• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so you dismiss what happened before ? you make a" game winning " play at the end and you say the defense is good ? HUH ? that is your position you are selling us ?

I didn't say the defense was good for the 10000 time. I said they made the game winning play. why cant you understand this.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe because your argument has held little weight in all aspects. You have said

1. We should deal Kirk because he wants too much.
2. We should wait and see because we might be able to find some one better for less.
3. Stats only matter when they support your argument.

this post.

lol. I knew this was coming. Here we go with the stats again. Of course Carr is going to wait if KC signs a LTD before 7/15. b/c his agent knows that he is worth more than KC. So they will play the waiting game. Now once the 7/15 deadline passes maybe Carr could get a deal done. Then, like I said KC will play out the season and we will revisit this next year.

This is why KC will not resign right now b/c he is going to wait for Carr to sign his deal. If Carr doenst sign this offseason then we will go through this same thing next year. Now the wildcard in all of this is Danny. If Danny panics and gives KC a huge deal before 7/15 then Carr will point to this deal and say I want more.

Now if all three QB's Stafford, Carr, and KC become Fa in 2018 the only way KC makes more money then Carr would be if KC has a huge season and takes us to the NFC Championship game or SuperBowl. Meanwhile if Carr takes the Raiders to the AFC Championship game or Super Bowl his contract should still trump KC's. Stafford should not make the playoffs this year so he could be the lowest of the three regarding the money in the contract. Plus I think he is the oldest out of all of them.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say the defense was good for the 10000 time. I said they made the game winning play. why cant you understand this.

OH we get that. What we find amusing is that you are not willing to accept the fact that the defense played a much larger role in why we didnt make the playoffs than the QB did.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OH we get that. What we find amusing is that you are not willing to accept the fact that the defense played a much larger role in why we didnt make the playoffs than the QB did.

of course it did play a role and so did the QB.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this post.

lol. I knew this was coming. Here we go with the stats again. Of course Carr is going to wait if KC signs a LTD before 7/15. b/c his agent knows that he is worth more than KC. So they will play the waiting game. Now once the 7/15 deadline passes maybe Carr could get a deal done. Then, like I said KC will play out the season and we will revisit this next year.

This is why KC will not resign right now b/c he is going to wait for Carr to sign his deal. If Carr doenst sign this offseason then we will go through this same thing next year. Now the wildcard in all of this is Danny. If Danny panics and gives KC a huge deal before 7/15 then Carr will point to this deal and say I want more.

Now if all three QB's Stafford, Carr, and KC become Fa in 2018 the only way KC makes more money then Carr would be if KC has a huge season and takes us to the NFC Championship game or SuperBowl. Meanwhile if Carr takes the Raiders to the AFC Championship game or Super Bowl his contract should still trump KC's. Stafford should not make the playoffs this year so he could be the lowest of the three regarding the money in the contract. Plus I think he is the oldest out of all of them.

Again... this holds zero weight in reality. Because if all three hit FA next year, all three will get deals in the same ball park $25M plus. The only way Kirk doesnt get a deal in that range is if HE turns into one of the worst QBs in the league. You want to swing the age thing, which is a joke considering that multiple QBs have played well into their 30s. You say we should wait and see, even though that means if Kirk does perform we pay more (putting the team in a worse cap situation) or move on, putting the team in a who the fuck knows what we end up with situation.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again... this holds zero weight in reality. Because if all three hit FA next year, all three will get deals in the same ball park $25M plus. The only way Kirk doesnt get a deal in that range is if HE turns into one of the worst QBs in the league. You want to swing the age thing, which is a joke considering that multiple QBs have played well into their 30s. You say we should wait and see, even though that means if Kirk does perform we pay more (putting the team in a worse cap situation) or move on, putting the team in a who the fuck knows what we end up with situation.

not about weight. Its what I think how it will play out.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course it did play a role and so did the QB.

The defense and lack of running game production over the season played more of a role than Kirk failing to bring the team back in a game where the defense finally played average ball. Sorry if Im not impressed that the defense managed to hold the Giants to 13 points when the Giants averaged 19 points per game. So they prevented two field goals.... wonderful.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean you must think everyone on this board is stupid

you make the case that KC is responsible for our losses

we say , no its a team game and our defense sucks and they have a piece in the losses

you respond , that no because on x number of occasions the defense stopped a last gasp drive by desperate offenses with a pass INT or break up and hence that over rules the atrocious play prior to that for the offense to overcome to put us in position to win

we say no that asking the above avg qb to overcome a crappy defense and suspect run game and special teams is a lot to ask any one player (even dan marino and sonny more often then not couldnt overcome that )

you respond that KC is avg and that any stiff could do what he did and we need to go after the ryan fitzpatrick of the world or draft next years wunderkind

we say having stability at qb and putting resources into the rest of the team is better then being set back a few more years

you say that wont happen because allen has the divine wind working for him and the great one will only cost us 2 gutted drafts to do it

we say , no we are moving in the right direction and we should keep the stability

you say my opinion is better then anyone elses and hence we should buy your malarkey , but you dont hate KC or move the goal posts to suit your narrative

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dean you must think everyone on this board is stupid

you make the case that KC is responsible for our losses

we say , no its a team game and our defense sucks and they have a piece in the losses

you respond , that no because on x number of occasions the defense stopped a last gasp drive by desperate offenses with a pass INT or break up and hence that over rules the atrocious play prior to that for the offense to overcome to put us in position to win

we say no that asking the above avg qb to overcome a crappy defense and suspect run game and special teams is a lot to ask any one player (even dan marino and sonny more often then not couldnt overcome that )

you respond that KC is avg and that any stiff could do what he did and we need to go after the ryan fitzpatrick of the world or draft next years wunderkind

we say having stability at qb and putting resources into the rest of the team is better then being set back a few more years

you say that wont happen because allen has the divine wind working for him and the great one will only cost us 2 gutted drafts to do it

we say , no we are moving in the right direction and we should keep the stability

you say my opinion is better then anyone elses and hence we should buy your malarkey , but you dont hate KC or move the goal posts to suit your narrative

I deny all of that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have numerous posts that tells a different story jim comey

I reply to certain posts. commenting on situations. You are just generalizing. Lets see how this plays out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I reply to certain posts. commenting on situations. You are just generalizing. Lets see how this plays out.

i think a lot of us know thats more double talk and tap dancing

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly where does thinking he is the best QB we have had in 20 years, thinking that keeping him puts this team in a better position than losing him and drafting a rookie equate to us thinking he is Jesus Christ??

Is he elite?? Nope.

Does the team think we could have just plugged any one in and they would do better?? Well the franchise tag says that the FO realized that the team is better of with Cousins than once more delving into the abyss.

And the clincher here is, if they really thought the team was better off playing the wait and see game, why even bother trying to negotiate any further??
I deny all of that.
of course you do. That's what you do. The cover up is always more damaging that the crime.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think a lot of us know thats more double talk and tap dancing

you don't understand. You put words in my mouth. The KC situation has multiple points of view but you refuse to admit this. You just say if you don't want him singed to a long term deal now then you say we are KC haters. What you fail to realize is that maybe KC doesn't really want to sign a LTD now and wants to wait it out. But of course that does not enter your mind.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't understand. You put words in my mouth. The KC situation has multiple points of view but you refuse to admit this. You just say if you don't want him singed to a long term deal now then you say we are KC haters. What you fail to realize is that maybe KC doesn't really want to sign a LTD now and wants to wait it out. But of course that does not enter your mind.
And you have advocated everyone of those points of views at one time or another. First it was money. Then KC wanted 30m and was greedy. Then it was wait and see. Then it was the defense bailed him out. Now it's KC doesn't want to sign a LTD. see a pattern? Why not come clean and just admit you want that new shiny toy in the draft next year?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course you do. That's what you do. The cover up is always more damaging that the crime.

what cover up? I have been saying the same stuff for awhile now. you guys just cant accept a different point of view.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you have advocated everyone of those points of views at one time or another. First it was money. Then KC wanted 30m and was greedy. Then it was wait and see. Then it was the defense bailed him out. Now it's KC doesn't want to sign a LTD. see a pattern? Why not come clean and just admit you want that new shiny toy in the draft next year?

I comment on the rumors that were posted at that particular time. 30m for KC right now is greedy. I backed up all my points.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I comment on the rumors that were posted at that particular time. 30m for KC right now is greedy. I backed up all my points.
It was a stupid rumor that should have never been even commented on yet you ran with it as it if was gospel.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a stupid rumor that should have never been even commented on yet you ran with it as it if was gospel.

oh that is a bit much now. Do I have to check with you before I can comment on a article or rumor?