• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins' Kirk Cousins: Still far apart on extension terms

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dean's latest position (#45) is that Dan is just being fiscally responsible. Never mind that this FO has fucked this thing up for the last 2 years.

How do you debate that????

So in your eyes Kc deserves the blank check?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in your eyes Kc deserves the blank check?
KC deserves a fair offer based on market value. He has yet to receive that. Until he does, we have no idea what he will do. You can agree with that, correct?

If the Carr rumors are true, he will get in the $25M/y range. Yet he has never won anything. Stafford will get more. What has he won?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC deserves a fair offer based on market value. He has yet to receive that. Until he does, we have no idea what he will do. You can agree with that, correct?

If the Carr rumors are true, he will get in the $25M/y range. Yet he has never won anything. Stafford will get more. What has he won?

You mean to tell me with the money being equal you would take KC over Carr and Stafford right now?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean to tell me with the money being equal you would take KC over Carr and Stafford right now?
In this system? Yes. What have those guys ever done to make them worthy and KC not?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this system? Yes. What have those guys ever done to make them worthy and KC not?

That is just crazy to me b/c if Carr or Stafford were on our team now we would be favored for a NFC Championship game. I believe both those QB';s have a better skill set and are better athletes than KC. Wow that is a shocker jy

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just crazy to me b/c if Carr or Stafford were on our team now we would be favored for a NFC Championship game. I believe both those QB';s have a better skill set and are better athletes than KC. Wow that is a shocker jy
Stafford a better athlete???? have you actually watched him through his career? He sucked his first couple of years to the point that they almost benched him and the fans were calling for his head. It wasn't until last year that he pulled it together. Which is an important point about KC. Stafford took 5 + years to find his groove. Which is not uncommon. Which is why you don't dump KC now. He will only improve (and is already a pretty damn good QB, but with flaws).

Carr may be a better athlete, but time will tell if he becomes a better QB. Maybe. Maybe not. Its a roll of the dice between KC and Carr at this point in their careers. I'll stick with what I have who knows this system and is very proficient in it.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what have they ever done to warrant being paid s highly?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, what have they ever done to warrant being paid s highly?

I just think they are better QB's. Just my opinion. Carr was having a MVP type year before his injury and he is young. Stafford is just a warrior to me. Massive arm with decent mobility.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is bullshit. you don't know that so you cant say that.

Based on the history of his team, and the league in general... the odds of this team trying to trade up for the sexy QB pick is a safe bet. To say tha Dan wont do that is foolish, because he has already shown a willingness to spend loads of money and draft picks on the flashy pick player. You even admit if Cousins WINS Dan will have no problem paying him. So its all about what looks good to Dan, and he is fine with looking good off the field.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think they are better QB's. Just my opinion. Carr was having a MVP type year before his injury and he is young. Stafford is just a warrior to me. Massive arm with decent mobility.
Based on what? Why do you think they are better QBs? What have they won? Isn't that the metric (position #29) that you applied to KC as to why we shouldn't pay him?

See the double standard here?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on what? Why do you think they are better QBs? What have they won? Isn't that the metric (position #29) that you applied to KC as to why we shouldn't pay him?

See the double standard here?

NO double standard. I feel they are better. Carr put the Raiders on the map. I rather have both of those guys. Sure KC can improve but right now I take those two.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ba
NO double standard. I feel they are better. Carr put the Raiders on the map. I rather have both of those guys. Sure KC can improve but right now I take those two.
Based on what? How'd Carr put the Raiders on the map? What exactly did he do? Stafford has a career losing record that is below KCs. DO you know how many INTs he has thrown at the end of games?
W

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dean, you would take Stephen Hawkins over Cousins though.. .so that aint saying much. Until recently people have been debating on if Stafford even WAS worthy of a starting QB role.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ba

Based on what? How'd Carr put the Raiders on the map? What exactly did he do? Stafford has a career losing record that is below KCs. DO you know how many INTs he has thrown at the end of games?
W

Carr was brining to the Raiders to a possible Super Bowl last year. Stafford has played more games but look at all the comeback wins. Plus he has had bad defenses too.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr was brining to the Raiders to a possible Super Bowl last year. Stafford has played more games but look at all the comeback wins. Plus he has had bad defenses too.
How was carr bringing the raiders to a possible SB? Hell, even qb is bringing their team to a possible SB, until they aren't.

Don't get me wrong, I think Carr has real possibilities and could become a very good QB. But he could also not. But he wasn't burning the league up last year. He had a good year, but no where near what KC (or stafford, for that matter) did.

Stafford had bad defenses??? What they hell was KC playing with last year? A historically bad defense in some areas. But you won't accept that as an excuse for KC but you will for stafford??? Hello double standard.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was carr bringing the raiders to a possible SB? Hell, even qb is bringing their team to a possible SB, until they aren't.

Don't get me wrong, I think Carr has real possibilities and could become a very good QB. But he could also not. But he wasn't burning the league up last year. He had a good year, but no where near what KC (or stafford, for that matter) did.

Stafford had bad defenses??? What they hell was KC playing with last year? A historically bad defense in some areas. But you won't accept that as an excuse for KC but you will for stafford??? Hello double standard.

no. I was just comparing to KC. Stafford had a lot of comeback wins with a bad defense. KC has not.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. I was just comparing to KC. Stafford had a lot of comeback wins with a bad defense. KC has not.
How many is a lot? I bet KC has had more comeback wins as an overall percentage of games played than stafford.

Dean, you don't know what you are talking about. You saw stafford against us last year come back (against an historically bad defense) and think that is him.......it ain't.

And Carr has done nothing more than KC in this league and one can argue he actually hasn't even done what KC has done. He had a great running game (similar to Dek in Dallas) so there was not pressure on him to produce. They managed him very well in Oakland. Which was the right thing to do. But he was not carrying that team to a possible SB.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many is a lot? I bet KC has had more comeback wins as an overall percentage of games played than stafford.

Dean, you don't know what you are talking about. You saw stafford against us last year come back (against an historically bad defense) and think that is him.......it ain't.

And Carr has done nothing more than KC in this league and one can argue he actually hasn't even done what KC has done. He had a great running game (similar to Dek in Dallas) so there was not pressure on him to produce. They managed him very well in Oakland. Which was the right thing to do. But he was not carrying that team to a possible SB.

That is your opinion. Put a poll up on the general board to see who would want which QB right now. If I don't know what im talking about then KC should win in a landslide.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is your opinion. Put a poll up on the general board to see who would want which QB right now. If I don't know what im talking about then KC should win in a landslide.
Dean I don't give a crap what other posters want. That's not the point. The point is that you hold KC to a different set of standards. To use your terms, I have "proven" to you that KC has been just as productive as those guys. Yet he doesn't deserve to be paid and they do in your eyes. That's just hypocritical.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean I don't give a crap what other posters want. That's not the point. The point is that you hold KC to a different set of standards. To use your terms, I have "proven" to you that KC has been just as productive as those guys. Yet he doesn't deserve to be paid and they do in your eyes. That's just hypocritical.

that is your opinion. you like stats. I rather have the other two.