• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a LTD cant get done. What other options do we have?

Not the question. Would you rather KC for the next five years or one of these upcoming first round QBs?

To answer your question, IF we can't sign KC with a fair market offer or we don't really want him, then yes you trade him for a first if we can. These repeated BS offers send the signal we don't really want him

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction, Kirk is going to get paid no matter how the team finishes... unless he becomes one of the worst QBs in the league over night. Again, calm down and stop getting all excited over we might be able to off Kirk for draft picks. Put yourself in their shoes, would you give up the picks knowing the Skins cant or probably wont franchise tag him again??

The only way this trade becomes possible is

1. The team is well below .500 come week eight
2. Kirk is a primary reason the team is well below .500

IF these are the case, would you trade for a failing QB??

We have been over this. They would do the trade b/c its Kyle's guy and don't want to bid with other teams in FA. It has nothing to do with the Skins in Fa of 2018. Kyle is not going to care how Kc performs this year. He is going to want him. So yea an 1 and 3 is a small price to pay to get Kyle guy for his head coaching future.

The Niners should jump at that chance. You said yourself that if a LTD doenst get done KC is likely gone next year so why not get draft picks?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the question. Would you rather KC for the next five years or one of these upcoming first round QBs?

To answer your question, IF we can't sign KC with a fair market offer or we don't really want him, then yes you trade him for a first if we can. These repeated BS offers send the signal we don't really want him

From the numbers being thrown out for next year. No I don't think he worth that type of money. IF the Skins offered the Luck deal to KC and he accepts it. I would be fine with it. If KC turns down the Luck deal I would say ok we are looking for trade partners.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the numbers being thrown out for next year. No I don't think he worth that type of money. IF the Skins offered the Luck deal to KC and he accepts it. I would be fine with it. If KC turns down the Luck deal I would say ok we are looking for trade partners.

He has never been offered close to the Luck contract. Answer the question and we all know the answer.

Let's try this...

Would you rather have KC for the next five years at 24 mil a season or a rookie at 4 mil a season?

Would you rather have KC at 20 mil a season or a rookie at 4 mil?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have been over this. They would do the trade b/c its Kyle's guy and don't want to bid with other teams in FA. It has nothing to do with the Skins in Fa of 2018. Kyle is not going to care how Kc performs this year. He is going to want him. So yea an 1 and 3 is a small price to pay to get Kyle guy for his head coaching future.

The Niners should jump at that chance. You said yourself that if a LTD doenst get done KC is likely gone next year so why not get draft picks?

You are joking right?? So you think they would give up what could be a top five pick and have to spend the money any way, just to avoid a bidding war that they have the upper hand in any way?? Smart money would say, dont do the Redskins any favors, if they want to off him for a 3rd, fine. But a first would be out of the question considering they could just wait, sign him as a free agent, then trade that first to the Redskins for three of their first rounders and let the Redskins keep trying to take short cuts to getting an elite QB.

Again Dean, put yourself in their shoes for a moment.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are joking right?? So you think they would give up what could be a top five pick and have to spend the money any way, just to avoid a bidding war that they have the upper hand in any way?? Smart money would say, dont do the Redskins any favors, if they want to off him for a 3rd, fine. But a first would be out of the question considering they could just wait, sign him as a free agent, then trade that first to the Redskins for three of their first rounders and let the Redskins keep trying to take short cuts to getting an elite QB.

Again Dean, put yourself in their shoes for a moment.

They run the risk of getting outbid by other teams. why cant you see this?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has never been offered close to the Luck contract. Answer the question and we all know the answer.

Let's try this...

Would you rather have KC for the next five years at 24 mil a season or a rookie at 4 mil a season?

Would you rather have KC at 20 mil a season or a rookie at 4 mil?

Kc at those numbers. But I don't think those are realistic numbers next year.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kc at those numbers. But I don't think those are realistic numbers next year.

Not next year...if we wait to sign him next year his price will likely be 26 mil a season. If we offer him that now with 60 million guaranteed, I think he would take it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not next year...if we wait to sign him next year his price will likely be 26 mil a season. If we offer him that now with 60 million guaranteed, I think he would take it.

24 per season at 60mg yes I would be happy with that. No arguments. My opinion is that he turns that down. So if he turns it down do you blame the Skins for this?

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
24 per season at 60mg yes I would be happy with that. No arguments. My opinion is that he turns that down. So if he turns it down do you blame the Skins for this?

What makes you believe he turns that down?

Would you give him 25 mil a season?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes you believe he turns that down?

Would you give him 25 mil a season?

I think he wants to fit FA. Just my opinion. The only way he signs a LTD right now is if Danny offers him a huge deal. 25 yes but that would be the highest.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They run the risk of getting outbid by other teams. why cant you see this?

Because I think you are putting entirely too much stock in them fearing being outbid by another team because it would set up a scenario you have been hoping for since March any way. Mainly that we off Kirk for draft picks and go after the shiny new toy. You are like a broke Dan Snyder, always eyeing the next shiny new toy and trying to figure out how can we get it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I think you are putting entirely too much stock in them fearing being outbid by another team because it would set up a scenario you have been hoping for since March any way. Mainly that we off Kirk for draft picks and go after the shiny new toy. You are like a broke Dan Snyder, always eyeing the next shiny new toy and trying to figure out how can we get it.

Too much stock? it could very well happen. A lot of teams trade draft picks for players so they don't hit FA. This is known. If you want to the guy and you have the money to pay him why hold back?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. I thought you were advocating a wait and see approach? now you are ok with them inking a ltd, just not for too much? Dude, you are all over the place.........

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. I thought you were advocating a wait and see approach? now you are ok with them inking a ltd, just not for too much? Dude, you are all over the place.........

A LTD at a decent number. I said wait and see b/c I don't think KC wants a decent number. He wants a big number. Plus a trade in season is very possible.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much stock? it could very well happen. A lot of teams trade draft picks for players so they don't hit FA. This is known. If you want to the guy and you have the money to pay him why hold back?

Sure it could very well happen.

You know what else could very well happen??

Kirk and the Skins are at or around .500 come the trade deadline, Kirk is having a solid season.

No trade happens or is even hinted at. And we are right back to should we sign Kirk long term at the end of the season.

See Dean the problem is, you are fixated on drafting a QB next year. And you are hoping the team doesnt do anything that would prevent that. Signing Kirk long term now would prevent that. Any situation where we off Kirk, would likely make that happen.

Some one should seriously write Kiem a strongly worded email and tell him to stop feeding into fantasies where the Skins some how off Cousins for a top draft pick that will allow them to go on the quest for Darnold. Because the odds of it happening are slim at best.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A LTD at a decent number. I said wait and see b/c I don't think KC wants a decent number. He wants a big number. Plus a trade in season is very possible.

OK I got to ask... how do you see it as very possible.

How bad would the team have to be in order to make a trade in season happen??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it could very well happen.

You know what else could very well happen??

Kirk and the Skins are at or around .500 come the trade deadline, Kirk is having a solid season.

No trade happens or is even hinted at. And we are right back to should we sign Kirk long term at the end of the season.

See Dean the problem is, you are fixated on drafting a QB next year. And you are hoping the team doesnt do anything that would prevent that. Signing Kirk long term now would prevent that. Any situation where we off Kirk, would likely make that happen.

Some one should seriously write Kiem a strongly worded email and tell him to stop feeding into fantasies where the Skins some how off Cousins for a top draft pick that will allow them to go on the quest for Darnold. Because the odds of it happening are slim at best.

Im fine with a LTD at a decent number. I don't think it will happen before 7/15. KC is crazy to sign anything right now. Unless Dan does something crazy. You think its easy to get a LTD done with KC right now and its not.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 is done and gone. The team cant really look at it and say, well we already paid you this much, you should take a discount now. Would any one have the audacity to ask another QB to give them a discount because they have already made alot of money??

The second thing on this is, in 2015 they used the non exclusive tag because the Redskins were not the only people that had questions about if Kirk was a one year wonder. The reason they used the exclusive rights tag this year is because there was a pretty good chance some one would meet what it will take to sign Kirk long term and would have been willing to give up the draft picks in compensation. All of this could have been avoided had they simply made a decent offer back in March.

Ok, fair enough on 2015. The FO rolled the dice and lost. But you can bet your ass they are considering that ($20 mill on the tag they already paid) when talking about the guaranteed money they are willing to pay right now. I get it and agree. $27 million is low. But $60-65 million is too high IMO. Somewhere in the middle is more fair for both sides.

And if Washington wasn't the only team not sold on KC then why are guys giving them so much hell for not signing him to a big $$ deal last year? How is it that he was so disrespected at that point?? I understand we offered a lowball contract last year, but it's obvious to me that he wouldn't have signed for less than $20 million a year last year. As you guys put it...why would he??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK I got to ask... how do you see it as very possible.

How bad would the team have to be in order to make a trade in season happen??

The Redskins would know that we cant get a ltd done with KC so we should get draft picks. That is not possible?