• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't understand. You put words in my mouth. The KC situation has multiple points of view but you refuse to admit this. You just say if you don't want him singed to a long term deal now then you say we are KC haters. What you fail to realize is that maybe KC doesn't really want to sign a LTD now and wants to wait it out. But of course that does not enter your mind.
KC may very well want that but what does that have to do with the people you are debating and your position

you keep telling us how you have some top secret message and "we dont undertsand " and we are lower life form incapable of analyzing things

they fact is we understand you POV and think you are extremely wrong

see none of you say "we dont want him signed to a LTD " you all pussy foot around talking about wanting to see more after each season . man up and say you think there is a better option and put some names to it and stop sitting on the fence waiting to see which way the wind blows

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh that is a bit much now. Do I have to check with you before I can comment on a article or rumor?

Commenting on an article is fine. Using a rumor to further your agenda.... not so much.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh that is a bit much now. Do I have to check with you before I can comment on a article or rumor?
It might save you a lot of headaches.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC may very well want that but what does that have to do with the people you are debating and your position

you keep telling us how you have some top secret message and "we dont undertsand " and we are lower life form incapable of analyzing things

see none of you say "we dont want him signed to a LTD " you all pussy foot around talking about wanting to see more after each season . man up and say you think there is a better option and put some names to it and stop sitting on the fence waiting to see which way the wind blows

My position is wait and see. It has everything to do with this so called debate. Your position is that if a LTD doesn't get done by the Redskins organization its all the Redskins fault. Without even considering what KC is asking for. That is bullshit.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The name would be ABC...Anyone But Cousins.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Commenting on an article is fine. Using a rumor to further your agenda.... not so much.

what agenda? wait and see doesn't mean there is an agenda. Like I said before KC might not want to sign a LTD deal now. So that is the Redskins fault?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My position is wait and see. It has everything to do with this so called debate. Your position is that if a LTD doesn't get done by the Redskins organization its all the Redskins fault. Without even considering what KC is asking for. That is bullshit.

And you have run with the line of thinking that what he is asking for must be unreasonable because he is just all about the money. If he isnt willing to take less than the team has already agreed to pay him this year, he must want out. And besides, we should wait and see, because we might have a shot at getting some one better next year and even if we dont, at least we saved the cap space.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have run with the line of thinking that what he is asking for must be unreasonable because he is just all about the money. If he isnt willing to take less than the team has already agreed to pay him this year, he must want out. And besides, we should wait and see, because we might have a shot at getting some one better next year and even if we dont, at least we saved the cap space.

How can I run with that line when the so called offers haven't been public yet? You are equating wait and see to wanting KC gone and that is just wrong.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what agenda? wait and see doesn't mean there is an agenda. Like I said before KC might not want to sign a LTD deal now. So that is the Redskins fault?

Dean, as I have said before.. the only things you want to wait and see are..

1. If Cousins improves, in which case you will likely still complain he isnt worth his ask as it will now be an average of $35M a year.

2. If we finish the season in a position to draft one of these uberstuds in the 2018 draft.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean, as I have said before.. the only things you want to wait and see are..

1. If Cousins improves, in which case you will likely still complain he isnt worth his ask as it will now be an average of $35M a year.

2. If we finish the season in a position to draft one of these uberstuds in the 2018 draft.

So the top rate to sign a Qb this year is 25M according to Ian Rapport but you say it jumps next year to 35M? Interesting.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the top rate to sign a Qb this year is 25M according to Ian Rapport but you say it jumps next year to 35M? Interesting.

It jumps to $35M the moment the Redskins franchise tag him again.

If you sign a contract to work for me for $100K for one year, and I decide I want to hire you on long term, would you then agree to take a yearly salary of $65k??

The longer we wait, after we have guaranteed a certain amount, why would Kirk agree to take LESS in guaranteed money and less over all than he could make??

I know I know, this is why you think he would rather wait and not sign long term. Reality is, if the Redskins come with a real offer, I expect he will sign it. But these half ass PR offers are a joke and we both know it.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It jumps to $35M the moment the Redskins franchise tag him again.

If you sign a contract to work for me for $100K for one year, and I decide I want to hire you on long term, would you then agree to take a yearly salary of $65k??

The longer we wait, after we have guaranteed a certain amount, why would Kirk agree to take LESS in guaranteed money and less over all than he could make??

I know I know, this is why you think he would rather wait and not sign long term. Reality is, if the Redskins come with a real offer, I expect he will sign it. But these half ass PR offers are a joke and we both know it.

you cant base a ltd of the tag next year. There is no way KC will be tagged again next year at that number.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you cant base a ltd of the tag next year. There is no way KC will be tagged again next year at that number.

So again you want to wait and see because even you admit that the odds are the team wont be able to keep him next year. Interesting.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So again you want to wait and see because even you admit that the odds are the team wont be able to keep him next year. Interesting.

No. Very possible they can sign KC to a LTD next off season. It wouldn't be 35m average per year contract.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. Very possible they can sign KC to a LTD next off season. It wouldn't be 35m average per year contract.

It would be a deal that includes about $70M guaranteed if not more. Maybe not $35M per season mind you. But it wont be a deal with LESS guaranteed money than he is reportedly asking for now. And again, if the team tags him at $35M next season, why would he accept less??

Last year he was asking for $20M a season on average, the team tagged him at $20M. Now he is asking for $24M a year on average, because the team again agreed to pay him $24M. So if the tag is $35M, why would not the ask be $35M... add in that the market will skyrocket because you have guys like Ryan who will be due for a new deal.

One thing we can be damn sure of, the cost for a QB is not going to suddenly drop next year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a deal that includes about $70M guaranteed if not more. Maybe not $35M per season mind you. But it wont be a deal with LESS guaranteed money than he is reportedly asking for now. And again, if the team tags him at $35M next season, why would he accept less??

Last year he was asking for $20M a season on average, the team tagged him at $20M. Now he is asking for $24M a year on average, because the team again agreed to pay him $24M. So if the tag is $35M, why would not the ask be $35M... add in that the market will skyrocket because you have guys like Ryan who will be due for a new deal.

One thing we can be damn sure of, the cost for a QB is not going to suddenly drop next year.

thank you for admitting that you are wrong about the 35m per season. the team is not tagging him next season so its a false statement. You don't know what KC is asking for. Another false statement. So again a LTD doesn't jump 11m in one year per season. SM said it the best. You don't work LTD's off Franchise tags.

My post that you dismissed explains what is going to happen. The only way a LTD gets done with KC is if Synder panics and offers the moon. I don't see KC taking a deal in the 22-24m range. He wanted the tag. He wants to hit FA next year. why do you dismiss this?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thank you for admitting that you are wrong about the 35m per season. the team is not tagging him next season so its a false statement. You don't know what KC is asking for. Another false statement. So again a LTD doesn't jump 11m in one year per season. SM said it the best. You don't work LTD's off Franchise tags.

My post that you dismissed explains what is going to happen. The only way a LTD gets done with KC is if Synder panics and offers the moon. I don't see KC taking a deal in the 22-24m range. He wanted the tag. He wants to hit FA next year. why do you dismiss this?

Actually it has been reported multiple times that Cousins and his camp are asking for the cost of the tag this year and next year in guaranteed money. Because total contract value means nothing as it is not guaranteed. Last year they were asking for $44M in guaranteed money as a starting point. This year they are asking for $59M or so in guaranteed money as a starting point in any negotiations. (The Tag this year, plus next year). So yea I have a solid idea of what he is asking for. Based on his actions thus far, I can make an educated guess that his agent will ask for the amount in a long term deal that the team has already agreed to pay him on a one year deal.

Now I admit I dont think they will franchise tag him next year, because it would again put them in a bad negotiation position.

You assume he wanted the tag and wants to hit FA, because it fits your agenda. hen again you seem to think we can just go into next years draft and find a better QB as well.

Side note, I do find it funny you are all over Scots words when they agree with your agenda, but were happy as fuck that the man got fired because you were butt hurt he didnt take your man crush in the 2015 draft.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it has been reported multiple times that Cousins and his camp are asking for the cost of the tag this year and next year in guaranteed money. Because total contract value means nothing as it is not guaranteed. Last year they were asking for $44M in guaranteed money as a starting point. This year they are asking for $59M or so in guaranteed money as a starting point in any negotiations. (The Tag this year, plus next year). So yea I have a solid idea of what he is asking for. Based on his actions thus far, I can make an educated guess that his agent will ask for the amount in a long term deal that the team has already agreed to pay him on a one year deal.

Now I admit I dont think they will franchise tag him next year, because it would again put them in a bad negotiation position.

You assume he wanted the tag and wants to hit FA, because it fits your agenda. hen again you seem to think we can just go into next years draft and find a better QB as well.

Side note, I do find it funny you are all over Scots words when they agree with your agenda, but were happy as fuck that the man got fired because you were butt hurt he didnt take your man crush in the 2015 draft.

Im using SM words b/c they make sense. You have no idea what the numbers are in this deal. So why comment on it? Doesn't fit my agenda that KC wants to hit Fa. It fits KC's bank account. Sure 59mg but how long is the contract? Is there an out clause? There is no much stuff to discuss.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im using SM words b/c they make sense. You have no idea what the numbers are in this deal. So why comment on it? Doesn't fit my agenda that KC wants to hit Fa. It fits KC's bank account. Sure 59mg but how long is the contract? Is there an out clause? There is no much stuff to discuss.

They make sense because its what you want to hear. Two years ago he was a fool for passing up on the player you wanted us to take. Funny how that works.

There is always an out clause in an NFL contract. You want to move on from the player, you take the cap hit plain and simple. Since the only guaranteed money, is the guaranteed money. Cousins is likely going to get paid no matter what, the question is... who is going to sign the checks. Now unless you expect the team to fail, its illogical to play the wait and see knowing he is going to cost you more if he shows you what you want. If the team didnt think he could be the long term answer, it was stupid to franchise him. So which is it, we were dumb for franchising him now, or we are being dumb playing the lets wait and see if we get to pay more game??

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They make sense because its what you want to hear. Two years ago he was a fool for passing up on the player you wanted us to take. Funny how that works.

There is always an out clause in an NFL contract. You want to move on from the player, you take the cap hit plain and simple. Since the only guaranteed money, is the guaranteed money. Cousins is likely going to get paid no matter what, the question is... who is going to sign the checks. Now unless you expect the team to fail, its illogical to play the wait and see knowing he is going to cost you more if he shows you what you want. If the team didnt think he could be the long term answer, it was stupid to franchise him. So which is it, we were dumb for franchising him now, or we are being dumb playing the lets wait and see if we get to pay more game??

contracts and drafting players are two different things. cmon now. Like I said before don't mind payin if he wins. The franchise tag was placed on him b/c they are still unsure. The Giant game didn't do KC any favors. They can still get another year out of KC without committing any long term money to be absolutely sure. That is why the tag was placed on him. Sure there is a risk of losing him in 2018 if he plays well and wins but if he wins Danny wont let him leave b/c of money. Plus why would he leave a winning team with a head coach that he likes. Just my opinion.