• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geez loiuse , dean they are in great cap shape , i doubt they get outbid but if they do then what do the 49ers do ? i would say draft a qb

Dean heard there was a possible way for us to get a draft pick for Cousins still and went full on we gotta deal him mode again.

Some things never change.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean heard there was a possible way for us to get a draft pick for Cousins still and went full on we gotta deal him mode again.

Some things never change.
yep he isnt fooling anyone

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see you guys don't look at all possibilities here. what if he doesn't sign?

then what happens dean ? we are in the market for a new qb . and i dont see a team giving up money and picks to get KC when they can simply wait it out to FA

then with a new qb (most likely a rookie ) we will be back to having to fight through a rookie qb's growing pains that will always happen thus setting us back

i have no treason to believe that KC wont sign a fair offer

and of course i can always go back to IF ,,,, IF was a FIFTH we all would be drunk

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
see you guys don't look at all possibilities here. what if he doesn't sign?

Dean, thats the thing, we are not excited by the prospect of him not signing so we can go chase elite again. We realize that the smartest thing for the team to do is come up with a deal that Kirk will accept, and the team can live with. Because despite the glowing reviews the 2018 QB class is currently getting, changing direction right now probably does more harm than good. We have seen how QBs tend to get over evaluated when a team doesnt have a QB. Why would any rational individual be hoping the team puts them selves in a position to Pick Ryan Leaf if things only go slightly bad, or trade up for the next RG3 if things dont go horrible, but we need to trade up for a QB.

Show me a plan that 100% says we get a better QB by moving on from Kirk, IM game. But if all we are doing this for is a chance to get a more heralded rookie who has about a 25% chance of success..... Im not a huge fan of those odds.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you blame the Redskins if he doesnt sign a fair deal. This is what I take issue with.
well how bout we see them offer him one first that doesnt get killed by allen ?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well how bout we see them offer him one first that doesnt get killed by allen ?

They will offer. The question is will KC accept. Plus will the public know the offers.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but you blame the Redskins if he doesnt sign a fair deal. This is what I take issue with.

You should take issue with the fact that the redskins have as yet not made him a fair offer.

And you are hung up on FAIR in your opinion. A Fair offer at this point should be a offer that Kirk will accept, and that the team can live with. Not that makes the team look smart or savy, because they already missed that window.

The line of thinking SHOULD be, whats it going to take to keep our QB, not what can we do other than giving Kirk the deal he wants.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is market value ? that is fair . how is that determined ? that is the question

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should take issue with the fact that the redskins have as yet not made him a fair offer.

And you are hung up on FAIR in your opinion. A Fair offer at this point should be a offer that Kirk will accept, and that the team can live with. Not that makes the team look smart or savy, because they already missed that window.

The line of thinking SHOULD be, whats it going to take to keep our QB, not what can we do other than giving Kirk the deal he wants.

the deal gk proposed is fair and there is a good possibility he doesn't sign it. Kc has a shot to really break the bank. YOu cant the Skins to come in a 30m right now.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say it again, if they are going into this with the thought of, what can we offer that will seem fair but he wont accept, then we have already lost. We already know its probably going to take $60M in guarantees and $24M APY to get the ball rolling. Going at this with the misguided concept that we can easily find a better QB in next years draft is flawed thinking. If they didnt think he was worth $24M, they shouldnt have tagged him. If they dont think a long term deal will get done, Smart money would deal him for what you can get now and start planning for the draft... but even if they deal him this moment, I dont think they sniff a first rounder for him because the team that takes him knows they can wait and get him for no draft compensation.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the deal gk proposed is fair and there is a good possibility he doesn't sign it. Kc has a shot to really break the bank. YOu cant the Skins to come in a 30m right now.
and their is just a good chance he would sign it so what is your point ?

the front office could have settled this 3 years ago at a much more reasonable price if BA had not killed it PERIOD . if we lose him whether by KC's own alleged greed or low ball efforts of the FO i will hold the FO responsible for botching this from the beginning . they gambled and they lost , any overpay falls squarely on their shoulders

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Washington Redskins quarterback Kirk Cousins plays under the franchise tag in 2017, his $23.9 million base salary will easily be the highest in football. But because it would cost about $35 million to tag him again in 2018, the 28-year-old is in line to receive a huge long-term deal on the open market next spring.

That's if he can put together a strong 2017 season.

Cousins, who has ranked in the top eight when it comes to completion percentage, yards per attempt and passer rating while leading the Redskins to winning records in each of his first two seasons as a starter, is shamefully underrated. But you're only as good as your last season when you're living year to year in a league like this.

If a tagged Cousins again helps the Redskins put together a winning season while again ranking among the top five quarterbacks in key statistical categories, he could become the highest-paid player in NFL history early next year.

If instead the Redskins sink in the standings and Cousins comes back to earth statistically, he might struggle merely to find a starting job.

This truly is a make-or-break year for the former fourth-round pick out of Michigan State.

this is what wait and see can bring highest paid player in HISTORY . skins have gambled twice and lost shall we go 0-3 ? or be smart and get a reasonable deal ?