no 1st round draft picks to improve the rest of the roster.

Unless of course we are betting $24M that he will fail, the team will finish 2-14 and we get to draft Darnold without trading up.

Either way its a suckers bet, and if we finish 2-14, Gruden gets fired, and Bruce should get fired.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no jig. I will just say I am right again. lol

Dean you been right what... once in the last five years?? And even on that one, the player you were right about wasnt worth what you were willing to give up to get him. Kudos bro, Kudos.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is what your boy Sm said.

well dean , my boy SM isnt here anymore . my boy had a contract worked out and the bog boys killed it . my boy SM hasnt been involved in negotiations for 2 years

and of course god forbid i would take a position that my boy is wrong or blowing smoke up an agents ass now would i

i think freely dean and just because i like a particular GM in this case does not mean i go down with the ship with him on this . i know its a hard concept for a person like you or the others to grasp but the use of distraction wont work here . NEXT

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT, lets assume you got paid last year $100K and this year you got $120K. How would you feel if your employer came to you at the beginning of the next year and said, VT, we have paid you $220K over the last 2 years. We believe that the industry norm for your position over a 3 year period is $280K. Thus, we think it only fair that you work for us this year for $60K. Would you be greedy if you told your employer to pound sand and went to a competitor who was willing to pay you $140K?

Nobody is asking KC to take a pay cut. Maybe just be a little flexible during negotiations. If we offered him $48 million guaranteed over the first 2 years of his contract (basically the tag x 2) and 24 million APY over another 3 years that would pay him $68 million guaranteed over 3 years and another $72 mill over the final 3 years. Do you not think that would be fair?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is what happens when you gamble and lose , the price went up its on you if you made a choice and it bites you

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is asking KC to take a pay cut. Maybe just be a little flexible during negotiations. If we offered him $48 million guaranteed over the first 2 years of his contract (basically the tag x 2) and 24 million APY over another 3 years do you not think that would be fair?

maybe he would take it but so far the latest report (probably a worthless rumor ) is they are 4 mil below the tag and only 16 mil in guarantees

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is asking KC to take a pay cut. Maybe just be a little flexible during negotiations. If we offered him $48 million guaranteed over the first 2 years of his contract (basically the tag x 2) and 24 million APY over another 3 years do you not think that would be fair?

And all we are saying is, put yourself in his shoes. Your boss, the owner of the company, wouldnrt even acknowledge you the first three years you worked there. When you are finally made the lead manager, he still hangs onto the guy he WANTED to succeed, and didnt even really acknowledge you until it got to a point where he felt he needed you. And even then, the company wanted you to work for far less than they likely would have paid the chosen one.

Would you be in any way shape or form be willing to give them a break AND leave yourself in a position to make less money, and get fired if they managed to get the willies over some new fancy college grad??

Kirk is being more than fair by NOT holding out at this point. He could have held out last year, he could have done it this year. Instead he has signed the tender both times, and is still saying all the right things aside from, IM willing to take less than I can get.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is asking KC to take a pay cut. Maybe just be a little flexible during negotiations. If we offered him $48 million guaranteed over the first 2 years of his contract (basically the tag x 2) and 24 million APY over another 3 years that would pay him $68 million guaranteed over 3 years and another $72 mill over the final 3 years. Do you not think that would be fair?
I'm not sure I'm following your offer. I can't get the math to work......I'm obviously missing something.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe he would take it but so far the latest report (probably a worthless rumor ) is they are 4 mil below the tag and only 16 mil in guarantees

Maybe he would take it? Lol. IMHO if this contract is offered his agent should recommend he run to the office and sign it.

This is all hypothetical skins dad. I know there are a lot of rumors out there and none of ushttuly know what is going on from either side. If they offer this contract to Kirk do you think it is more than fair? $68 million guaranteed ($20 already paid) for a de facto 6 year contract worth $140 million Yes or No??

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I'm following your offer. I can't get the math to work......I'm obviously missing something.

Its because he is saying Kirk should consider what the team paid him last year in total compensation going forward. Because the team already paid him $20M, Kirk should be fine with getting another $48M in guarantees and do the team a solid for their lack of faith in him to begin with.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See post to Skinsdad. $20 million already paid (I know I know, not part of the contract, but act like it is).

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See post to Skinsdad. $20 million already paid (I know I know, not part of the contract, but act like it is).

So do me a favor, slip me your bosses email addy, so I can tell him you are OK with him considering what they already paid you as a part of future compensation come next annual review.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commenting on an article is fine. Using a rumor to further your agenda.... not so much.

Your good lyin ass is the very last person here. That needs to be chastising, correcting, or calling out anyone regardless how questionable their sources are. At least dean hasn't taken a real life event that happened in the Redskin past, which many of us grew up watching. Blatantly twisting the facts around to try and fit your narrative on Kirk Cousins.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your good lyin ass is the very last person here. That needs to be chastising, correcting, or calling out anyone regardless how questionable their sources are. At least dean hasn't taken a real life event that happened in the Redskin past, which many of us grew up watching. Blatantly twisting the facts around to try and fit your narrative on Kirk Cousins.

Breed... please continue with the middle school name calling and remind me again how our defense wasnt historically bad??

You been figured out bro. You like to argue and cant accept the fact that you do sound like a hater when it comes to the subject of Kirk Cousins. Its not twisting the facts that any slight complement of Cousins sparks a book report of why we are butter cup nut huggers of Cousins and dont really see that the team would be much better off continuing to chase elite.

But as always, thanks for chiming in. Despite our disagreements on the subject of the QB, still love ya like a brother. :suds:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its because he is saying Kirk should consider what the team paid him last year in total compensation going forward. Because the team already paid him $20M, Kirk should be fine with getting another $48M in guarantees and do the team a solid for their lack of faith in him to begin with.

Well...they could have let him walk before the first tag ..no?? If KC was so sure that he would have gotten a better offer then why did he sign the tender? Why did he not test the waters? Simple. He knew he wouldn't get a better offer than the $20 million he made in the tag. You can't criticize the FO for not signing him to a LTD after 2015 yet call foul on KC being disrespected when he didn't even test the waters. The only way he would have gotten a contract in that range was if it was from a crappy team.